I need to vent, so pardon me.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
KidEgo
Org Profile

Re: I need to vent, so pardon me.

Post by KidEgo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Again:It's lip flap, so what? If it had intentional lip syncing I would have checked off the lip sync box when I submitted it, but it doesn't have intentional lip syncing so I did not. And why is it that on YouTube nobody else has problems with the things everyone here pointed out? It's like pulling teeth as I said in the first post.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

KidEgo
Org Profile

Post by KidEgo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

You can't just have fun and have to nitpick every single flaw.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:40 pm

To put it simply - and you're going to get a lot of people here who will disagree with this but secretly know it's true...

YouTube is a place for all editors. All levels of skill, all styles, everyone. Since the participants are so scattered along the spectrum, so are the audience members. You don't get as critical of feedback because you're getting a lot of people who aren't as familiar with the hobby on a technical level.

The .org is a place of refinement. We challenge ourselves to be better than everything else out there, sometimes to the point of being elitist bastards. You get more critical feedback because more people know the hobby intimately here, and newbies to the hobby who come here typically get educated very quickly.

Which is the better way? Neither one, actually. It depends upon why you're in this hobby. If you find us frustrating, then this may not be the place for you. It's certainly not your fault, and it's not ours. We do love editing just like you, but we're very nitpicky, and if you're looking more for casual editing and fun, then we're a little uptight in that department.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm

KidEgo wrote:Again:It's lip flap, so what? If it had intentional lip syncing I would have checked off the lip sync box when I submitted it, but it doesn't have intentional lip syncing so I did not. And why is it that on YouTube nobody else has problems with the things everyone here pointed out? It's like pulling teeth as I said in the first post.
You need to understand that YouTube is more of an "audience" based crowed and a-m-v.org is more of an "editor" based crowd. We tend to take things more seriously here in hopes of helping each other improve.

Lip flap isn't a crime, but in my opinion, the way it looks in your video really kills the flow. You don't have to listen to my opinion if you feel that the youtube crowd is more correct. If you feel that it works in your video, then more power to you. If you're proud of it, then that's all that should matter, right?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 pm

KidEgo wrote:You can't just have fun and have to nitpick every single flaw.
well, you can read here about lip flap and why some think it's bad (or good) but also how it can be used or avoided, if you care about that stuff...
lip flap is another thing that you kinda need experience to notice sometimes, at least enough for it to bug you.

people on the org submit to contests and take a lot of pride in their work so they really want their videos to be as good as possible and so most everyone here loves the exchange of ideas and opinion about AMVs, but the most striking thing about that is the criticism. You won't find anything like it elsewhere on the web if your only language is english, so if that's not your thing, it won't be hard to avoid, but if it is, then welcome to the org!

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Honestly, editing completely aside....you need to man the fuck up....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 pm

TBH, while I don't think your video is exactly bad, I've seen a lot worse, I wouldn't say I completely enjoyed it. The song, source, and editing just didn't draw me in. I wasn't invested in the story or mood of the video. I watched through it just for the sake of being able to say I did so. Points already provided are probably the cause, but in the end it just wasn't a video for me.

I think that's the real name of the game here. Not everyone is going to enjoy your video, and you should be glad that these users cared enough about this video to provide you with pointers on it, rather then just not saying anything. They want you to improve so the can see things they would like to see from you.

In the end it's up to you how you take this criticism. Sadly, at the moment I hate to say you haven't been taking it all that well. If you don't agree with it, don't agree with it. Keep making vids you wanna make. Just don't expect everyone to like them, you'll be sorely disappointed.
ImageImageImageImage

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:36 pm

AceD wrote:Honestly, editing completely aside....you need to man the fuck up....

KidEgo
Org Profile

Post by KidEgo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 am

Oh gee, maybe if I used Linkin Park or Nickelback or some modern stuff like that for the gazillionth time I'd be getting better feedback on here. Also, somebody on YouTube told me that my video made them want to check out the movie, and that's one of the best comments I ever got on any of my videos.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 am

KidEgo wrote:Oh gee, maybe if I used Linkin Park or Nickelback or some modern stuff like that for the gazillionth time I'd be getting better feedback on here.
If your editing was better, you'd get better feedback. It doesn't matter what the source is.

Return to “General AMV”