[Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby irriadin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 am

Image



My Quickening Round 1 entry. Thankfully, I actually enjoy this song a lot (according to last.fm, I've listened to it about 150 times since Sunday). Anyway, I thought it would also be a good time to try doing something very different from my normal style; instead of guns, explosions, and violence... music, happiness, and moe-blobs. Hope you enjoy!
User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Location: PA
Status: I fight for my friends

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby Centurione » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:10 am

That was very very enjoyable :up:
User avatar
Centurione
 
Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Location: Poland
Status: fikk fela igjen!

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Completely loved it! Nice work!
Image
User avatar
EkaCoralian
 
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Status: Trying to get the time to edit. x_x;

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby MimS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

DLed and viewed on my new phone :3

1st part was pretty cool but seems like you had an hard time working on second one... that's how I felt it at least...
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby Kairih » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Really nice, good job :up:
Image
User avatar
Kairih
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Location: Italy

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby xDreww » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Enjoyable indeed. :3
Nice job. Anything with MIO I'll love. :awesome:
Good luck this round! I should be done pretty soon also!
Image
User avatar
xDreww
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby S.A. Robert » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 am

Very nice *__*
Image
User avatar
S.A. Robert
 
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Location: Moscow/Russia

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby irriadin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 am

Centurione wrote:That was very very enjoyable :up:


EkaCoralian wrote:Completely loved it! Nice work!


Kairih wrote:Really nice, good job :up:


S.A. Robert wrote:Very nice *__*


Thanks everyone! I'm very happy that this video is being well-received. :D

MimS wrote:DLed and viewed on my new phone :3

1st part was pretty cool but seems like you had an hard time working on second one... that's how I felt it at least...


Hmmm... I can't really say that one part was any easier than the other. I think I worked harder on the second half than the first; the first part is more of an introduction.

xDreww wrote:Enjoyable indeed. :3
Nice job. Anything with MIO I'll love. :awesome:
Good luck this round! I should be done pretty soon also!


Thanks! Mio is teh awesomesauce, agreed. Looking forward to seeing your video!
User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Location: PA
Status: I fight for my friends

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby Kisanzi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 pm

After watching this vid, I think I'm going to start calling you Bubbles instead of Irriadin or that other nickname of yours...:P

So Bubbles, this vid is pretty good. It's got that smooth Bubbles style that I've been seeing more of lately. But I still see a hint of Russian Bubbles and French Bubbles fighting with one another over which part they want to do. Ever since that Black Lagoon MEP, French Bubbles and Russian Bubbles seem to fight over which one is going to take the lead in the project. You need to pick which Bubbles you want to edit the whole video with and stick with them so that there is more focus to the flow and FX in the vid. But other than that, nice work Bubbles!
Image Image
User avatar
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Location: Colorado
Status: Getting to the roof!

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby jade_eyed_angel » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Nice I liked it! Very happy and shiny and totally the opposite of mine! :)

Good luck!
Image
Image
User avatar
jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: New York

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby AimoAio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 am

MOE BLOBS. Needs moar of them! :asd:

Kidding, the atmosphere in this is brilliant and K-On was a perfect match for the song. I don't really like K-On but I found this immensely enjoyable to watch (maybe cause of the moe blobs? :ying: ) I do have to agree with MimS on the first part being slightly better than the second though. My main gripe about the second part is probably the pacing and length of the band/concert scene, it lacks some sort of dynamic action that the first part had which gave it the happy upbeat feeling of K-On. It's not really a big deal since I think you were going for more of a "dreamy" feel to end the video but perhaps stashing a few more school/friend event scenes in midst of the concert scene to level it out might have worked better since that sequence felt really long to me.

I really liked the overlays though, they make the video look shiny and so happy. I haven't seen all the videos for this group yet but I can definitely say this one is currently my favourite. :up:
Image
User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby irriadin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 am

Kisanzi wrote:After watching this vid, I think I'm going to start calling you Bubbles instead of Irriadin or that other nickname of yours...:P

So Bubbles, this vid is pretty good. It's got that smooth Bubbles style that I've been seeing more of lately. But I still see a hint of Russian Bubbles and French Bubbles fighting with one another over which part they want to do. Ever since that Black Lagoon MEP, French Bubbles and Russian Bubbles seem to fight over which one is going to take the lead in the project. You need to pick which Bubbles you want to edit the whole video with and stick with them so that there is more focus to the flow and FX in the vid. But other than that, nice work Bubbles!


Thanks for making me laugh for about two days straight with this post. I'll see if I can get my multiple editing personalities in order :rofl:

jade_eyed_angel wrote:Nice I liked it! Very happy and shiny and totally the opposite of mine! :)

Good luck!


I think it's awesome that our group has so much diversity in terms of approach and style :) Good luck to you as well!

AimoAio wrote:MOE BLOBS. Needs moar of them! :asd:

Kidding, the atmosphere in this is brilliant and K-On was a perfect match for the song. I don't really like K-On but I found this immensely enjoyable to watch (maybe cause of the moe blobs? :ying: ) I do have to agree with MimS on the first part being slightly better than the second though. My main gripe about the second part is probably the pacing and length of the band/concert scene, it lacks some sort of dynamic action that the first part had which gave it the happy upbeat feeling of K-On. It's not really a big deal since I think you were going for more of a "dreamy" feel to end the video but perhaps stashing a few more school/friend event scenes in midst of the concert scene to level it out might have worked better since that sequence felt really long to me.

I really liked the overlays though, they make the video look shiny and so happy. I haven't seen all the videos for this group yet but I can definitely say this one is currently my favourite. :up:


Thanks May! I'm glad the pairing worked well, and honestly, I agree with you about the concert scene; it was something I wanted to tweak a little further, but I just plain ran out of time. I needed to get at least SOME sleep for the next day. 3 hours of sleep wasn't too good either, though :roll:
User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Location: PA
Status: I fight for my friends


Return to AMV Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kireblue and 6 guests