The Lip Flapper : Volume 21 - Ileia

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 21 - Ileia

Postby Castor Troy » Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 pm

CodeZTM wrote:My username is my real name and it's pronounced like EYE-LEE-UH. Don't forget or I'll get mad! (jk, I'm used to it, but I will correct you. :P ) My dad gave me my name, it's a mash-up between Lt Ilia from Star Trek and Princess Leia from Star Wars. It's pronounced like the former but spelled like the latter. [/color]

That.is.AWESOME. :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Rider4Z » Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 pm

needed moar pink.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby lloyd9988 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:12 pm

~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Do you know the ill-eh-uh ?
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby CodeZTM » Tue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

MimS wrote:Who'll be the next one? : o

I forgot to put that. XD

Next week will be a lovely "The Making of" segment, which will be highlighting Driftroot and the creation of the visual effects in "The Kingdom of LFS". Driftroot was kind enough to provide us with full color PDF files that are figured/marked/etc to highlight the discussion.

So yeah, it's a great new feature coming up next week. If people like it, I'd like to do another one.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby pacotacoshell » Wed May 30, 2012 1:23 am

Our editing process is pretty much the same, haha. Though I can't edit well with an anime I never watched before. >.> I find the clipping more of a chore than watching the anime.

Really awesome read! I've always loved Ileia's videos, even before I started editing. :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby Tonstar » Wed May 30, 2012 2:47 am

Awesome interview. And now, like many others, i can pronounce your name properly. Also cant wait for that Clannad AMV. Im a huge fan of Clannad/Afterstory and starting to become a fan of your work too.
Tonstar

Postby M'o'l » Wed May 30, 2012 7:08 am

:up: I liked reading this |:>
:dino:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie

Postby TritioAFB » Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm

That's curious because at sometimes I edit with animes I want to watch but haven't had the time to do it, so I edit them anyway, and I just use my intuition about scene selection
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby ngsilver » Wed May 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Good read once again. Glad to see TLF back interviewing peeps so I can keep my focus on what I enjoy doing, watching vids and trying to get others to watch them too.

If this is true, I apparently haven't been doing a good enough job at the getting people to watch vids part....
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby AimoAio » Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Good read.

Interesting read. 8-) Zomboleo is still my favourite from you but I really like your editing in general so keep making more of those awesome videos! :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Haus Haberdasher » Thu May 31, 2012 1:38 am

Interesting read.

CodeZTM wrote:Q: One thing that you do very well is audio manipulation. If your videos (Cyrus Virus, Synthetic Heroine and Zomboleo) are any indication, audio cuts or volume level adjustments sound incredibly natural and well timed. Where'd you learn how to do this, and what makes you enjoy using it?

Actually, I didn't edit anything in Zomboleo, that was the same edit from Odorikuruu. >_>

Anyway, I learned to do it from trial and error. Originally, I thought that you had to edit to the entire song, even if you didn't like it, which was really confining. Eventually I learned I'd make it easier on myself by editing out parts that didn't suit my needs. One of the earliest examples was for a video I made seven years ago called Date Rape. The song lyric's physical description of the character didn't match what character I'd chosen, so I edited it out......then the instrumental was longer than I had the patience to edit (my typical AMV back then was edited in roughly 3-5 hours), so I hacked that up, too. Now it's pretty much a given that I'll edit a song down. Videos like The Cyrus Virus are really just me fiddling with making the audio/video synch up in a more natural manner.

This is something I've been struggling with. When I edit audio I have a difficult time doing it in such a way that it doesn't sound like the song jumps at the edited part. Guess I just need to practice more.
Banner made by Rider4Z
Haus Haberdasher

Postby Ileia » Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 am

Haus Haberdasher wrote:Interesting read.

CodeZTM wrote:Q: One thing that you do very well is audio manipulation. If your videos (Cyrus Virus, Synthetic Heroine and Zomboleo) are any indication, audio cuts or volume level adjustments sound incredibly natural and well timed. Where'd you learn how to do this, and what makes you enjoy using it?

Actually, I didn't edit anything in Zomboleo, that was the same edit from Odorikuruu. >_>

Anyway, I learned to do it from trial and error. Originally, I thought that you had to edit to the entire song, even if you didn't like it, which was really confining. Eventually I learned I'd make it easier on myself by editing out parts that didn't suit my needs. One of the earliest examples was for a video I made seven years ago called Date Rape. The song lyric's physical description of the character didn't match what character I'd chosen, so I edited it out......then the instrumental was longer than I had the patience to edit (my typical AMV back then was edited in roughly 3-5 hours), so I hacked that up, too. Now it's pretty much a given that I'll edit a song down. Videos like The Cyrus Virus are really just me fiddling with making the audio/video synch up in a more natural manner.

This is something I've been struggling with. When I edit audio I have a difficult time doing it in such a way that it doesn't sound like the song jumps at the edited part. Guess I just need to practice more.

Yeah, practice is always good. If it helps you at all, I always try to find the parts of the song that are repeated and work from there, the chorus and instrumental parts are good for this. If I'm having trouble telling if my audio edit is noticeable, I turn my head away and play it. If I can correctly guess where it was edited, I know I need to keep working at it. If all else fails, I'll just fake it in a way that works with my video theme. For instance, a "glitch" works fine in a video about androids. :uhoh:
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby ibabrak » Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 am

awesome read :up:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Haus Haberdasher » Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 am

Ileia wrote:Yeah, practice is always good. If it helps you at all, I always try to find the parts of the song that are repeated and work from there, the chorus and instrumental parts are good for this. If I'm having trouble telling if my audio edit is noticeable, I turn my head away and play it. If I can correctly guess where it was edited, I know I need to keep working at it. If all else fails, I'll just fake it in a way that works with my video theme. For instance, a "glitch" works fine in a video about androids. :uhoh:

Which program do you use for audio editing (and if you don't mind me asking, how did you make the "glitch" effect)? I've been using Audacity, and I was able to distort the music for a couple of seconds at the jump on one song so that the changeover wasn't so abrupt, but for whatever reason I haven't been able to replicate that effect on any other song.
Banner made by Rider4Z
Haus Haberdasher

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV