AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...let the (post-prod) madness begin!

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 am

Deuce Loosely wrote: Good catch.
Fixeded.
*smh*
just thought you'd like to know ^_^ everything else looks good :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

I agree on the Perfect Day clip, it's kind of a personal inside joke for Madoka fans. They'll start going "Ooooohhh nooo...." within two seconds of the clip starting I'm pretty sure. The added Cartman takes away from the utter creepy humor of it, so for the refined version I'm for going back to the earlier version as well.

Warlike Swans suggested switching the beginning to a transformation to ease the obviousness of the scene so it wasn't quite so instantaneous that you're know what was going to happen. Worth consideration, but I believe both potentials have their own style of humor, different, not better or worse either way.

Sent you a message moonbunny. I believe we can still pull this off ^^

Deuce, please consider for AMA that you may need some time set aside to switch things out quickly, do a render and upload to Scott's system. I know that may be difficult, but even one extra day could ease a ton of our burdens. I'm working my butt off when not at the conference, but I only have about 2 hours a night to work on this, including looking through 7 animes worth of clips. Actual editing won't take too long, hopefully, once I have all the clips. I have 4 animes done, 3 to go, I just need a stretch of time and Wednesday will probably be it. If moonbunny can't do her section, I can do it, but I just will need the extra time. I BELIEVE IN YOU, MOONBUNNYCHAAAAAN!! :D
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Well,...all Scott has is a DropBox since Otakon (even with all the money they pull in and in spite of its size) won't afford him an FTP server space.
The best I can do is replace the file, alert him to it, and hope it works out.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 pm

That's fine, I was talking more about how you are going to be at the con and be distracted. I just want to make sure you'll have a system and internet connection and such to replace the credits and rerender and get it to him. You know me, I'll do everything I can to get this done when necessary, but if moonbunnychan really is that indisposed then I'll be in mad-dash mode. She and I both seem to have Wednesday and Thursday off, so it's close to deadline, but with a long stretch of time, it really should be quite possible.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Distracted is an understatement.
I'll be working most of the time on AMV programming stuff unless I manage to throw everything on DVDs, which is possible.
But yeah...my down time will be limited but I'll still check in as often as I can.
I prefer this be done by Wednesday night but I also know how reality works. :P
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:09 pm

You've my promise that I'll be spending every available moment on editing. The problem is the amount of available moments ^^ Hopefully moonbunny can get back to me and see if even some of this can be completed on her end. If not, I'm going to look through Chobits tonight and I'll just grab more footage and hope.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 am

I'm working like crazy in the moments I have to try and get this ending done too. X_x
I'm trying to stay up all night tonight since for the next three days I'm doing 10pm to 6am shifts. When is like, the absolute last day I can get this to you?

I'm fine with changing back the Perfect Day clip. I think I like it better the other way too.

Also I noticed in the credits that Superstar is listed twice.

And if you need to get something to them in a hurry, I can host files no problem. I can set you up your own little ftp account off my own. Just let me know.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am

Do we want a reaction video for AMA for AMVS6? if so let me know, I'll be more than happy to record it. I just need to make sure my camera is charged if that is the case :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am

That'd be a big hell yes from me ^^ I spent until 2 AM yesterday morning trying to get those ending credits working, so I'm simultaneously extremely nervous, and very interested in seeing how they do. Same for the intro really... and the rest of it... actually fuck it, every year it's the same, at this point I'm a nervous wreck.

Edit: Okay, heard from Deuce, seems everything's complete and sent to Scott. So in theory we got the completed timeline in early enough to get browny points, and the completed edit in on time for the final deadline.

Now we cross our fingers. Have fun at the con, guys, hope it goes well!

Oh, and please get a reaction vid of Reheated as well :D I haven't seen it in audience yet!
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 am

Gaelstrom wrote:That'd be a big hell yes from me ^^ I spent until 2 AM yesterday morning trying to get those ending credits working, so I'm simultaneously extremely nervous, and very interested in seeing how they do. Same for the intro really... and the rest of it... actually fuck it, every year it's the same, at this point I'm a nervous wreck.

Edit: Okay, heard from Deuce, seems everything's complete and sent to Scott. So in theory we got the completed timeline in early enough to get browny points, and the completed edit in on time for the final deadline.

Now we cross our fingers. Have fun at the con, guys, hope it goes well!

Oh, and please get a reaction vid of Reheated as well :D I haven't seen it in audience yet!
No problem. i'll charge my Iphone too (which is more or less like an Ipod now that there's no service on it...) to make sure I have something with space, and battery life to get everything. I'll be able to post it when I get back Sunday night ^_^ I'm sure it will do just fine though, no need to be so nervous but I know the feeling! ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”