AnimeNEXT 2012 AMV Contest (Winners Announced!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Melichan923
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2012 AMV Contest (Entries Closed)

Post by Melichan923 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Scintilla wrote:Trailer/Parody
MeliChan923

Drama
MeliChan923
<3! I was really hoping for my drama video to get in, so this is the best news for me! ^_^ My trailer vid getting in is an added bonus. I'm so happy! |:>
DriftRoot wrote:hehe, here we go again, Meli :mrgreen:

I wish they'd announce when the heck The Knights of Badassdom is going to premiere...the trailer came out in August and there's still no theater date, yet. For awhile I was worried my AMV would be way behind the game, but obviously that's not turning out to be an issue. :|
Hehe, yes. We are up against each other again! :) Geez, the theater date announcement still hasn't been made yet huh? It's been quite a while. I sure hope it's going to be out this summer. x.x
Image Image

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2012 AMV Contest (Finalists Announced)

Post by Scintilla » Tue May 29, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm pleased as punch to announce the AMV programming schedule for this year. As I said in my previous post, great rooms and great timeslots:

Friday
7:00-9:00 P.M.: Contest screening, Main Events B (DoubleTree ballroom)
10:00 P.M.-midnight: Contest screening, Video 1 (DoubleTree executive parlors)
10:00-11:30 P.M.: Friday overflow screening, Video 3 (DoubleTree executive parlors)

Saturday
10:00 A.M.-noon: Contest screening, Video 1 (DoubleTree executive parlors)
Noon-2:00 P.M.: Contest screening, Main Events B (DoubleTree ballroom)
4:00 P.M.: Deadline to get all AMV Contest ballots in to the Info Desk!
9:00-10:30 P.M.: Saturday overflow screening, Video 3 (DoubleTree executive parlors)

Saturday
Noon-2:00 P.M.: Contest encore screening, Video 1 (DoubleTree executive parlors)

IMPORTANT: In a departure from previous years, the winners of the AMV Contest will be announced and shown in Main Events at the tail end of the Masquerade seating, before the actual Masquerade begins (we expect to start playing them at 7:00 P.M. or a little later). If you've never been to AnimeNEXT before, I feel it only fair to warn you that the Masquerade fills to capacity every year -- so lining up early is advised to assure yourself of a seat.

I will devote a separate post to the playlists for the two overflow screenings.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue May 29, 2012 9:33 pm

The following are the playlists for the two noncompeting/overflow screenings, video titles only (for editors who wish to keep it a secret which videos are theirs). There are three videos that will be shown in both screenings, all three of which were sent by editors who indicated that they would be at the convention.

The playlists are mostly in alphabetical order by video title, with the only exceptions being the first video of each screening; these were intentionally picked to be videos that have long sections with quiet audio at the beginning, so that the staff running the screenings may adjust the volume accordingly. Thankfully, this arrangement does not result in any stretches with too much of any one animé. Also thankfully, no two noncompeting/overflow videos have the same name.

Friday

Age of Man
A Bit of Nichijou
Big Time High
Buried Deep Inside
Days of Bliss
Die For You
Fly By Night Sailor Moon
FULLMETAL’S BACK
Furinkan Stalker
Growing Up Goes Slow
Ippo in the Jungle
Little Cream Soda
Lum's New Love Song
Matchmaker
Minori's Ghost
Never Forget
Nobody Here Is Perfectly Fine
Our Trials And Errors
Sky High
The End of My World
The Voice of a Kawaii Generation
The Way
To Let Me Love You
To the Sky

Saturday

American Psycho
A Bit of Nichijou
Alive in the School of the Dead
Bleach Ichi Ruki Daydream
Cornered
Echo
Fly By Night Sailor Moon
Hallucination
Here and Now
Heroes of Fairy Tail
Higher Judgement: or How I Learned To Stop Worrying & Love This Monotonous Cycle
Illusion
Last Bullet
Life in Ikebukuro
Matchmaker
Ninja Nonsense -Ninja Rap-
Party Rock Anime
Steins;Gate – Shot in the Dark
The Flower We Saw Round Here
The Hangover
The True Nature of the Mushi
This is War
Torn

And that should be all from me until the convention proper (except, of course, to answer any questions you all may have).
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed May 30, 2012 7:30 am

Wow, 5 showings!?! Is this some sort of apology for sticking you in a much smaller room, or are you just that awesome at working the people that schedule programming?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed May 30, 2012 3:17 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Wow, 5 showings!?! Is this some sort of apology for sticking you in a much smaller room, or are you just that awesome at working the people that schedule programming?
8-) As I said in the OP, the rest of the staff has been actively working with us all year to make sure AMVs get their proper representation -- the con chair himself pledged that what happened last year would never happen again. We've actually had these time slots set for a few months, but of course I couldn't say anything about it until the schedule was close to finalized.

And Main Events B is two-thirds of the DoubleTree ballroom, seating about 500 and not having the acoustics issues that Main Events would have (concrete and curtains); far from being "much smaller", it's the space I've been wanting to see this contest in since we moved to the current venue in 2009. |:>
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed May 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Scintilla wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Wow, 5 showings!?! Is this some sort of apology for sticking you in a much smaller room, or are you just that awesome at working the people that schedule programming?
8-) As I said in the OP, the rest of the staff has been actively working with us all year to make sure AMVs get their proper representation -- the con chair himself pledged that what happened last year would never happen again. We've actually had these time slots set for a few months, but of course I couldn't say anything about it until the schedule was close to finalized.

And Main Events B is two-thirds of the DoubleTree ballroom, seating about 500 and not having the acoustics issues that Main Events would have (concrete and curtains); far from being "much smaller", it's the space I've been wanting to see this contest in since we moved to the current venue in 2009. |:>
I'm not familiar with the venue or the size of the con to be honest (and according to animecons.com your attendance hasn't been reported in a press release since you moved to the new place) - 500 was what we pulled for our main stage at AAC when we were under 2000 people. That's a damn fine number. :lol:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'm not familiar with the venue or the size of the con to be honest (and according to animecons.com your attendance hasn't been reported in a press release since you moved to the new place) - 500 was what we pulled for our main stage at AAC when we were under 2000 people. That's a damn fine number. :lol:
Our main stage can seat somewhere around 1,300 people (and considering that our attendance level is over 8,000, it's never nearly enough for the Masquerade), but we would prefer not to use that space until we know we can fill the ballroom first. Besides the aforementioned poor acoustics, we wouldn't be able to get the best timeslots -- the big concert always gets Friday night, etc.
ImageImage

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Thu May 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Noon-2:00 P.M.: Contest screening, Main Events B (DoubleTree ballroom)
I'm guessing thats the time when the finalist videos will be screened? Just wondering because I have a friend whos going, friend might get a chance to record my video being screened.
Saturday seems like the biggest seating?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 pm

xDreww wrote:Noon-2:00 P.M.: Contest screening, Main Events B (DoubleTree ballroom)
I'm guessing thats the time when the finalist videos will be screened?
That is one of the four, yes. Every contest screening will be the same set of 35 finalists, but the two in Main Events B can seat a bigger audience.
xDreww wrote:Saturday seems like the biggest seating?
At the moment, I don't know whether to expect a bigger crowd for that one or for the Friday night prime time slot. It's been a while since the AMV contest has been shown at those times, so I don't have the experience of past years to go by.

Once the rest of the schedule is publicly released, I can say what other events are playing against each of those, and we can take our speculation from there. :)
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Cannot post the full winners list right now, but:

If you won and are here at the con, please go to Con Ops in the GSEC to claim your prize and certificate. Thank you.
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”