Sakamichi no Apollon ─ Kids on the Slope

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
LovelySmily
Org Profile

Re: Sakamichi no Apollon ─ Kids on the Slope

Post by LovelySmily » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:27 am

I didn't like the art so i dropped it from my watching list but then decided to give it a try..i start yesterday watching from the first episode n didn't went to sleep before i reached episode 9 n i'm dying for 10 to come XD
it was the best music show i ever watched i started to like jazz too just when they start to "play around" i feel like my body is moving with the rhythm n after they finish i go like "BRAVOOOOOOO n clapps" <<my bros tho i'm crazy xD
BUT REALLY THIS NEED TO HAVE MORE VIEWS :D n it's sooooo unfair for it to have 13 episode :'( that's not fair at all
Try and fail, but don't fail to try

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am

I'm glad after a whole episode of whining like a little girl, Bon finally manned up.
Also, THAT END. :|

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:11 pm

2 episodes in, liking it so far. :up:

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 pm

i followed it as it aired for the first few episodes (i'm waiting for it to finish), i would've continued watching it on a weekly basis but it was already in the process of derailing into a love square. anyway, there were definitely some homosexual undertones. :uhoh: nonetheless it's still pretty good for what it's turning out to be, but not what i was expecting/hoping for.

LovelySmily
Org Profile

Post by LovelySmily » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm

^
^
there's no way it's yaoi well i'm a yaoi fan girl n i know when they wanted to make a shounen ai hints n guess what??!!
THERE WASN'T ANY..it's just a deep friendship feelings :D only "friendship" nothing to worry about n keep watching with a smile :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 am

He did say undertones, not actual homosexuality. But still, they weren't even supposed to be undertones, it was just the author... "failing" (can't find a better word) at portraying a same-sex friendship between males without it looking/hinting that way. At least, this is because the author is a girl, so to a male it does seem more odd than perhaps it does to a female.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:10 am

mirkosp wrote:He did say undertones, not actual homosexuality. But still, they weren't even supposed to be undertones, it was just the author... "failing" (can't find a better word) at portraying a same-sex friendship between males without it looking/hinting that way. At least, this is because the author is a girl, so to a male it does seem more odd than perhaps it does to a female.
Nicely said
ImageImage

LovelySmily
Org Profile

Post by LovelySmily » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:43 am

mirkosp wrote:He did say undertones, not actual homosexuality. But still, they weren't even supposed to be undertones, it was just the author... "failing" (can't find a better word) at portraying a same-sex friendship between males without it looking/hinting that way. At least, this is because the author is a girl, so to a male it does seem more odd than perhaps it does to a female.
wow u said everything :D *claps* :up:

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 pm

LovelySmily wrote:^
^
there's no way it's yaoi well i'm a yaoi fan girl n i know when they wanted to make a shounen ai hints n guess what??!!
THERE WASN'T ANY..it's just a deep friendship feelings :D only "friendship" nothing to worry about n keep watching with a smile :)
that's definitely not what i said. :sweat: i mean i don't really care, i was joking, but if the undertones didn't exist then they wouldn't be apparent to anyone (and i'm not the only one that has noticed). it's just the way sentarou and kaoru communicate with each other, their mannerisms, facial expressions, even the character designs. it obviously wasn't intended, but it is a josei so i was kind of expecting the relationship to be slightly warped, as mirkosp said - and i enjoy the anime regardless.

LovelySmily
Org Profile

Post by LovelySmily » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:22 pm

oooh sorry if i got you wrong :)...it's just i saw soo many people who didn't watch it because they thought it's yaoi :( ... it's an amazing anime really they can't ruin it with making shounen ai moments and as "Mirkosp" said " it was just the author... "failing" (can't find a better word) at portraying a same-sex friendship between males without it looking/hinting that way."
but i still can't see the shounen ai hints xD maybe i'm slow don't know haha
but I'm glade you're enjoying it and hope u enjoy it as much as i do ^____________^ <<here we go fan girl mood xD gomen ^^"
-sMiLy :D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”