Bunch o’ Suggestions

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Bunch o’ Suggestions

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:30 am

First of all, I like to thank Phade for all the site improvements, great work.

This post is coming at a strange time, because I’m sure Phade is overwhelmed at the moment to introduce any changes. (considering even the ‘to do’ list is not updated for months now), so while I’m pretty sure not much will come out of this, WTH, maybe it’s worth discussing.

#1 Move the most opinionated videos list to the member’s page (bunched along with other top lists like most watched anime) AND increase the number to like the top 50-100 opinionated videos. (Noticed that the top 10 haven’t really changed much since it began, because people just by tend to review those on the list, further aggravating the permanence of the list). In general, some of the list could do with some expanding, from like top 30 to like top 50 or even top 100 since the number of videos here have greatly increased since those list started.

#2 Related to #1, introduce a new list – most hardworking reviewer (Score = # op X usefulness) AND/OR most useful replier (score = avg words in their review replies) in place of where the most opinionated list is perhaps. (I think this has been asked before in one way or another by others)

#3 If there are complications in implementing the ‘video of the week’, maybe you can appoint some ‘appointed site reviewers’ who review videos regularly (and like have over 200 opinions given already), to submit a short write up of selected videos and feature them on the site – and there shouldn’t be a limit to the # of vids per week. The more the better.

#4 Introduce a ‘Creator of the week’ as well, post some interview questions to a creator to fill in via e-mail. (like how RVP does it for example). Pretty simple to implement really. (Gotta start a separate tread for question brainstorming though, if this gets green lighted)

Q: Should people be choosing their own videos as their ‘Favorite Anime Music Videos’ list?

Also I’m pretty sure a search on the Top 10% has been asked before.....so I won’t. :P

Please reference the correct # when discussing about it.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:08 am

For the most part I agree with your suggestions, they would all be usefull save for two.

Video of the week would be odd with some reviewers because then you basically you have an open forum contest continulally judged that would have problems for submissions in either case (due to consent).

And as for "Creator of the Week." I just feel it is a little personal to deal with the creator himself instead of videos and would be difficult to select one on that personal a basis. Because then it just becomes a popularity contest.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:33 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Video of the week would be odd with some reviewers because then you basically you have an open forum contest continulally judged that would have problems for submissions in either case (due to consent).

And as for "Creator of the Week." I just feel it is a little personal to deal with the creator himself instead of videos and would be difficult to select one on that personal a basis. Because then it just becomes a popularity contest.
So True WK!!! :)
ImageImage

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”