The Lip Flapper : Volume 23 - Radical_Yue

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 23 - Radical_Yue

Post by Chiikaboom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 am

Nice read Yue :up: though while I like your "flamer with a heart of gold" slogan, I actually dont think its appropriate because I dont consider your method of critiquing to be flaming at all whatsoever, just constructive. Or maybe I just havent read enough of your comments ;p
Image ImageImage

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Wow, to be honest I'm kinda floored with some of these responses. I was pretty sure that the second I sent my interview answers to Code I was going to be facing a wall of hate the moment it went up. >>;;

You guys are freakin' awesome. :up:
Chiikaboom wrote:Nice read Yue :up: though while I like your "flamer with a heart of gold" slogan, I actually dont think its appropriate because I dont consider your method of critiquing to be flaming at all whatsoever, just constructive. Or maybe I just havent read enough of your comments ;p
hehe, aesling said it one day and I kinda loved it so I stole it x3

I think people primarily have problems with my criticism because:

1) I post it wherever the hell I want.
This goes back to the "if you're just editing for fun, ignore it" bit because a big response I get is "Well, I wasn't looking for criticism so shut up, you're st00pid!"

2) I'm incredibly blunt.
I don't believe in sugarcoating in any way, shape, or form. But then again, that's me as a person in general. When I give my opinions I tell you what I think was wrong and my reaction to it. I'm sorry, but if I think it's boring, I'm going to say I thought it was boring. I rarely touch on what the strengths of the video are because either everyone else has already been praising it so it's pretty obvious what was good (just not what was bad) and that's how I like my criticism to be. Ever since I was a kid, I could kinda care less about what I did right. Whether it was schoolwork, personal job, whatever, tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it and I'll just assume whatever you're not harping on is something I did right because there is no need to touch on it. I don't want an ego boost, I want to do better.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Yue is one of the few people who takes action and genuinely wants to make the community a better place and wants everyone to become better editors.

The AX threads in general are proof that she won't settle for mediocrity. :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 am

While I disagree with your methods, I agree with your end goal. :up:

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Damn, Yue, a very interesting interview.
It makes me wana pick up my latest project I'm currently working on and have love with it.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:30 am

I do generally agree with some of the stuff Yue says in this interview, but a few things just bugged me (and this is my own opinion here):
Radical_Yue wrote: I don't want an ego boost, I want to do better.

There are some people who have incredibly low self-esteem when it comes to editing, and only pointing out the "bad" things might make them not want to edit anymore.

This is the case with one of my friend. He thinks what he puts out is 100% crap and feels he needs to redo the AMV over and over again and try to fix it to the best of his ability. The problem though is....going to what Yue said about:
Everyone has unlimited potential.
I don't wanna be an ass to say this, but I feel this isn't true. I know what you meant when you were going with this, but for some people, this isn't true.

I'm not trying to make "excuses", but there are just some things people just can not do. Going back to my friend, he's 85% deaf. He can't hear a beat or a lyric even if it were to smack him in the face, so he tries to rely on his hearing to the best of his ability and me, but with that problem is, I'm 70% deaf, so it doesn't help either way. :P

Does that mean he'll be a terrible editor? Or doesn't "want" to improve?

Sometimes a little ego boosting is a good thing IMO, especially under these circumstances.

(btw, this friend of mine got in for the first time in the AX contest and he keeps telling himself he needs to withdraw because he still feels his AMV isn't up to par with the others, despite being his "best work" so far.)

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 am

Well, but being deaf is a particular case (don't say "no we're 2)
Basically, editing, compositing, all that kind of stuff is about learning and practicing so yeah anybody has unlimited potential... Though, we could compare with some lessons like some people get better mathematics than languages, I could give you that. Still, your friend and yours' cases are particular, actually, I kind of admire the fact that, despite this, you want to edit and make great vids : )

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 pm

reach for the stars!

Return to “General AMV”