[A Quickening Video R1] After Life

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

[A Quickening Video R1] After Life

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey guys, my quickening video for round 1! It's emo. Be sad. Sad times. :)

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Re: [A Quickening Video R1] After Life

Post by Infinity Squared » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Huzzah!

Pocho_Love
Org Profile

Post by Pocho_Love » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 pm

:awesome:

Scoob
Org Profile

Post by Scoob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 pm

I see...here is the comment you wanted...

Make another amv soon? >.>
ImageImage
ImageImage

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:23 pm

I see it's 2500kbps ... :ying:

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:I see it's 2500kbps ... :ying:
I don't know, is it? ;P

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I really liked it, it is sad, but it has an upbeat to the music which makes up for that sadness part. :) but still good, I really liked clannad, it was sad but turned out to be a happy ending.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 am

I felt like your Clannad parts fit the "After Life" idea more than the Angel Beats. But then it's hard to edit with Angel Beats and convey a story that non-viewers will understand since it is kinda...unique. xD I wasn't really fond of your flashes either because they were really sharp, I would have preferred softer white fading for the sync with them instead. Also some scenes felt kinda static and disrupted the flow a little.

But the mood was really nice and the general feeling of it was good, it's nice to see you editing more Rina. :up:

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

Infinity Squared wrote:Huzzah!

:)
Pocho_Love wrote::awesome:
|:>
ScoobINSMDBZ wrote:I see...here is the comment you wanted...

Make another amv soon? >.>
Thank you, scobhoe. o:
SacredArrow18 wrote:I really liked it, it is sad, but it has an upbeat to the music which makes up for that sadness part. :) but still good, I really liked clannad, it was sad but turned out to be a happy ending.
Thanks, glad you liked! Yeaah, Clannad spoilers! haha
AimoAio wrote:I felt like your Clannad parts fit the "After Life" idea more than the Angel Beats. But then it's hard to edit with Angel Beats and convey a story that non-viewers will understand since it is kinda...unique. xD I wasn't really fond of your flashes either because they were really sharp, I would have preferred softer white fading for the sync with them instead. Also some scenes felt kinda static and disrupted the flow a little.

But the mood was really nice and the general feeling of it was good, it's nice to see you editing more Rina. :up:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed! I'll try to make more videos, I forgot how fun it is!

It's true Angel Beats story was really hard to get across, I think the general opinions of people watching it (that I asked) were pretty much "I think I know what's going on" but then it turned out they did't. :) But works for me! It's definitely a unique story, but that's actually one of the reasons I felt it kind of fit in with the concept, since it kind of showed the other side of after life, so it was interesting to mix them together.

I actually generally prefer longer flashes myself! Just ended up going with shorter ones here because of the pace of the song, which did make the whole concept of doing a drama vid to it a bit of a challenge (OMG emo lyrics, totally upbeat song. I just had to go with emo I couldn't imagine doing a happy video to this at all). I just don't think I realized how many static talking scenes Angel Beats has once you get around all the fighting and all the extra characters, so I pretty much ran out of good footage of them 2 halfway though. ^^; I considered taking it out and going all Clannad, but I wanted Angel Beats to have its tribute since I'm not sure I'll make another video to it anytime soon at least and I really loved it. But it was fun to make either way, thanks! :)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Good stuff. It felt both sad and upbeat. :cry: :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”