Anime Mid Atlantic 12 AMV contest: FINALISTS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic 12 AMV contest: FINALISTS!

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Warlike Swans wrote:You realize that there is no point to an anti-trolling policy that you don't enforce.
i almost fell under this category with fullmetal's back :oops: but my 3rd award came after the deadline so you can't yell at me :nose:
According to your video's profile page, katsucon was its 3rd award. The rules state awards, not awards at separate cons.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:According to your video's profile page, katsucon was its 3rd award. The rules state awards, not awards at separate cons.
oh shit you're right. well in my defense there were 3 viewer's choices at KotoriCon so technically not a 1st place win(?) also i didn't find out about the KorotiCon win til 2 weeks ago (cuz i missed the thread it was announced on) :oops:

i apoligize if i trolled. accident. i'm usually pretty good about that...

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I also got a viewers choice at kotori so I can vouch for that but it is still an award...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:According to your video's profile page, katsucon was its 3rd award. The rules state awards, not awards at separate cons.
oh shit you're right. well in my defense there were 3 viewer's choices at KotoriCon so technically not a 1st place win(?) also i didn't find out about the KorotiCon win til 2 weeks ago (cuz i missed the thread it was announced on) :oops:

No worries. I actually hadn't known if Fullmetal's Back had won 3 awards before the deadline and you made an honest mistake. The two other videos that I can identify are indicative of editors who didn't read the rules. Even so, it's the coordinator's job to enforce the rules and he didn't.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Rider4Z wrote: i am excited about Check Your App being in there :D go 3rd Disney MEP!
I look forward to competing against you :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 pm

thanks :D altho i don't see Check Your App winning anything XD especially going up against LC Lapen's But Tonight (i beta tested that one and it's the fashizzle) good luck to you!

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 pm

AUUU HAAA.. Finally up against Rider4Z's video.... Mahahaha...... Let Mortal Combat begin!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 am

Image i'm a chew toy

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:

No worries. I actually hadn't known if Fullmetal's Back had won 3 awards before the deadline and you made an honest mistake. The two other videos that I can identify are indicative of editors who didn't read the rules. Even so, it's the coordinator's job to enforce the rules and he didn't.
To Richard (Deuce): With this revelation of certain entries violating the anti-trolling rule ("nonwinners of 3 lifetime"), will this change the lineup for the contest?
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:50 am

Brakus wrote:To Richard (Deuce): With this revelation of certain entries violating the anti-trolling rule ("nonwinners of 3 lifetime"), will this change the lineup for the contest?
Of course it would.
I lost time to do the research I typically do.
Apparently there are two that were made known to me recently.
The problem is this site hasn't updated their index of contest results to reflect any cons for 2012.
That's what I use to see who has won what and how many times.
Otherwise, it's near impossible to track until the 'org updates its directory because some cons don't post their results here.
Anyway, I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
And yes it's apparent there are those who assume all contest rule sets are the same because I still get entries with sownloaded anime, watermarks, credits, and incorrect encoding.
I've even had one would-be entrant commit plagiarism by turning in several instances of other people's YouTube videos.
Obvious grounds for disqualification.
Anyway, I'll speak to whomever I have to about getting a-m-v.org to be more diligent about updating their contest results directory so this kind of research can be done... :oops:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “AMV Contests”