Sync effect??

Afellay
Org Profile

Sync effect??

Post by Afellay » Tue May 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi guys, just been going through some videos on youtube and found something that caught my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Unf6z0cCvI

It's that thing they did with the text. Sync in with the music. I don't know how exactly I should describe it but its like that 'Bad sync' effect on Vegas but not exactly it. I would like to learn this on Sony Vegas.

Another effect I want to learn is that part starting from 0:11
When the gameplay is fit in the box. and little boxes outside the box. If you know what I mean... I would like to learn this in Vegas as well

Thanks in advance! :roll:

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Re: Sync effect??

Post by zibbazabba905 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 pm

isn't this that "twitch" everyone's talking about?
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Afellay
Org Profile

Post by Afellay » Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 am

No, I don't think so. Twitch effect has kind of RGB colour, it shakes and it doesn't have that 'bad sync' like the one in this video.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 am

It can be achieved with twitch as well as tv sync on vegas. twitch doesnt always mean it has RGB shifting, theres quite a number of controls which sets the chaos. at 0:11 it can be done in vegas with many layers and by making the layers fit nicely in each of its own place. Honestly using After Effects here would be so much more easier and enjoyable since you can do far more things instead of being limited to what vegas can hold.

FXD960
Org Profile

Post by FXD960 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:41 am

I think it can be achieved with AE with the Twitch Plug-in. Inside that plug-in there are alot of effects like RGP Split and more. Maybe that effect can be there!

HaydenST
Org Profile

Post by HaydenST » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 am

Afellay wrote:No, I don't think so. Twitch effect has kind of RGB colour, it shakes and it doesn't have that 'bad sync' like the one in this video.
You don't have only the preset shake RGB effect called Bad Distorsion, u can customise it yourselves and have some others effects
This is not twitch, this is an 2D handmade i think with the slide screens in the background or perhaps Sapphire film damage shake i don't know

Return to “Effects & Techniques”