Need help finding 2 clean OPs...

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Need help finding 2 clean OPs...

Post by kiarrens » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I am trying to locate clean OPs for two of the openings to Black Jack TV (specifically, "Here I Am" and "Fantastic").

I have about ten of the R2 discs ripped (a friend in Japan rented them for me) but none of the discs had any clean OPs or EDs on them. I am starting to doubt if clean versions even exist, the only one I have seen on YouTube appears to be from a Latino release and is very poor quality. If I can't find them I am looking at 200+ frames worth of frame by frame editing to remove the credits... ><
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Need help finding 2 clean OPs...

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 am

I forget exactly but IIRC volume 1 has the first OP and volume 18 has the third. Not sure which the second is on, if at all. Might be the DVDs your friend got were from the box set instead of the singles, or maybe he just sucks at ripping. They're often kinda buried in there I find. Another option is to try contacting someone who has them already if they're around, might have to ask.

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 pm

They probably were from the box sets. Damn. I guess this means I have to somehow hunt down those two single discs and buy them, or subject myself to months of photoshopping out all those credits.

Thanks so much, it's good to know that they actually do exist, gives me a starting point to start looking for them!
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Well, considering you said he rented them, then it means he did get the rental version. That generally means no extras (the clean OP and ED are counted as extras) as well as the video quality of the episodes might be lower than the retail version (though this is less likely).

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Black Jack was from the older period of DVDs where there wasn't a limited edition and extras came standard every so often if at all. Also, don't take my word for those disc numbers. Confirm them yourself before buying. Worth noting that as of a few weeks ago ripping is now "illegal" in Japan so Tsutaya may be a bit pickier on rentals, especially if you go specifically for the extra content discs.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”