Sankarea

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Sankarea

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
Spoiler :
So I guess I was right about the leaves. I wonder how long Rea has before the poison can no longer hold off the decomposition.
Spoiler :
What I'm wondering about is how well Wanko is accepting the recent turn of events and how slow the father is taking in trying to get his daughter back, or whatever he was planning on doing. Then again, we don't what the father has up his sleeve, and maybe watching that kiss had more of an impact on Wanko rather than the fact she was just licked by a zombie.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm actually liking the main character for once, probably because of his laid back attitude (even as a kid). Some many series have hyperactive characters on a permanent sugar rush that seeing a character who just doesn't give a shit about a lot of stuff is fun to watch.

ep 7 was ok for a childhood flashback ep, but I want to get back to the main plot. Next week's ep looks like it will be good, insane daddy seems like he'll be reappearing.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 am

Great series so far. Should follow if you havent already and
Spoiler :
Ep 7 wasnt really that good as an episode but played a great role so I guess thats forgivable

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 am

ep 8, a bit of slice of life stuff that was kinda meh, but then finally some action towards the end, damnit, another cliffhanger, gotta see what the next ep has in store.
Spoiler :
Lol at Rea screaming for help while swinging the bench around over the unconscious kidnappers.
And I was pretty happy at the friend getting punched out lol, they made him a little too over the top as a character. People shouldnt be allowed to be that hyper.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Rea is cute, but after seeing what she did to that bench I'm terrified of her. :o

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue May 29, 2012 1:19 pm

guy07 wrote:Rea is cute, but after seeing what she did to that bench I'm terrified of her. :o
Gives new meaning to the phrase 'bench pressing' eh? :ying:
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:47 am

ep 9, seriously?
Spoiler :
they throw in a flashback/imouto ep just as the series gets exciting, I really hope this is more than 12 eps because it feels like the characters are still being introduced and just barely developing, no way i'm going to be satisfied if this ends in 3 more eps.

Although it looks like their mom was a zombie. She's probably the Sada the grandpa's been talking about. Now we know where he got his zombie fetish.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:01 am

Spoiler :
I uctually thought that Mero would see Rea as her mother the moment there was that flash back where the mother said "I can't feel your tempature with my hand like this"

but yeah, it was a good episode but I wanted to see that kidnaping instead :)
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Ep 10
Spoiler :
This was pretty interesting. The father seems like he was kinda imbalanced to begin with, he fell in love for the first time in his life and then it became an obsession.

I actually think the mother was more interesting through. It's kinda funny that she started out like the other maids as sort of a gold digger but then somehow ended up falling in love with him somehow even though he was never interested in her. I thought she was just in it for the money but she ended up bitter because he never had any interest in her at all. I sort of feel for her as getting married to someone after working so hard to get their attention and then finding out the only person they have eyes for is their daughter would be pretty rough. I like how she isn't just a two dimensional character. Lol, and the only thing that shows her any affection is a zombie cat.

Guess this series is only going to be one season, a bit sad as I would love to see just a bunch of slice of life eps with Rea and Chihiro.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:38 am

OVA was win.
Also, the Rea's father us fucked. That is all.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”