Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group F & H Results]

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group C Results]

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:55 am

Copycat Revolver has the most epic pic out of them all xD

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Sun May 20, 2012 9:18 am

Shin-AMV wrote:Yay! go Summer! |:>
:'DDDD
Congrats to all~! ^w^
I can't wait to see what we come up with for next round~ xDD
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 pm

congrats, hayden. :amv:

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Congrats everyone in Group C! |:>
The videos were all awesome!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon May 21, 2012 8:29 am

The judges hit on just about every point of my video that I'm unhappy with, so it's expected that I didn't move on. Grats to the winners.

Now that the results are in I'll embellish a little more on what happened with my video. At first I had this really awesome idea for a fun innuendo video (similar to Addy's but without the *BAM*) using Sailor Moon SuperS, so I set out to encode my footage, which starting the encode Wednesday night took until early Sunday morning to finish. So I spent the few days working on planning out the video and grabbing still images and things that I would be using. Fast forward to Sunday, I start working on browsing the source and I get half way through the episodes I had and found very little usable footage for what I was wanting to do. Went to bed then. Monday I worked and when I got home I had a Migraine so I layed down to get rid of it, was only suppose to be down for a few hours, had set an alarm to make sure. Turns out alarms don't help when you're already drained for lack of sleep and a busy day at the office and not having eaten dinner yet, so I apparently shut off the alarm in my sleep and slept through till I had to getup for work Tues morning. So again, I go to work, and when I get home I start hitting the timeline hard. It was about 7pm that I realized that I was not going to be able to pull off 2 mins with my footage, so I went to plan B, grabbed Photon because it was already ripped on my PC from an IC last year, and started scrubbing. Around 8pm I realized that Photon didn't have anything I could work with either.

Well shit... on to plan C I guess. Went to my old mainstay that I keep on my PC for future use, Cyber Formula. I remembered that there is some great relationship scenes between Hayato and Asuka in the OVA Zero, so I tossed it on the timeline, said screw cleaning up the footage pre-editing, and ran with AVS scripts because converting to UTVideo was out of the question. Started work and about 2am I started the export as I finally finished at least 2 mins worth of video. I wasn't completely happy with it, but it was the best that I was going to be able to do since I had to get some sleep or else I'd be loopy for my meetings at work the next day. Did some basic cleanup of the footage to make it look somewhat passable, exported, converted, uploaded, and called it a day.

So yeah, I wasn't expecting a video that I only spent 6 hours working on out of the 1 week available to actually win, but I'm proud I was able to get that much out. Considering I haven't really edited a video in about a year I wasn't sure I still had it in me. I kind of like the current incarnation of the video so I think I'll probably spend some time to actually finish it to something that I'm happy with. And as much as I really don't like the song, I think I may just take some time and work on my original idea as well, using different episodes from SM, and actually go as far into the H arena as I really want to but wouldn't have been able to do for this competition.

Either way, congrats to the winners, good luck in the next rounds.
ImageImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group E Results]

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Results for Group E R1 are up!

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu May 24, 2012 7:03 pm

I don't really agree with some of the choices, but congrats to everyone anyways! :up:

Sage
Org Profile

Post by Sage » Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:I don't really agree with some of the choices, but congrats to everyone anyways! :up:
Seconded. Congrats to those who passed :up:

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Good job all in group E~!
And a special hug to my friends in that group <3
Great job, guys ^w^
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile