Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Food thread!

Post by Ileia » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Interesting mix, the grapes and cashews! Grapes are tasty. :up:
Just move those onions aside and I'm sure it'd be delicious! :asd:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:33 pm

For general understanding of what I'm into...just gonna post a few pictures I found on my HD of stuff I did with/for my girlfriend.
(I think she's really happy that I'm a cook..especially considering she can't do it [yet] :P )

(I do not own a good cam, so sadly the impact of how good it actually looked and tasted is destroyed)

Stuffed paprika (there's mince inside) with rösti and tomato sauce. (This was made before I started my professional cook-education)

Rumpsteak with roasted jacket potatoes and peppersauce.

asparagus cream soup.

...chicken breast with tomato-slices, rasped zucchini, pesto au gratin with mozzarella...sesame-roasted jacket potatoes and leaf spinach in curry-brew....(my own invention...tasted amazing :awesome: )

Doing every from scratch by the way...just hate those completed products full of shit :?

Also:

Epic Christmas-baking :ying:

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Kevmaster, I would love to challenge you someday. Your stuffed pepper looks awesome, but I usually use green because they're cheaper.

That asparagus cream soup is interesting. Did you shred the asparagus?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Kevmaster, I would love to challenge you someday.
A real org iron chef? :up: :P
Flint the Dwarf wrote:That asparagus cream soup is interesting. Did you shred the asparagus?
Yep. You don't have to shred it, but that's what I do. If you want to save money, usually the asparagus-brew that arises from general cooking will have enough power to make the soup still taste good but I prefer to shred it and keep it in the soup to enhance the intensity. If you don't, you'll have two meals. So that's your choice. Just make sure to cut the asparagus in really small pieces. You'll want to strain through a sieve anyway, but the fibers will wrap the blades of your immersion blender (similiar to what can happen with leek).
I also put a little bit of honey into the cooking water which gives the asparagus a little extra-kick. Just don't overdo it, you can easily destroy the taste by making it taste too sweet. :P Oh, don't forget a pinch of nutmeg.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 am

This: http://www.rotaryribfest.org/ is happening in my town this weekend. Went last year and the food was so good. I want to spend the entire weekend there this year. Trying to get people to go tomorrow or tonight after work right now.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Kevmaster wrote:I also put a little bit of honey into the cooking water which gives the asparagus a little extra-kick. Just don't overdo it, you can easily destroy the taste by making it taste too sweet. :P Oh, don't forget a pinch of nutmeg.
Interesting. I think I'm going to try that.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Lambs shanks on mashed potato with peas and corn. Lamb shanks were braised, placed on a base of onion, coated in mushrooms and garlic, and then left to sit in the oven on a low heat for four hours, in a mixture of australian beer (Boag's, not Fosters), diced tomato, a touch of stock powder, with some thyme, oregano and basil.

It was delicious. On to my next project.

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 am

BEHOLD! the Shaggy and Scooby sandwich (lite)
It is made of:

bread
butter
turkey
Swiss cheese
salami
pepper-jack cheese
roast beef
marble cheese
bacon
cheddar
ham
mayonnaise
bread

I made a non-lite one the other day, and wasn't able to make it through half of it...
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 am

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “General Discussion”