Round 2 - Submitted Videos [34/34]

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Round 2 - Submitted Videos [34/34]

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Hahaha, whoever made 33 is even more of a king.

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Why am I stuck at work?! I want to watch all these vids now.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed May 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Kisanzi wrote:Why am I stuck at work?! I want to watch all these vids now.

You're not allowed to watch them all until I get home so I can watch them with you! >:|

Also, don't forget to pick up the moving boxes from your mom!

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 pm

My picks for this round :

Video 2 : the concept is pretty funny and it was a crazy idea to edit CSS knowing the theme is based on this anime and well, seems like it wasn't a problem at all for the editor

Video 5 : Interesting and hard concept, to choose the flower card isn't an easy stuff either here
Too bad the video quality is bad

Video 6 : Same comment as previous one, just the concept changes haha

Video 15 : Refers to my previous post

Video 22 : Well edited.

Video 26 : Same but it was an "easy" vid, I mean to choose the song when we make AMVs isn't really a challenge... And well, it's not like fights are rare in AMVS either :/

Video 33 : OK, best vid of this round SO FAR
"Whoever made this is a king" for sure. Too bad some parts are way too slow, please editor who made this one, rework these parts and it'll be perfect *_*
Last edited by MimS on Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Video 1:
Spoiler :
Hmm...this was alright. Some nice use of colouring, editing was ok, quality was ok. I wouldn't have got your intended concept if I didn't read your comment though, cause I've seen the show and it's hard to visualize Natsu as a summon haha.
Video 2:
Spoiler :
Absolutely loved this. Great pacing, great editing and a great idea that was simple and to the point. :up:
Video 3:
Spoiler :
I think I vaguely understood this one. Could be better but as it stands, not bad.
Video 4:
Spoiler :
Haha at first when it randomly switched songs and animes I was like "dafuq?" then I got it after seeing the ending. Unique idea in this one, quality is a bit meh though.
Video 5:
Spoiler :
This started off so nice and happy and ended so tragically ;__; At first I didn't know why you had to show the card because it was kinda obvious to see but I suppose it does add to the concept in case someone didn't get it.
Video 6:
Spoiler :
Oooo very interesting one. Subtle showing of the card haha. The book pulling out scene felt very very long though.
Video 7:
Spoiler :
Good song and anime choice. Very well edited and had a lovely dark mood to it.
Video 8:
Spoiler :
Not bad. But blendy frames makes me sad. And it doesn't stand out in particular.
Video 9:
Spoiler :
This one was most impressive. Fantastic concept and very well conveyed. Audio cut was a little awkward because I love this song and have heard it bajillions of times. I do think the mood in some sections could have been better especially the section at 1:27-1:39ish would have fitted nicer with some softer crossfades than hard cuts and addition of some colouring/blurring would emphasize the feeling more - but then this is my personal opinion since it's my favourite section of the song so it's natural I'd see it differently. Also at 2:05 the beat sync could have been tightened. But asides from those minor points, the rest of it is simply brilliant. My favourite so far. <3
Video 10:
Spoiler :
I don't know how to write comments for these. :uhoh:
Video 11:
Spoiler :
The most unique entry I've seen so far for this round. In terms of editing and quality, video 2,7 & 9 were better but the concept of this is very original and very refreshing. The use of both audio editing and the visual colours to emphasize your concept makes this one stand out nicely. I do think adding the cards themselves was a bit of a risky decision considering they seem sort of out of place and the cards you use will be listed in the description anyway but it does make the idea in the video much clearer with it. Nice, I enjoyed this one. ^^
Video 12:
Spoiler :
D'aww. This one is very pretty, almost with a sort of ephemeral feeling. But it's also very slow at some parts with scenes that felt a little draggy. And gah! Awkward song end fade out. Still pretty neat though.
Video 13:
Spoiler :
Good idea of integrating voiceovers with the song but the background music of the voices clashes horribly with the original music and often ends up overshadowing the music making the mood difficult to get into. Some nice scenes here and there, editing was ok - cuts felt kinda weird with some of the quick short crosssfades and the masks didn't quite blend very well either but it was interesting to watch nonetheless.
Video 14:
Spoiler :
Hmm felt kinda like a generic EF video....though after rewatching I can vaguely see what you were trying to get at but it's not very clear. Editing's not bad though but the fade sync at the start felt kinda forced.
Video 15:
Spoiler :
Wow this one is.....excellent. My only nitpick is that some areas could do with more sync/fx but honestly, as it is just now it's really good. Also bonus points for using Steins;Gate. I love SG AMVs. :asd:
Video 16:
Spoiler :
The editing is really nifty in this. Clear concept, good pacing and interesting use of black and white for the whole video. While normally this is off-putting, it fits extremely well with the mood of the song and blends very well with the footage.
Video 17:
Spoiler :
Another really great one in showing the concept for a difficult source. The voiceover at the start really aided in understanding the idea of her going back continuously in time. Editing was nice too.
Personal favourites so far: 2,9 and 15.

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Wed May 23, 2012 1:47 pm

AimoAio wrote:Video 1:
Spoiler :
Hmm...this was alright. Some nice use of colouring, editing was ok, quality was ok. I wouldn't have got your intended concept if I didn't read your comment though, cause I've seen the show and it's hard to visualize Natsu as a summon haha.
Video 2:
Spoiler :
Absolutely loved this. Great pacing, great editing and a great idea that was simple and to the point. :up:
Video 3:
Spoiler :
I think I vaguely understood this one. Could be better but as it stands, not bad.
Video 4:
Spoiler :
Haha at first when it randomly switched songs and animes I was like "dafuq?" then I got it after seeing the ending. Unique idea in this one, quality is a bit meh though.
Video 5:
Spoiler :
This started off so nice and happy and ended so tragically ;__; At first I didn't know why you had to show the card because it was kinda obvious to see but I suppose it does add to the concept in case someone didn't get it.
Video 6:
Spoiler :
Oooo very interesting one. Subtle showing of the card haha. The book pulling out scene felt very very long though.
Video 7:
Spoiler :
Good song and anime choice. Very well edited and had a lovely dark mood to it.
Video 8:
Spoiler :
Not bad. But blendy frames makes me sad. And it doesn't stand out in particular.
Video 9:
Spoiler :
This one was most impressive. Fantastic concept and very well conveyed. Audio cut was a little awkward because I love this song and have heard it bajillions of times. I do think the mood in some sections could have been better especially the section at 1:27-1:39ish would have fitted nicer with some softer crossfades than hard cuts and addition of some colouring/blurring would emphasize the feeling more - but then this is my personal opinion since it's my favourite section of the song so it's natural I'd see it differently. Also at 2:05 the beat sync could have been tightened. But asides from those minor points, the rest of it is simply brilliant. My favourite so far. <3
Video 10:
Spoiler :
I don't know how to write comments for these. :uhoh:
Video 11:
Spoiler :
The most unique entry I've seen so far for this round. In terms of editing and quality, video 2,7 & 9 were better but the concept of this is very original and very refreshing. The use of both audio editing and the visual colours to emphasize your concept makes this one stand out nicely. I do think adding the cards themselves was a bit of a risky decision considering they seem sort of out of place and the cards you use will be listed in the description anyway but it does make the idea in the video much clearer with it. Nice, I enjoyed this one. ^^
Video 12:
Spoiler :
D'aww. This one is very pretty, almost with a sort of ephemeral feeling. But it's also very slow at some parts with scenes that felt a little draggy. And gah! Awkward song end fade out. Still pretty neat though.
Video 13:
Spoiler :
Good idea of integrating voiceovers with the song but the background music of the voices clashes horribly with the original music and often ends up overshadowing the music making the mood difficult to get into. Some nice scenes here and there, editing was ok - cuts felt kinda weird with some of the quick short crosssfades and the masks didn't quite blend very well either but it was interesting to watch nonetheless.
Video 14:
Spoiler :
Hmm felt kinda like a generic EF video....though after rewatching I can vaguely see what you were trying to get at but it's not very clear. Editing's not bad though but the fade sync at the start felt kinda forced.
Video 15:
Spoiler :
Wow this one is.....excellent. My only nitpick is that some areas could do with more sync/fx but honestly, as it is just now it's really good. Also bonus points for using Steins;Gate. I love SG AMVs. :asd:
Video 16:
Spoiler :
The editing is really nifty in this. Clear concept, good pacing and interesting use of black and white for the whole video. While normally this is off-putting, it fits extremely well with the mood of the song and blends very well with the footage.
Video 17:
Spoiler :
Another really great one in showing the concept for a difficult source. The voiceover at the start really aided in understanding the idea of her going back continuously in time. Editing was nice too.
Personal favourites so far: 2,9 and 15.
I was hoping you would appear, your analysis of all the amv's is quite useful
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Round 2 - Submitted Videos [12/43]

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed May 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:I suppose I prefer seeing the theme conveyed via creativity as opposed to just showing the card?
I agree. Some of the videos threw them in there for no reason as an intro. Some look cool in the video, but it doesn't need to be there at all. I think it would have been cooler to leave it to interpretation as to how the card you chose fit, instead of throwing it in our face as a reminder. >.> Either way, though, it wasn't a big problem for me.

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Wed May 23, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't think it matters if people threw the cards in or not X3 In the video description on the first page tells you what card they choose X3

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Replay Studios wrote:I don't think it matters if people threw the cards in or not X3 In the video description on the first page tells you what card they choose X3
and that too! xD I think some people thought it was necessary instead of just using it because they wanted to.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed May 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Video 30 :rofl:
ImageImage

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”