Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 2, hosted by CodeZTM.
User avatar
GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 pm
Status: =w=
Location: Double Rainbow World
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby GuntherAMVs » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:21 pm

JUST HAVE TO SAY THIS:

NUMBER 11. YOU MADE MY DREAMS COME TRUE.
I LOVE YOU.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
THE COUNT. OH THE COUNT <3 <3 <3
*fangirling without any sense of hope or restraint*

Oh, and of course all the other videos were great too :3
GOOD WORK GUYS~
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

User avatar
Eake4
Australian Zeus
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 am
Status: Doing something useless again
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby Eake4 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:32 am

Good job guys, from the videos I can safely assume Im out.
Image

User avatar
Ror0noaZoRo
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 am
Location: Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby Ror0noaZoRo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:58 am

Suggestion for "Project OrgEditor season 3" if there is any.

Give us the theme for the next round after the deadline of a round is over
so we can plan the next round in the time we w8 for results
and if we pass we make the video.

just a thought :idea:

User avatar
pacotacoshell
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 am
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:18 am

Ror0noaZoRo wrote:Suggestion for "Project OrgEditor season 3" if there is any.

Give us the theme for the next round after the deadline of a round is over
so we can plan the next round in the time we w8 for results
and if we pass we make the video.

just a thought :idea:

That's like giving the contestants extra time to make a video. The coordinator doesn't know if the editor is editing or not before the actual start of the round, so doing anything like this other than a hint would be impossible.
Image

User avatar
Ror0noaZoRo
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 am
Location: Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby Ror0noaZoRo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 am

Spoiler :
pacotacoshell wrote:
Ror0noaZoRo wrote:Suggestion for "Project OrgEditor season 3" if there is any.

Give us the theme for the next round after the deadline of a round is over
so we can plan the next round in the time we w8 for results
and if we pass we make the video.

just a thought :idea:

That's like giving the contestants extra time to make a video. The coordinator doesn't know if the editor is editing or not before the actual start of the round, so doing anything like this other than a hint would be impossible.


yes but why would that be bad?
i mean having more time would make the videos better with less dropouts ..
so the contest overall would be more intersting for the viewers :)

User avatar
siny
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:41 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby siny » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 am

lol no please

These two days of waiting are very welcome! I need some rest :sweat:
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 am

Season 3 and my other unannounced contest this winter will have a different scheduling system. Of all the things that the contest has had complaints-wise this season, scheduling seems to remains the biggest issue that has been brought to my attention.

Future iterations will likely have less amount of days to work with, but editors can pick which set of specific days they want to edit in a two week period or so. Still in planning phase. It's hard to please some 30 or so people all at the same time. :sweat:

But no, I'd likely never let people edit while judging was taking place.

User avatar
SilverFreedoms
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 pm
Status: Hungry
Location: Texas
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby SilverFreedoms » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 am

CodeZTM wrote:Season 3 and my other unannounced contest this winter will have a different scheduling system. Of all the things that the contest has had complaints-wise this season, scheduling seems to remains the biggest issue that has been brought to my attention.

Future iterations will likely have less amount of days to work with, but editors can pick which set of specific days they want to edit in a two week period or so. Still in planning phase. It's hard to please some 30 or so people all at the same time. :sweat:

But no, I'd likely never let people edit while judging was taking place.


Ahh thats a shame, I liked the week of editing
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

User avatar
Anicsi
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:44 pm
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby Anicsi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am

Hm, I also think people should have a whole week to edit, otherwise the videos probably won't turn out as good. There'll always be days editors have too much going on to edit at all. Well, personally, I think this contest is very interesting, more so than many others I've been following so far. But there's no way I'd ever be able to participate. For people who're in college and who have exams and are working part-time, or editors with full-time jobs, a whole video per week is nearly impossible. (Except you're named Siny, of course. But she seems to manage with 3 hours of sleep at night, Idk LOL)
So, I think one video every second week or so would be a good compromise. Give people a week of a breather to actually study or have something of their social lives lol But you're right of course, it's no easy to please everyone, so... Let's see how it'll go |:>

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Anicsi wrote:Hm, I also think people should have a whole week to edit, otherwise the videos probably won't turn out as good. There'll always be days editors have too much going on to edit at all. Well, personally, I think this contest is very interesting, more so than many others I've been following so far. But there's no way I'd ever be able to participate. For people who're in college and who have exams and are working part-time, or editors with full-time jobs, a whole video per week is nearly impossible. (Except you're named Siny, of course. But she seems to manage with 3 hours of sleep at night, Idk LOL)
So, I think one video every second week or so would be a good compromise. Give people a week of a breather to actually study or have something of their social lives lol But you're right of course, it's no easy to please everyone, so... Let's see how it'll go |:>

It's an intractable problem to begin with. Anyone who has no responsibilities in life has a mounting advantage over the next guy in how much time they can spend on a project as the editing window gets larger. ICs work - everyone sets aside those 2 hours (or whatever) to edit. Any fixed, temporally coherent time scale over that is a delicate balance between giving the NEETs the clear advantage and making "shit came up" drops more likely. Having everyone schedule their individual time within a window? All I can say is stick to the window, or you end up like IC4. Obviously if you have a window, you need to cut it down from a week of editing or the whole thing will take 6 months to finish.

User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 pm
Status: I fight for my friends
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby irriadin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:#11 is my pick for 1st this round. Its full of smexy.


x2. That song suits Gankutsuou perfectly, and the scene selection is ace.

User avatar
SilverFreedoms
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 pm
Status: Hungry
Location: Texas
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby SilverFreedoms » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 pm

24 more hours to wait ........

And I was kind of wanted to see that one person who analyzes the amv's come and make a visit
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

User avatar
Anicsi
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:44 pm
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby Anicsi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:48 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:It's an intractable problem to begin with. Anyone who has no responsibilities in life has a mounting advantage over the next guy in how much time they can spend on a project as the editing window gets larger. ICs work - everyone sets aside those 2 hours (or whatever) to edit. Any fixed, temporally coherent time scale over that is a delicate balance between giving the NEETs the clear advantage and making "shit came up" drops more likely. Having everyone schedule their individual time within a window? All I can say is stick to the window, or you end up like IC4. Obviously if you have a window, you need to cut it down from a week of editing or the whole thing will take 6 months to finish.


Yeah, that is true. But it's a shame, these contest look like so much fun ;'( But I think that one-week breathers in between the editing rounds are a good thing for everyone. On the other hand, of course, it would nearly double the time of the contest. You might be less worn out after it, though xp
Ahhh, whatever, I probably never will participate in the first place, so lets leave it at that. Here, have some pizza and beer. :pizza: :beer: And a shark. :shark:

User avatar
PantherMarie1988
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Status: Still Sad That The Cake Is A Lie
Location: Sap City (With Cami =P)
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby PantherMarie1988 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Anicsi wrote:Hm, I also think people should have a whole week to edit, otherwise the videos probably won't turn out as good. There'll always be days editors have too much going on to edit at all. Well, personally, I think this contest is very interesting, more so than many others I've been following so far. But there's no way I'd ever be able to participate. For people who're in college and who have exams and are working part-time, or editors with full-time jobs, a whole video per week is nearly impossible. (Except you're named Siny, of course. But she seems to manage with 3 hours of sleep at night, Idk LOL)
So, I think one video every second week or so would be a good compromise. Give people a week of a breather to actually study or have something of their social lives lol But you're right of course, it's no easy to please everyone, so... Let's see how it'll go |:>

It's an intractable problem to begin with. Anyone who has no responsibilities in life has a mounting advantage over the next guy in how much time they can spend on a project as the editing window gets larger. ICs work - everyone sets aside those 2 hours (or whatever) to edit. Any fixed, temporally coherent time scale over that is a delicate balance between giving the NEETs the clear advantage and making "shit came up" drops more likely. Having everyone schedule their individual time within a window? All I can say is stick to the window, or you end up like IC4. Obviously if you have a window, you need to cut it down from a week of editing or the whole thing will take 6 months to finish.


The good thing about this contest is that it was started in early May and early May is when I believe most college kids are out...I myself am a school teacher. At the time I was participating in this, I was working two jobs - teaching during the week and working at a theme park on weekends. Thus, I never had a day free. Luckily since school will be out this Friday, I'll be back down to only one job for a while since the weekend one will become my full time one until the end of summer x3 point being, I found time although I had a unforeseen problem with vegas and I couldn't edit for a few days or fix my beta for round #2 when I could finally edit and I do feel as if I had more time maybe I wouldn't have been eliminated as I know I'm a better editor than that...but things happen and I stand by "people who are busy and know they are busy shouldn't sign up" ... you're given a window of time to edit in and if you really want to participate, you need to be your own judge of when you can edit and manage your time better
Hi There!
Image
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

User avatar
PantherMarie1988
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Status: Still Sad That The Cake Is A Lie
Location: Sap City (With Cami =P)
Org Profile

Re: Round 4 Submitted Videos [14/14]

Postby PantherMarie1988 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 am

oh and thank you Video 09 *O* I didn't think I'd see anyone edit with princess tutu because the source is nowhere available in 1080p xD haha - eat that "picky quality" judges! I usually love any video with Rue x3
Hi There!
Image
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward


Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests