I need to vent, so pardon me.

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 pm

KidEgo wrote:
AceD wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Did KidEgo turn over a new leaf yet? :nose:
Probably not since hes convinced hes the greatest, even people who don't like been criticized don't usually go around thinking there amazing

Oh gee, I'm sorry, I have a life outside of the internet too. There's stuff I like to do besides make AMVs and hang out on the internet all day long. For pete's sake.


..and why are you posting on an amv related messageboard to prove your point?
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 pm
Status: I fight for my friends
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby irriadin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:20 pm

KidEgo wrote:
AceD wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Did KidEgo turn over a new leaf yet? :nose:
Probably not since hes convinced hes the greatest, even people who don't like been criticized don't usually go around thinking there amazing

Oh gee, I'm sorry, I have a life outside of the internet too. There's stuff I like to do besides make AMVs and hang out on the internet all day long. For pete's sake.


:|

You're not going to ellicit any sympathy with that attitude :nono:

What I could say has already been said by others (and in a more articulate manner than I would manage, most likely) so I'll just say this: take a step back and think about your video. Is it really perfect? Is there nothing you could have done to make it better?

KidEgo
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 pm
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Well back on topic:Most of you are making it seem like I'm attacking the people who criticized my work (except for the ones giving lousy reasons like the douchebag who hated it because I had no special effects or fancy transitions and ones like that and hated it just because of the other show I hated), and I'm not. I'm just upset, because I only make a new AMV like every 5 or 6 months at minimum usually. Sometimes I don't make another AMV for a whole year. Because I take the idea(s) I have into consideration and think them over for a long period of time to see if I want to make them that bad.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

KidEgo
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 pm
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Castor Troy wrote:..and why are you posting on an amv related messageboard to prove your point?

Because some people in the last few posts made it sound like I stopped posting here because I chickened out and put my tail between my legs and I didn't.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:44 pm

KidEgo wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:..and why are you posting on an amv related messageboard to prove your point?

Because some people in the last few posts made it sound like I stopped posting here because I chickened out and put my tail between my legs and I didn't.


Ok, back on topic.

If there's people who apparently like the amv and has even convinced them to watch the show, why even let any bad feedback bother you at all?
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

KidEgo
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 pm
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Because most of the negative feedback I've gotten (not this place in particular) has been for stupid reasons, like me saying I didn't like the other show and because it doesn't have any pretty special effects or transitions or because they don't like the music, and I think it's ridiculous, although some of the reasons people in this thread have listed are understandable, but I personally think they aren't a big deal.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

User avatar
gotegenks
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: charlesgood, california
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby gotegenks » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Yeah, some people really fuckin suck like that, i agree.
Image

User avatar
inthesto
Beef Basket
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:27 am
Status: PARTIES
Location: PARTIES
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby inthesto » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 am

Please tell me you guys aren't getting legitimately trolled by this weak bullshit.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

User avatar
Kairih
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Kairih » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:03 am

I think you don't have much self-esteem :up:
You should have more value of yourself and others.
Image

User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 am
Status: Texty :3
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Animated » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 am

Kairih wrote:I think you don't have much self-esteem :up:

THIS will work in a better way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWjzBHUdsI
Image
Image

User avatar
Taite
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 am
Location: Colorado
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Taite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

Man, when I was first editing, I was just like this. I got way excited when a scene matched the lyrics. :) And I don't mean the lyrics are singing about crying, and you show a scene of somebody crying. I mean exactly what you did, this: I made an Ouran video with this one song (can't remember it) but the lyrics were something along the lines of "blahblah at the start/our beginning" and I had a scene of the vase falling down and crashing. I distinctly remember showing it to my sister and pointing and laughing and told her "Do you get it? Cuz the vase breaking signifies the start of Haruhi's relationship with the club and Tamaki!"

The problem with this is that, those who haven't seen the anime, wouldn't get it. She understood when I explained it to her, but she said it just looked off. A vase breaking in the middle of the video, wtf? There are special cases where the viewer can kind of understand the story through the lyrics, but it depends on the viewer. Obviously that one person who watched your video kind of got it and wanted to see the anime.

But 8/10 times, people who haven't seen the anime won't get it, so they're just going to focus on editing and atmosphere and the other 8 yards. :?
But I've seen your video, and I don't understand any of it, but it truly remind me of the classics that were made back when I started editing, which obviously isn't as long as some of the editors on here who joined back in 01/02. But your video is very reminiscent of 06-08 when I started editing, and honestly I love that shit. Straight up 5 second long scenes, internal sync, pure lyric to story connection. Fuck yeah. Really not much editing at all, which is the beauty of it. But overall, I still didn't enjoy it, because idk what the hell's happening. Plus, I do care about good editing still, and it just lacked in some essential areas, like, um, sync. But it would have been amazing to me about 5 years ago. :sweat:

So see? To each his own. There's not two people who will take away the exact same experience from an amv. But one thing you're gunna have to learn is editors on the org care about good editing. +All the other points everyone else in the thread brought up, which you need to just suck up and agree with, because they're right, and just agree to disagree with some of the opinions regarding your video itself.

The good thing about the org though is that, if your video at least has good editing, you won't get trashed as much. For example, a common phrase: "It had good editing, but it just wasn't my cup of tea :nose: " Not bad.


I've got sympathy for you KidEgo, but man, your attitude sucks. I'd expect that from an editor in their first 1-2 years of editing usually, but you've been editing since 08 it seems. However, you haven't been involved in a community or editing very often, so I can see where you would still have that new editor attitude. Fine by me, but you won't enjoy your time here like that, and that's the honest truth.

Had to give my two cents, it's just so damn nostalgic.
Image Image

User avatar
Kairih
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Kairih » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 am

Animated wrote:
Kairih wrote:I think you don't have much self-esteem :up:

THIS will work in a better way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWjzBHUdsI[/quot]

:rofl: :rofl:
Image

User avatar
AMV_4000
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:29 am
Location: USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby AMV_4000 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Well I just wrote a long speach about this and then my phone deleted it... basically just do it for fun, some will like it some will hate it. Do it for yourself, don't worry about those who dislike it. Not everyone likes the same art... and this comes from someone who still gets hateful comments on vids from 2003...

KidEgo
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 pm
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby KidEgo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeah, I SURE made a HORRIBLE video, right?!?!


Image


Now I know that the people on here who hate my video are not just jealous, but biased and elitists as well. And I love how everywhere else I've posted this video people are saying it's good, INCLUDING the person in that comment that this is a print screen above!
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Postby Ileia » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Image


Youtube:
- Some nice comments that have several thumbs up
- A "bad" comment about how the video lacked good transitions
- 17 thumbs up, 10 thumbs down

A-M-V.org:
- Someone posted here about how they did like it, they said it was very good: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109543
- Other people (I'm assuming in quick comments) didn't like it.
- The video has a 2.7 star score out of 5. We'll round it up to 3. Three = good

Both sites have people who liked the video and people who didn't. There's really not much else to say.


Return to “General AMV”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest