Eureka Seven AO

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: Eureka Seven AO

Post by TEKnician » Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 pm

FAWWWWWK YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! SUPER TRAPAR POWERS, BEEOTCH!

Oh god...i love Truth but i hate douchebags who
Spoiler :
steal someone else's girl. not cool, man. Ao, you better follow them into the next world.
Next time a scub burst opens an inter dimensional portal, you'd BETTER fly into it.

OH, and lol this sub:
Spoiler :
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 am

Episode 7 made me both so happy and so angry. ;A; <3
Spoiler :
Truth, you're a douche. But a fabulous douche.
Naru, the HELL ARE YOU DOING?! God I'm so mad at you. D': You didn't even TOUCH Ao's hand when he reached for you. D=<
Aoooo. Bb its gonna be ok. ;; </3
ALSO, DID ANYONE NOTICE:
Spoiler :
I NEARLY FELL OUTTA MY CHAIR. Its GOTTA be theEND! But then, how?! theEND was destroyed from a blast of rainbow lazers in like episode 48. Hooowww?!
BUT THAT IS SO TOTALLY THE END.
LFHKLHSTRLBMH
(Makes me wonder if Anemone or Dominic is somewhere in this world...)

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Wed May 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Spoiler :
OMFG!!!! THATS A FREAKIN iPAD!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And yes, that IS TheEND.

My guess is that he is not dead (apparently). Remember Ganzi?
Spoiler :
That old "tea guy" from the original E7 that turned out to be a coralian the whole time? I remember him saying,
Ganzi wrote:"From here on, you will use this universe and we will use a separate universe to seek out a way for humans and scub corals to co-exist as one. There really is no reason for there to be only one path of evolution."
And then he vaporized. TheEND vaporized the same way, so i assume he's here.
Holy crap, if i see Ganzi in the background, I'm gonna flip some tables!

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:14 am

No but theEND didn't up and vaporize randomly. He got the recoil of a blast from Oratorio #8, the Command Cluster-obliterating lazer that Dewey fired. Like he got smoked by a lazer.
My guess is that they got is shell back somehow and brought it to AO's world, and they're trying to rebuild it. I think that seems likely because theEND's final state in E7 was that its head was totally gone along with its arms and legs, but its torso piece was still in tact.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:32 am

Episode 8 was meh.
Very meh.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:Episode 8 was meh.
Very meh.
x2

I mean, ok who's Ao's father, but its not like we weren't already curious. The politics in this show just seem so dumb.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Episode 9 seemed a lot better to me; and for once, I actually chuckled at Elena's anime reference joke.
A really feel-good episode, imo.

Also the Secret they faced sort of resembled the shape of the trapar rods from the first series that pierced that group of KLFs in that one scene (at least to me, anyways).

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:35 pm

meleechampion wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:Episode 8 was meh.
Very meh.
x2

I mean, ok who's Ao's father, but its not like we weren't already curious. The politics in this show just seem so dumb.
*sigh* yeah

The plot is just all over the place. Even when the original E7 had their arcs and filler-like episodes, they at least made sense and felt like you need to watch this episode to understand the episodes surrounding it. All i got was that the president is Fleur's dad. Not much character development. Elena needs more back story (mainly cuz i think she is "Mirror" from episode 7).

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 pm

TEKnician wrote:
meleechampion wrote:Elena needs more back story (mainly cuz i think she is "Mirror" from episode 7).
That's some great speculation. Gonna have to try and connect those dots.

...here's the thing though, EVERYONE needs more back story. I'm having great difficulty connecting with any of these characters. I mean, I'd like to think I can connect with Ao (just lost my girl too, fuckin a, go get her back! broke my heart that scene where he reached out like renton and got nothin in return) but in all seriousness he's just not thinking. I get it though, he's just a boy. Nobody is making decisions I can get behind. It turns out they're all acting strangely, to me, mostly because I don't know them. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than the stereotypical "anime characters don't have depth" one-dimensional style... but I just don't even know anymore.

I just don't see ANYWHERE NEAR the depth with this cast like I did with the original E7. I'm not being down on AO but... they're just being mysterious for the sake of being mysterious. No answers, just more questions. The governmental/political stuff is out of place too, except I expect it will have something to do with the plot... later... but for now it's boring.

Luckily for them, they get the full season from me. I'll watch every minute... but I get the feeling casual viewers have probably already lost interest in the show.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Also, why do they keep letting Ao pilot when he keeps disobeying orders?

Doesn't make sense. Gendo would have ordered the use of the dummy plug already.

:3

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”