Fate/Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Zero

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 pm

ep 22, STOP TEASING US!
Spoiler :
Of course the ep ends just before the final battle royal. So much awesomeness is about to break loose.

Somehow Irisviel's death was so quick it sort of caught me off guard, but then showing her at the end made sense, gonna love seeing the Kiritsugu's reaction when he sees the true form of the grail.

And I gotta say I love the relationship between waver and rider the most out of all the master/servant pairs in this series, it's just so...nice. We already know they aren't going to make it but they better definitely go out in style, an epic fight between Iskander's and Gilgamesh's strongest noble phantasms is what it's looking like.

Meanwhile, Berserker and Sabre are definitely going to fight (since their heroic spirits have their own history) and then finally the showdown between team Sabre and team Gilgamesh. So much stuff that needs to fit into the last couple eps. only 2 more eps left at this point?

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:43 am

yeah, exactly.
Team Rider GO!! GO!!
Now, I wish I hadn't seen Fate / Stay Night :(
ImageImage

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 pm

What an episode!! :up:
Spoiler :
The sadness flew through me when Rider rode with his horse away from his entire army falling into darkness.
But yeah, Rider and Archer are this serie's best heroic spirits. Not just because they have those awesome Phantasms but because of how they acted thorough the entire Zero series

Gilga isn't that big of a dick when he's not facing Saber whom I didn't really like in /Stay Night serie either. Well, Gilga's awesome the whole series but this episode really was special :)
Oh yeah and Berserker should bring back his demonic aura since now he looks kind of *meh*

Preview... Saber Rage coming up next
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 pm

RIIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!! :cry:
ibabrak wrote:What an episode!! :up:
Spoiler :
The sadness flew through me when Rider rode with his horse away from his entire army falling into darkness.
But yeah, Rider and Archer are this serie's best heroic spirits. Not just because they have those awesome Phantasms but because of how they acted thorough the entire Zero series

Gilga isn't that big of a dick when he's not facing Saber whom I didn't really like in /Stay Night serie either. Well, Gilga's awesome the whole series but this episode really was special :)
Oh yeah and Berserker should bring back his demonic aura since now he looks kind of *meh*

Preview... Saber Rage coming up next
Spoiler :
One of the reasons Gilgamesh was such a dick in Fate/Stay night is because (as is probably going to be shown in the next ep) when the grail is destroyed its contents (the accumulated evil of humanity) spills onto him, which would drive any normal person insane but because he has such a huge ego he manages to keep his sanity but becomes even more twisted and sadistic.

I do admit I loved the interaction between Gilgamesh and Rider in this last ep. Gilgamesh may be completely arrogant but he does have the dignity and pride of a king so he can appreciate the same spirit in Rider.

btw, GUNZERKER!!! I was all hyped up when I saw berserker opening up on Sabre with the sniper rifle and then the machine gun, damnit I loved his normal form, wish he hadn't taken off his helmet, I want to see more of him like he was in season one when he fought Sabre and Gilgamesh.

and when I saw Sabre throw the car at berserker the first thing to pop into my head was EX-CARBURETOR!

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Both of them, Gilga as well as Kiritsugu, are like
"Shut up Saber and do what I'm telling you to do" :awesome:
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 pm

OMG!!! godly ep right there
Spoiler :
The fight between kirie and Kiritsugu was sweet! some of the best action in the entire series and that's saying something (damn you Kirie, how could you turn into such a weakling in fate/stay night, why couldn't you just kill Shirou and end his annoying life there and then).

The scene in the grail was excellently done as well, really deep, goes a lot into what it means to help the many at the expense of the few. ARGH this series is almost over, damn it.

I really hope they remake tsukihime after this, either that or make a movie or OVA for the heaven's feel arc or fate/hollow ataraxia. So much cool stuff type/moon has done that should be done.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Is Emiya Kiritsugu gonna have to choke a bitch?

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Ep25 - Final
Expected much more from this ep but it was kinda a letdown.Definitely tied it up well with the beginning of Fate Stay Night but other than that, nothing...
I would like to see at least some sort of scene of Kiritsugu and Irisviel but alas...

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:31 am

It ended...

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Hmm, A number of inconsistencies, major and minor, from the Visual Novel:
Spoiler :
they completely negated the scene from Fate/Stay night that showed Sabre and Archer fighting before the city went up in flame (although since fate/zero was not actually part of the visual novel I could see that there would be differences.) It really did feel anticlimactic that there was no real final confrontation between them, in fact Sabre felt more like a side character in this series, if I had never seen anything related to this before I wouldn't have focused much on her.

Also, In fate/stay night Rin was Kirie's student and he gave her the knife as a present when she finally became an official mage, I guess they sped things up a bit to fit that part into this story.

Also, in fate/stay night they said that Kiritsugu was cursed by the grail after it was destroyed (the black mud stuff). I think Kirie actually did it, so that he suffered for the rest of his life, and it was its curse that eventually killed him, but that wasn't shown either. He actually died right after that last conversation with Shiro, I think that would have been a great scene to show him with Irisviel after he died.

I did get a laugh at seeing teenage Taiga running around with her kendo stick at the end, nice cameo.
Overall, it was a decent ending but again, a bit anticlimactic, still, overall this was definitely the best series I've seen in a while. Need moar type-moon stuff now (I think they got an Ilya series or OVA coming up). But they still got the Heaven's feel route from fate/stay night they can do, Fate/Ataraxia (sort of a continuation of fate/stay night) and Melty Blood (alternate type-moon world but still very awesome). They could also remake Tsukihime.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”