Anime Mid Atlantic 12 AMV contest: FINALISTS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic 12 AMV contest: FINALISTS!

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:37 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:Wow...seriously.
I won't even discuss anything I just saw in this thread except to say I'm gonna follow Vlad's example and ditch the "anti-trolling" rule.
It's also not fair that the winners should be made to feel guilty for winning even if I honestly couldn't find the same results someone else did when trying to enforce what I see now is slightly more than arbitrary and maybe excessive regulation.
Moving on.
I want to clarify something, the only one anyone is trying to make feel bad is you.

You f*cked up and you don't even have the decency to acknowledge the criticisms, never mind apologize. :down:

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 am

Warlike Swans wrote:
Deuce Loosely wrote:Wow...seriously.
I won't even discuss anything I just saw in this thread except to say I'm gonna follow Vlad's example and ditch the "anti-trolling" rule.
It's also not fair that the winners should be made to feel guilty for winning even if I honestly couldn't find the same results someone else did when trying to enforce what I see now is slightly more than arbitrary and maybe excessive regulation.
Moving on.
I want to clarify something, the only one anyone is trying to make feel bad is you.

You f*cked up and you don't even have the decency to acknowledge the criticisms, never mind apologize. :down:
(+1)
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 am

I do regret my searches didn't turn up the necessary information when I needed it.
I just don't appreciate the implication I intentionally "looked the other way" or "ignored (my) own rules."
Neither is the case.
Trying to make me feel bad isn't gonna help or change what's already happened.
I don't get the impression anyone was intentionally "trolling."
I do apologize for however these oversights may have inconvenienced anyone but, again, making the winners feel guilty or grumbling about it now is pointless.
Fine, I get that some aren't happy about how things turned out in the end and, again, it doesn't change the fact I didn't find the information I needed.
All I can do is learn from this and make necessary changes...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:19 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:I do regret my searches didn't turn up the necessary information when I needed it.
I don't care how many different ways you search it, the same results can be found in MORE places than what I posted (and all on the first page of search results on google).
Deuce Loosely wrote:I just don't appreciate the implication I intentionally "looked the other way" or "ignored (my) own rules."
Neither is the case.
Trying to make me feel bad isn't gonna help or change what's already happened.
It's not about making you feel bad about what happened, it's about you not owning up to your own mistakes and continually deflecting.
Deuce Loosely wrote:I don't get the impression anyone was intentionally "trolling."
I do apologize for however these oversights may have inconvenienced anyone but, again, making the winners feel guilty or grumbling about it now is pointless.
I agree with both of those statements, no one was trying to make them feel bad at all.
Deuce Loosely wrote:Fine, I get that some aren't happy about how things turned out in the end and, again, it doesn't change the fact I didn't find the information I needed.
It wasn't about how things turned out, it's how you handled it. I have no problem at all with any of the finalist or the results of the contest.
Deuce Loosely wrote:All I can do is learn from this and make necessary changes...
:up: Good luck.
Last edited by l33tmeatwad on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 am

l33tmeatwad wrote: It wasn't about how things turned out, it's how you handled it.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 am

The only thing I can do is make whatever attempts to prevent anything like this happening again.
It's no excuse but this the only explanation I can offer.
See, I do have a team under me.
I trust them enough with being delegated to assist in certain responsibilities and tasks..
I just tend to feel like I'd burden them by handing out more.
I've spent almost all my life dealing with things alone because I never had anyone to help and didn't know how to ask (because I was determined I didn't need it).
This weekend was good practice in getting over it, though.
I'm finding they're more willing to lend their assistance than I'm used to.
But yeah, I think I'll be working with them more after all this.
I just felt I was being attacked and put the guard up but it also prevents me from seeing the real problem beneath the surface.
I apologize for making anyone feel like I was pushing them aside or devaluing their concerns.
Not my intention at all. :(
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:15 am

Thank you for putting the vote counts up ^.^ it's much appreciated

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 pm

I realized I hadn't congratulated the winners yet! Congratz all! It was an exceptional contest. I still can't believe it, simply in awe. I have screen caped the announcement and placed it as my desktop to brighten my day ^_^

I really LOVED your video EimiJ7!!! I thought it was super cute!
ImageImage
ImageImage

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 am

SammySamaProductions wrote:I really LOVED your video EimiJ7!!! I thought it was super cute!
Yay! That makes me happy ^.^ I'm glad you liked it

Melichan923
Org Profile

Post by Melichan923 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:Here we are, y'all.
The moment you were waiting for.
I'll have all the details later but for now...THE WINNERS!

ACTION - SammySama Productions: "One More"
DRAMA - tie-breaker between Melichan923 and Galia & Kitty!
Result (decided by audience reaction which had to be done twice): Galia & Kitty!: "Terminis"
UPBEAT / DANCE & COORDINATOR'S CHOICE - Vlad G Pohnert: "Once Upon a Time in Russia..."
ROMANCE / SENTMENTAL - StarTrinity009: "Bunny Love"
COMEDY & VIEWERS CHOICE - MysteriousRyder: "Ballad of the Nice Guy"
MOST ANNOYING - MysteriousRyder: "Epic Thrusts of Epic Proportions"
CON CHAIR AWARD - GuardianOfTheKnight: "Little Wonders"
BEST IN SHOW - SatoshiSakura: "Coup D'etat (Long Live the Shadow King)"

It was a really awesome contest and I thank everyone who submitted entries to Anime Mid Atlantic this year!
I almost forgot to congratulate all of the winners. Big congrats to you all! |:> It's funny that Friends Forever has been either a in a tie breaker or within a 2 vote margin 2-3 times now. At first I was pretty bummed that I came so close and didn't win, but I saw Terminis and was blown away by how well it was done and how much work and creativity was put into it. I'm glad it was noticed. Great job Galia & Kitty! :up: I'll be watching it again and again.
Image Image

Return to “AMV Contests”