CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 pm

The news regarding Pokemon B/W 2 is quite astounding. <3

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler :
Iris is the new champion. Actually, this makes sense contexually. She was always one of the kindest/most helpful people in B/W, and her philosophy on pokemon remind me a lot of Lance/Cynthia. Her team is a tad odd, seeing as she has an odd mix with her old dragon types (Lapras? Aggron?), but should be a great challenge. Oh, and her costume is adorable. <3

Lucario, Arcanine and Eevee all obtainable very early game. Hot damn. My dream team is actually possible. <3

Shizui as the 8th gym leader is a surprise. Then again, I look forward to this "older brother" character type.

Achroma (my icon) seems to be quite an interesting character with his "new" team plasma. I love the evil characters. <3

Alder's grandson? I've heard rumors it's N or the protagonist from the first game. Don't seem to have solid confirmations yet.

World championship? HOT DAMN.

Also, glad to see Elesa get a re-made costume. I love the new gym for her.
Just my initial thoughts. I stomached the budget pain and ordered the import copy. A little over my budget for the month, but I hate to break with tradition and not import at least one of them. XD

EDIT:
Spoiler :

JEEEESUS dat outfit. XD

Although this does confirm the royalty aspect that the Elite Four/Champion fit in the Japanese editions.

It's Pink Pricess Sailor Moon IRIS. :3

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:24 pm

How I wish I'd gone ahead and gotten the Advance entries when they'd come out, because trying to get them now is going to put a real hurt on the wallet (if I want to get either a New copy or one that at least has a working battery). Hopefully I can snag the non-B/W DS games before they disappear (and while I'm at it, actually get B/W and B/W2). It seems as though Diamond and Pearl have just crossed that boundary, so they're still in the $40-50 range, not like the $200+ that new copies of the Advance games go for.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Qyot27 wrote:How I wish I'd gone ahead and gotten the Advance entries when they'd come out, because trying to get them now is going to put a real hurt on the wallet (if I want to get either a New copy or one that at least has a working battery). Hopefully I can snag the non-B/W DS games before they disappear (and while I'm at it, actually get B/W and B/W2). It seems as though Diamond and Pearl have just crossed that boundary, so they're still in the $40-50 range, not like the $200+ that new copies of the Advance games go for.
I'll admit that I personally enjoy getting full new copies over used copies, but why not just find used copies via Amazon or used game stores? I have about 3 copies of Sapphire (2 used one bought new on launch day), and their internal battery works just fine.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Internal batteries have actually likely dried out in most gba games (I know it's run out in mine). You'd likely have to change the battery yourself if you really need a working battery copy.
That said, depending on what you want the games for, dried battery could be better. Right now I believe Emerald-like RNG of certain pokémon in RS is the only reason one might specifically want a dried battery, though (for instance, level 45 Kyogre/Groudon in RS can come in handy for trick room teams with a VGC 2010 ruleset).
If you instead just want to play them for the story, then dried battery shouldn't matter, as it only influences things like the in-game berry system and the mirage island number, which aren't really required to beat the game; you can very much save freely and all, and the savegame data will still be safe, unlike with RBY and GSC, if that was what was worrying you. If that's the case, I don't think you should need to specifically hunt down a working battery copy, thus you could save up some money by just grabbing a dried battery used one.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 am

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 am

CodeZTM wrote:I'll admit that I personally enjoy getting full new copies over used copies, but why not just find used copies via Amazon or used game stores? I have about 3 copies of Sapphire (2 used one bought new on launch day), and their internal battery works just fine.
I had been checking at the used game stores around here, and they don't have sections for GBA games anymore. I was looking on Amazon (and eBay), and figured that if it really came down to it, I could settle for a used copy.
mirkosp wrote:If you instead just want to play them for the story, then dried battery shouldn't matter, as it only influences things like the in-game berry system and the mirage island number, which aren't really required to beat the game; you can very much save freely and all, and the savegame data will still be safe, unlike with RBY and GSC, if that was what was worrying you. If that's the case, I don't think you should need to specifically hunt down a working battery copy, thus you could save up some money by just grabbing a dried battery used one.
Ah, that's reassuring. If that's the only thing that the battery affects, then it should be possible to just override and force a specific condition with the Action Replay I have, negating the problem entirely.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am

I grabbed Pokemon Conquest, anyone else get it? =D

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:49 pm

^nah, is it good?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 pm

I'd like to know too. I've thought about snagging it too, but haven't really seen any good (unbiased) reviews of it yet.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:48 pm

code...i've been watching the footage and intros and stuff, and everytime i see the guy in your icon i just think "code's in thi?--oh."

Return to “General Discussion”