Round 2 - Submitted Videos [34/34]

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Round 2 - Submitted Videos [34/34]

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed May 23, 2012 6:28 pm

CodeZTM wrote:As much as I'd love to do a review thing like Aimo's doing, I'm really not comfortable posting my thoughts on the videos (since I kind of know who you all are :uhoh: ), and that's kind of unfair, and I might slip up and reveal someone by accident.

As such, I'll post my thoughts AFTER the round is over when you announce them in the forums. Or you could just PM/Skype me to death. Either way works. |:>
Maybe you can throw them in the judges' comments thing instead. Only if you get them finished in time though. :sweat:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
SilverFreedoms wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:I love how everytime there is a new post in here a swarm of people show up to see if someone said something about their video. It is providing me with many, many lulz. :awesome:
What makes you say that ?

Because every time there is a post a ton of editors who are in the contest show up and then quickly disappear. Take into account the fact that people like their ego's stroked and it adds up. I was just saying that it amuses me because it'll go from 0 to 10 and I just imagine a bunch of people at their computers all excited, then when they see it has nothing to do with them, they sad face and slowly walk away.
Oh yes I love my ego stroked so rough. But man I hate getting editor blue balls.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

My faves this round:

Video 15 - Very slick editing and good portrayal of the story. But it's so short. :(
Video 27 - Really liked the concept for this one. The transitions between the manga and anime were a great touch. I wish there was more of those transitions, but overall this vid was my favorite of the round.

A good round for videos. Nice work to all!

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Wed May 23, 2012 11:28 pm

One day down, one day to go :awesome: =(
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Thu May 24, 2012 12:32 am

Aye, the wait for the judging is the hardest part.
Image Image

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Thu May 24, 2012 1:48 am

Oh also, something that made me laugh a lot yesterday

Me to Kain :

"Lol vid 10, the one who made this is a pervert"
Kain : "Yeah...
Must be Kosmit"

:rofl:

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 am

I can almost guarantee I know who made video 33. :uhoh:

And if I am right, then this person is on fire and needs to be stopped! :asd:
Awesome video btw.

Video 10 :ying:

Video 30 :rofl:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu May 24, 2012 6:41 am

I wonder how many of you were actually waiting on my comments for the second half of the videos yesterday. :uhoh: If you were I'm sorry, I was going to post it last night but I was so tired and I had to go to work today so I went to sleep early. But I decided to get up nice and early today instead to post this before work. :awesome:

Video 18:
Spoiler :
I love these types. *o* they have such a lovely upbeat and happy mood to them that lightens the atmosphere instantly. Normally I dislike such random scene selection but mood wise, it's very good for this type of video so I can't really dislike it because it's just too cheery. The tv sim could have been integrated a little bit better plus the M@D style in the middle is kinda strange. It's nice...but doesn't blend very well with the rest.
Video 19:
Spoiler :
Your description is right on target. This one is so heartwarming and lovely. ;__; D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Sorry couldn't resist.
Video 20:
Spoiler :
Such shiny quality! And the colouring is nice. But a bit more sync would have been nice especially cause some scenes felt too long. Couple of cool mask transitions in there though.
Video 21:
Spoiler :
This one is good stuff. Also the end = :up:
Video 22:
Spoiler :
Dear lord, someone save this poor guy from his misery! D: Also one eyed monsters, y u so creepy? ;__;
Zombie cat...WHERE IS ZOMBIE CAT? I DEMAND ZOMBIE CAT NOW. >D
Video 23:
Spoiler :
I'm not big on old sources but this one is really well done. So dark...
Video 24:
Spoiler :
Generally pretty nice. Would have liked a little more variety on the transition side though because SE has some really neat scenes that would look great as a mask. Story's pretty well conveyed and the pacing is solid.
Video 25:
Spoiler :
Yeah I get the idea. Editing's nice too but I kinda can't find anything outstanding about it.
Video 26:
Spoiler :
Omg another upbeat type one. *o* Me like. But that editing....the masks...the transitions...the style of cutting and sync all point me to a certain editor. Such a distinct style. xD
Video 27:
Spoiler :
This one was risky. The idea of using both manga and anime is great and works well to give the concept but it was also dangerous if it didn't blend together. Most of the scans worked out just fine but there were a few that I felt didn't really had a place in the video. But overall I liked it. :D
Video 28:
Spoiler :
HAHAHAHA! This one is brilliant! I love the ? after The Libra. LOL. Really good comedic moments in this with a very lighthearted nice atmosphere and pacing.
Video 29:
Spoiler :
Ohhh a pang of nostalgia when I saw that Jigglypuff scene, I even remember watching it on TV when I was a kid! xD So I'll forgive the lovely Muk-like quality. xD Editing, sync and pacing all pretty decent in this.
Video 30:
Spoiler :
ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHAHA! :rofl: This one is so....MAGIKEWL! :up: XDDD Yes I found this highly amusing to watch. Thank you for providing me with the comedy. :up:
Video 31:
Spoiler :
Nifty editing in this one. :up: Very nice flow and mood.
Video 32:
Spoiler :
Is this supposed to be 0:58 long? D: I think it sounds about right from your description. The concept starts off nicely but yeah, the abrupt ending kinda doesn't do much. Can't say much about an incomplete video.
Video 33:
Spoiler :
DAYMAN. Dude what is this. It's freaking awesome! :awesome: !!! Lipsync was epicly hilarious and you used my favourite character from the show! Infact, I never even knew there were so many scenes of Mami! I must seriously go back and hunt down these scenes. And the NIGHTMAN. Haha! Homura fits this role excellently! Absolutely gorgeous sync and superb editing overall. Dang, it's just so good I don't know what words I should use to describe it. Whoever edited this, let me love you for making such awesomeness with a show I do not like. <3 <3 <3
Poor madoka at the end. LULZ. :rofl:
Video 34:
Spoiler :
My favourite Kelly Clarkson song. ;__; <3

Normal opinion: I can see the idea and what you were trying to show. Editing is ok.
Personal opinion (is biased): I really didn't like how it was multianime though, this song works best with a focus on a single pairing in my opinion and from what I've seen from the editing, it seems like .hack fits more than the other animes you used. (Even though I've never played/seen .hack) Otherwise I just can't really feel the connection between song and editing.

But oh my god, 1:09-1:14 was so beautiful, I felt like I was going to have tears in my eyes. ;__; The ending was pretty gorgeous too. <3
Personal favourites: 19, 22, 33

It makes me happy when I see people take competitions seriously, the quality of work keeps rising and sparking innovative ideas that makes the competition fun to follow! Keep up the good work ya'll! :up: I can't wait to see what videos will be in round 3! ^^
Spoiler :
Videos in which I can recognize the editors: 5 (could be wrong :awesome:)

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Thu May 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Rendakor wrote:Aye, the wait for the judging is the hardest part.
Quoting for truth
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:11 pm

So as seeing that there were 9 drops this Round.
Are only 3 people getting eliminated this Round then?
Just curious. :sweat:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”