The Lip Flapper : Volume 21 - Ileia

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 21 - Ileia

Postby MimS » Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Am I the only one who works on his audio using his editing software? : o (which means Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 basically...)
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby ngsilver » Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 pm

For basic work the editor can be fine, but if you want to do advanced things it's better to use an NLE built for audio work. That's why adobe has Soundbooth? (I think that's their audio app) and why I use Audacity myself for audio work.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby MimS » Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Yeah for sure but I never needed a specific software for audio mix in my AMVs... seems strange to me, CS3 is enough but if you say so ._.
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby Ileia » Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

No, Mims, you're not alone, I do everything in the same program (Magix).
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby ibabrak » Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 pm

So do I.. sony vegas :)
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby gotegenks » Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm

ibabrak wrote:So do I.. sony vegas :)
gotegenks

Postby irriadin » Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 pm

I actually find Sony Vegas to be much easier to use than Audacity for audio editing. Probably not as robust, but it serves well.
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Haus Haberdasher » Thu May 31, 2012 2:39 pm

I've never even thought to try editing audio in Vegas. That's something to look into.
Banner made by Rider4Z
Haus Haberdasher

Postby [madaraxD] » Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm

irriadin wrote:I actually find Sony Vegas to be much easier to use than Audacity for audio editing. Probably not as robust, but it serves well.

:up:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby Kevmaster » Thu May 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Considering all the talk about audio editing I feel like throwing my 2 cents in. I dislike audio editing unless it serves another purpose than cutting out parts that seem to hard to suit in or having a shorter song to edit with. It's like running from a challenge to me.
And even putting that aside, I prefer my audio the way the artist intended. I'd feel guilty destroying the work of my favourite musicians. That's also the reason I actually took the time to edit an almost 8 Minute Video instead of cutting the song down to a length that seemed easier to edit through. It's matter of effort, imo.

An example of a good audio edit is the underwater-part of Ileias latest video The Quackening as it actually serves an entertaining purpose.

Always enjoyed her videos, liked reading the interview.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby Ileia » Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Kevmaster wrote:Considering all the talk about audio editing I feel like throwing my 2 cents in. I dislike audio editing unless it serves another purpose than cutting out parts that seem to hard to suit in or having a shorter song to edit with. It's like running from a challenge to me.
And even putting that aside, I prefer my audio the way the artist intended. I'd feel guilty destroying the work of my favourite musicians. That's also the reason I actually took the time to edit an almost 8 Minute Video instead of cutting the song down to a length that seemed easier to edit through. It's matter of effort, imo.

It's not about being "easier to edit", it's about the finished product. I have no qualms "destroying" audio if it means my video will turn out more like I imagined it. *shrug*
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Pwolf » Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Ileia wrote:It's not about being "easier to edit", it's about the finished product. I have no qualms "destroying" audio if it means my video will turn out more like I imagined it. *shrug*

Ditto. I edit the audio of pretty much every video I do. I usually do it because there's a part of the song that just doesn't work with what I want or I feel like it's too repetitive or the pacing isn't just right. Hell, I even made a song a minute longer because that's what I felted needed to be done :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby gotegenks » Thu May 31, 2012 10:54 pm

even if editing the audio is a cop out, as in editing a part you don't feel you can edit, as long as you don't butcher the song, it's usually better for the video if you cut those parts out than if you keep them in and force yourself to edit them no matter how little your source fits.
gotegenks

Postby Pwolf » Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 pm

gotegenks wrote:...as long as you don't butcher the song...

:up:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Hagaren Viper » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:43 am

Kevmaster wrote:And even putting that aside, I prefer my audio the way the artist intended. I'd feel guilty destroying the work of my favourite musicians. That's also the reason I actually took the time to edit an almost 8 Minute Video instead of cutting the song down to a length that seemed easier to edit through. It's matter of effort, imo.

You can turn that around though...since AMV editing is clipping down the work of artists/directors and what-have-you. |:>
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV