[Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby irriadin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 am

My Quickening Round 1 entry. Thankfully, I actually enjoy this song a lot (according to last.fm, I've listened to it about 150 times since Sunday). Anyway, I thought it would also be a good time to try doing something very different from my normal style; instead of guns, explosions, and violence... music, happiness, and moe-blobs. Hope you enjoy!
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Re: [Quickening R1] Farewell to Tomorrow

Postby Centurione » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:10 am

That was very very enjoyable :up:
Centurione

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Completely loved it! Nice work!
EkaCoralian

Postby MimS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

DLed and viewed on my new phone :3

1st part was pretty cool but seems like you had an hard time working on second one... that's how I felt it at least...
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby Kairih » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Really nice, good job :up:
Kairih

Postby xDreww » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Enjoyable indeed. :3
Nice job. Anything with MIO I'll love. :awesome:
Good luck this round! I should be done pretty soon also!
xDreww

Postby S.A. Robert » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 am

Very nice *__*
S.A. Robert

Postby irriadin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 am

Centurione wrote:That was very very enjoyable :up:

EkaCoralian wrote:Completely loved it! Nice work!

Kairih wrote:Really nice, good job :up:

S.A. Robert wrote:Very nice *__*

Thanks everyone! I'm very happy that this video is being well-received. :D

MimS wrote:DLed and viewed on my new phone :3

1st part was pretty cool but seems like you had an hard time working on second one... that's how I felt it at least...

Hmmm... I can't really say that one part was any easier than the other. I think I worked harder on the second half than the first; the first part is more of an introduction.

xDreww wrote:Enjoyable indeed. :3
Nice job. Anything with MIO I'll love. :awesome:
Good luck this round! I should be done pretty soon also!

Thanks! Mio is teh awesomesauce, agreed. Looking forward to seeing your video!
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Kisanzi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 pm

After watching this vid, I think I'm going to start calling you Bubbles instead of Irriadin or that other nickname of yours...:P

So Bubbles, this vid is pretty good. It's got that smooth Bubbles style that I've been seeing more of lately. But I still see a hint of Russian Bubbles and French Bubbles fighting with one another over which part they want to do. Ever since that Black Lagoon MEP, French Bubbles and Russian Bubbles seem to fight over which one is going to take the lead in the project. You need to pick which Bubbles you want to edit the whole video with and stick with them so that there is more focus to the flow and FX in the vid. But other than that, nice work Bubbles!
Image Image
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?

Postby jade_eyed_angel » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Nice I liked it! Very happy and shiny and totally the opposite of mine! :)

Good luck!
jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist

Postby AimoAio » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 am

MOE BLOBS. Needs moar of them! :asd:

Kidding, the atmosphere in this is brilliant and K-On was a perfect match for the song. I don't really like K-On but I found this immensely enjoyable to watch (maybe cause of the moe blobs? :ying: ) I do have to agree with MimS on the first part being slightly better than the second though. My main gripe about the second part is probably the pacing and length of the band/concert scene, it lacks some sort of dynamic action that the first part had which gave it the happy upbeat feeling of K-On. It's not really a big deal since I think you were going for more of a "dreamy" feel to end the video but perhaps stashing a few more school/friend event scenes in midst of the concert scene to level it out might have worked better since that sequence felt really long to me.

I really liked the overlays though, they make the video look shiny and so happy. I haven't seen all the videos for this group yet but I can definitely say this one is currently my favourite. :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby irriadin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 am

Kisanzi wrote:After watching this vid, I think I'm going to start calling you Bubbles instead of Irriadin or that other nickname of yours...:P

So Bubbles, this vid is pretty good. It's got that smooth Bubbles style that I've been seeing more of lately. But I still see a hint of Russian Bubbles and French Bubbles fighting with one another over which part they want to do. Ever since that Black Lagoon MEP, French Bubbles and Russian Bubbles seem to fight over which one is going to take the lead in the project. You need to pick which Bubbles you want to edit the whole video with and stick with them so that there is more focus to the flow and FX in the vid. But other than that, nice work Bubbles!

Thanks for making me laugh for about two days straight with this post. I'll see if I can get my multiple editing personalities in order :rofl:

jade_eyed_angel wrote:Nice I liked it! Very happy and shiny and totally the opposite of mine! :)

Good luck!

I think it's awesome that our group has so much diversity in terms of approach and style :) Good luck to you as well!

AimoAio wrote:MOE BLOBS. Needs moar of them! :asd:

Kidding, the atmosphere in this is brilliant and K-On was a perfect match for the song. I don't really like K-On but I found this immensely enjoyable to watch (maybe cause of the moe blobs? :ying: ) I do have to agree with MimS on the first part being slightly better than the second though. My main gripe about the second part is probably the pacing and length of the band/concert scene, it lacks some sort of dynamic action that the first part had which gave it the happy upbeat feeling of K-On. It's not really a big deal since I think you were going for more of a "dreamy" feel to end the video but perhaps stashing a few more school/friend event scenes in midst of the concert scene to level it out might have worked better since that sequence felt really long to me.

I really liked the overlays though, they make the video look shiny and so happy. I haven't seen all the videos for this group yet but I can definitely say this one is currently my favourite. :up:

Thanks May! I'm glad the pairing worked well, and honestly, I agree with you about the concert scene; it was something I wanted to tweak a little further, but I just plain ran out of time. I needed to get at least SOME sleep for the next day. 3 hours of sleep wasn't too good either, though :roll:
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Return to AMV Announcements