Adobe Premiere PRO doesn't show the full video length

|Sangino|
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere PRO doesn't show the full video length

Post by |Sangino| » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 am

As Mister Hatt says most Fansubs doesn't use VFR,,,Anyways thanks for the tuto.. :up: I still can't figure out what might cause this problem in PPro CS4...
Here I posted a screenshot of what the problem consists:

If someone can help...ASAP please

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:23 am

Assuming you don't need the audio, have you tried importing just the video stream?
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 am

So the fact that this is a bad fansub aside, that doesn't look like VFR to me given the framerate is correct and the framecount is not. It simply isn't reading the later frames. Could be the audio is borking it though. I've seen some VfW tools which will cut out video when the audio ends, and your duration seems vaguely like an AMV duration with the whole song muxed in. See what happens when you just feed it the video only. Open the AVI in vdub, go Audio->none, Video->direct stream copy, and hit File->Save AVI. Then load the resulting AVI in Premiere.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:20 am

The quick (relatively) and easy solution is to convert your source to 24fps. I'm pretty sure this is a known issue with all versions of Premiere Pro CS (haven't tested CS6) with 23.976fps sources. I've seen it come up in conversation many times and have been able to reproduce it in testing. I've never encountered the problem myself while working on a project because I always change the rate of my sources to 24 since Adobe products have always had problems with 23.976.

|Sangino|
Org Profile

Post by |Sangino| » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:59 am

Mister Hatt wrote:So the fact that this is a bad fansub aside, that doesn't look like VFR to me given the framerate is correct and the framecount is not. It simply isn't reading the later frames. Could be the audio is borking it though. I've seen some VfW tools which will cut out video when the audio ends, and your duration seems vaguely like an AMV duration with the whole song muxed in. See what happens when you just feed it the video only. Open the AVI in vdub, go Audio->none, Video->direct stream copy, and hit File->Save AVI. Then load the resulting AVI in Premiere.
Yay!!Removing the audio did the trick :bzz:
But what if I need audio?!I guess Pwolf's rate conversion to 24fps is the best solution!
Anyway,thank you very much!!You have helped me alot...!!

ADOBE Products really have an issue with the 23.976 fps! :evil:

And one last thing:
does

Code: Select all

assumeFPS(24)
code in AviSynth make the frame rate 24fps?!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:06 am

|Sangino| wrote:But what if I need audio?!I guess Pwolf's rate conversion to 24fps is the best solution!
You can always import the audio on its own, by saving it as a wav from virtualdub before making the lossless without audio.
does

Code: Select all

assumeFPS(24)
code in AviSynth make the frame rate 24fps?!
Yes, that is correct.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:06 am

import the demuxed audio by itself as well?
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:24 am

:P You win this one modkip, by a few seconds.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm

assumefps preserves the frame count of the source without duplicating or removing frames. Basically, it will slow down or speed up the source based on the frame rate you supply. You want to use changefps. This will duplicate frames or remove them to match the given fps.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Pwolf wrote:assumefps preserves the frame count of the source without duplicating or removing frames. Basically, it will slow down or speed up the source based on the frame rate you supply. You want to use changefps. This will duplicate frames or remove them to match the given fps.
Or you could just use assumefps since the conversion between 23.976 and 24 isn't that significant.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”