Round 2 - Submitted Videos [34/34]

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: Round 2 - Submitted Videos [34/34]

Post by Kimberly » Sat May 26, 2012 12:39 am

xDreww wrote:Hey quick question! Random..but I kind of need help on this.
When I try to watch the videos..it lags SO BAD for me. Reason why it's because the link it's sending me to watch the videos on quicktime I believe? A quicktime mediaplayer. Is there any kind of new coding or update I have to download so It wont lag when I watch, without me having to download each video?
Hi Drew (: It lags for me too when I try to watch the videos on the site, so I think the only option left is to download them :/ Though, some of the vids might already be on YT. You can try to search em, I know a few are already up.
ImageImage

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sat May 26, 2012 12:50 am

Kimberly wrote:
When I try to watch the videos..it lags SO BAD for me. Reason why it's because the link it's sending me to watch the videos on quicktime I believe? A quicktime mediaplayer. Is there any kind of new coding or update I have to download so It wont lag when I watch, without me having to download each video?
Hi Drew (: It lags for me too when I try to watch the videos on the site, so I think the only option left is to download them :/ Though, some of the vids might already be on YT. You can try to search em, I know a few are already up.
Thanks. Kind of busy to search them all though. No time at all for that. I just wanted to be able to click on them, and watch it right away, like how you would watch it on an org preview type thing. But if it lags for you too then sucks. Reason qhy quicktime player sucks balls. Should play them in another.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat May 26, 2012 1:40 am

What's the matter with downloading them? : o

Before watching a vid, you launch a DL, then once you're done you cancel or keep the vid, launch another DL and watch the vid DLed just before... Unless your connection sucks?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat May 26, 2012 7:58 am

xDreww wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
It's this amazing thing called "right-click -> Save As" It works amazingly.
hmm..like I said..is there anything I have to do WITHOUT having me to download each video.
Don't try to be a smart ass dick about it. Wow.
you don't seem to know how the internet works. What you're doing right now is downloading the whole video to a temporary cache, watching it, then deleting it. Why go through all that work without giving yourself the option of keeping the file afterwards?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat May 26, 2012 8:14 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
xDreww wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote: It's this amazing thing called "right-click -> Save As" It works amazingly.
hmm..like I said..is there anything I have to do WITHOUT having me to download each video.
Don't try to be a smart ass dick about it. Wow.
you don't seem to know how the internet works. What you're doing right now is downloading the whole video to a temporary cache, watching it, then deleting it. Why go through all that work without giving yourself the option of keeping the file afterwards?
I thought the internet was a series of tubes?

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 am

I COULD download all 34 videos, but like I said. No time for that. Thats why I'm kindly asking why does watching the videos on quicktime lag so bad, and if theres some reason for that.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 am

xDreww wrote:I COULD download all 34 videos, but like I said. No time for that. Thats why I'm kindly asking why does watching the videos on quicktime lag so bad, and if theres some reason for that.

I don't think you get what Bashar is saying...you're basically downloading them anyways but only in a temporary fashion. You could just download them, it would take just about the same amount of time and then just delete them if you don't want to keep the video. No more lag issues.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat May 26, 2012 8:32 am

xDreww wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
Thanks. Kind of busy to search them all though. No time at all for that. I just wanted to be able to click on them, and watch it right away, like how you would watch it on an org preview type thing. But if it lags for you too then sucks. Reason qhy quicktime player sucks balls. Should play them in another.
Sorry about that. The hosting I got was a last minute decision, so I haven't had time to implement any fancy preview features. Maybe next year. :sweat:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”