This is the n00biest question ever but [How to find footage]

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ueggg98
Org Profile

Post by ueggg98 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 am

I am totally new to this. I have an idea in my head and have vague knowledge of Sony Vegas, but I'm having trouble actually finding good footage to use. :sweat:

I'm sorry to bother you all with such a n00b question, but I think this would be very useful to know :oops:

In fact, I'm not even quite sure if I'm posting in the right category. If I'm not, then please redirect me.

;m; Oh the woes of a n00b... DX

[Kariudo: I think this question is better suited for General AMV. Topic moved, and title altered for clarity.]

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: This is the n00biest question ever but...

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 am

What do you mean by good footage? As in quality? Well, that depends entirely on the anime you want to use. Newer shows tend to look better than older ones generally, as well as, if the show is natively HD, the BD should look better than the DVD.
If by good footage you actually meant footage that works well in AMVs then, well, that too does depend a lot on the kind of video you're doing. Generally, the better the animations and the more cinematic of a look the footage has, the better it will work in an AMV, but that's a very huge generalization anyway...
It's a very generic question though, so I'm not sure this was the answer you were looking for. :sweat:

ueggg98
Org Profile

Re: This is the n00biest question ever but...

Post by ueggg98 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 am

mirkosp wrote:What do you mean by good footage? As in quality? Well, that depends entirely on the anime you want to use. Newer shows tend to look better than older ones generally, as well as, if the show is natively HD, the BD should look better than the DVD.
If by good footage you actually meant footage that works well in AMVs then, well, that too does depend a lot on the kind of video you're doing. Generally, the better the animations and the more cinematic of a look the footage has, the better it will work in an AMV, but that's a very huge generalization anyway...
It's a very generic question though, so I'm not sure this was the answer you were looking for. :sweat:
Aah, sorry for being so vague. I guess what I'm really asking is where is a good place to get or download footage. I know it sounds very noobish but I am extremely new and don't quite know what to do yet ;=x=

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: This is the n00biest question ever but [How to find foot

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:28 am

Rightstuf is a pretty good place, it has many deals. Amazon is pretty good too, although it's not quite as focused as Rightstuf.
As far as downloading goes, well, there's something on iTunes, but most services allow only streaming (like Crunchyroll and Netflix). If you meant some other kind of download then... I'll just link the rules.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:01 am

"Doctor David V. Daeo viewed Durarara via DVD video."

"Today's Blu ray way raise waves of change."

You will be more frustrated trying to find a place to download suitable/salvageable footage than saying the above sentences 10 times really fast. Start by buying a DVD or Blu ray.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

ueggg98
Org Profile

Re: This is the n00biest question ever but [How to find foot

Post by ueggg98 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 am

mirkosp wrote:Rightstuf is a pretty good place, it has many deals. Amazon is pretty good too, although it's not quite as focused as Rightstuf.
As far as downloading goes, well, there's something on iTunes, but most services allow only streaming (like Crunchyroll and Netflix). If you meant some other kind of download then... I'll just link the rules.
Thank you so much! This is really helpful. And thanks for linking the rules too, I was having trouble finding them. :)

Return to “General AMV”