Local Downloads Page

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Local Downloads Page

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Maybe this could go into The .Org Redesign, but I'll let mods decide. Also, if I have brought this up before, forgive me. My rambling eludes even my memory at times. Lastly, I'll preface this by saying that it is by no means an immediate concern, and in the event that the site does get the long-awaited redesign, this may not even be an issue.

You know when you clear out all of your pending stars, and you click Local Downloads, it'll give you the whole list of AMVs you've downloaded. Under no circumstances do I ever click this button, because with 8000+ videos under my belt, it will freeze my computer for a good fifteen minutes or so. What I would suggest is Super Search-like functionality instead, complete with paged results, so that I can pull up only the videos in which I am interested by category.

This is bottom of the barrel stuff, but it's worth noting at least.
dj_ultima_the_great

Re: Local Downloads Page

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Interesting problem. Even with my relatively laggy internet connection at work, my 1100+ loaded in less than a second (so it's not a linear problem). There might be an error point when the object returning the list gets to big, causing it to hang while it re-sizes. You don't have a really shitty connection, do you?
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Local Downloads Page

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Nah, my connection, both in terms of quality and speed, has always been really good.
dj_ultima_the_great

Return to Site Help & Feedback