First AMV I made for Akira (Bike Chase/Manson)

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

JGMurakami
Org Profile

First AMV I made for Akira (Bike Chase/Manson)

Post by JGMurakami » Wed May 23, 2012 9:55 pm

I made this back in '90-whatever with CD player and VHS. Finally able to piece them together. These sorts of AMVs have been a project in the back realms of my head since I decided to get back into the anime cult.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 7042762386
An eclipse, in this region of our galaxy, is an intermediate Black Hole.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Re: First AMV I made for Akira (Bike Chase/Manson)

Post by Rendakor » Fri May 25, 2012 1:59 am

Couple points: this is the Opinion Exchange forum, where you offer to post opinions on others' videos in exchange for feedback on your own. A thread where you're just showing off your own video belongs in the AMV Announcments forum. Also, vids posted in both Op Ex and Announce should have an entry in the Org database (Start here), and not just a link to FB or YT. These same points apply to your other thread in this forum; consider starting one thread in Announce after creating an entry for both videos in the Org (and ideally uploading them here; few people are going to go on Facebook to watch an AMV).
Image Image

JGMurakami
Org Profile

Post by JGMurakami » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:33 am

They were posted in the org. [Kariudo: Inflammatory remark redacted]

JGMurakami
Org Profile

Post by JGMurakami » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 am

Couple points: The entries were entered before the links to the files were posted. [Kariudo: Inflammatory remark redacted]

Try asking some people that are not your close, personal friends for input on your artwork and THEN go to the "cult". [Kariudo: Inflammatory remark redacted]

Further, what ever happened to emailing a mate and asking for the file?

This is from the thread where I linked to the batch that I created in the same month of writing: "I am in a rural location, so Facebook was the best I could do with uploads. It takes 2-3 hours to upload one video of this video quality."

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Whoa there...no need to go biting people's heads off.

Rendakor is correct in saying that your two threads are better suited for AMV Announcements. Yes, I see your AMVs are entered into the catalog, but not posting a link to the catalog entry is going to make people assume that it isn't entered in the catalog.

I'll lock this thread, as well as your other ones here in Op Ex, instead of moving them to AMV Announcements. Please feel free to make a thread over in AMV Announcements. If you do, remember to lump all your videos into one thread, or make a new thread each week. Also, using the vidid tags here will help.

Return to “Works in Progress”