[Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 am

MOE BLOBS. Needs moar of them! :asd:

Kidding, the atmosphere in this is brilliant and K-On was a perfect match for the song. I don't really like K-On but I found this immensely enjoyable to watch (maybe cause of the moe blobs? :ying: ) I do have to agree with MimS on the first part being slightly better than the second though. My main gripe about the second part is probably the pacing and length of the band/concert scene, it lacks some sort of dynamic action that the first part had which gave it the happy upbeat feeling of K-On. It's not really a big deal since I think you were going for more of a "dreamy" feel to end the video but perhaps stashing a few more school/friend event scenes in midst of the concert scene to level it out might have worked better since that sequence felt really long to me.

I really liked the overlays though, they make the video look shiny and so happy. I haven't seen all the videos for this group yet but I can definitely say this one is currently my favourite. :up:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Post by irriadin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 am

Kisanzi wrote:After watching this vid, I think I'm going to start calling you Bubbles instead of Irriadin or that other nickname of yours...:P

So Bubbles, this vid is pretty good. It's got that smooth Bubbles style that I've been seeing more of lately. But I still see a hint of Russian Bubbles and French Bubbles fighting with one another over which part they want to do. Ever since that Black Lagoon MEP, French Bubbles and Russian Bubbles seem to fight over which one is going to take the lead in the project. You need to pick which Bubbles you want to edit the whole video with and stick with them so that there is more focus to the flow and FX in the vid. But other than that, nice work Bubbles!
Thanks for making me laugh for about two days straight with this post. I'll see if I can get my multiple editing personalities in order :rofl:
jade_eyed_angel wrote:Nice I liked it! Very happy and shiny and totally the opposite of mine! :)

Good luck!
I think it's awesome that our group has so much diversity in terms of approach and style :) Good luck to you as well!
AimoAio wrote:MOE BLOBS. Needs moar of them! :asd:

Kidding, the atmosphere in this is brilliant and K-On was a perfect match for the song. I don't really like K-On but I found this immensely enjoyable to watch (maybe cause of the moe blobs? :ying: ) I do have to agree with MimS on the first part being slightly better than the second though. My main gripe about the second part is probably the pacing and length of the band/concert scene, it lacks some sort of dynamic action that the first part had which gave it the happy upbeat feeling of K-On. It's not really a big deal since I think you were going for more of a "dreamy" feel to end the video but perhaps stashing a few more school/friend event scenes in midst of the concert scene to level it out might have worked better since that sequence felt really long to me.

I really liked the overlays though, they make the video look shiny and so happy. I haven't seen all the videos for this group yet but I can definitely say this one is currently my favourite. :up:
Thanks May! I'm glad the pairing worked well, and honestly, I agree with you about the concert scene; it was something I wanted to tweak a little further, but I just plain ran out of time. I needed to get at least SOME sleep for the next day. 3 hours of sleep wasn't too good either, though :roll:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”