The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DriftRoot
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Post by DriftRoot » Tue May 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Heh...well, whatever opinions people have about whatever it is being hashed out here, it actually warms my heart a little to see the .Org still has what it takes to fuel an eight-page-and-counting thread filled with a lot of passion for AMVing.

Yeah... :uhoh: Can't we all just get along? We all love AMVs, otherwise we wouldn't BE here having this discussion in the first place. Do any of us really need to prove that OUR reason for loving them is fundamentally better than someone ELSE'S reason? We all love the same thing - AMVs - and there are a LOT of things to love ABOUT them!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

DriftRoot wrote:Do any of us really need to prove that OUR reason for loving them is fundamentally better than someone ELSE'S reason?

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue May 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:Do any of us really need to prove that OUR reason for loving them is fundamentally better than someone ELSE'S reason?
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://newonmyplaylist.com/wp-content/u ... anging.gif
And just to be clear, that was a question I didn't want answered by anyone other than Beavis and Butthead rocking out. So thank you for that. :awesome:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Turn that question around. If we don't have these passionate threads that show that people are passionate and involved we get the "the sky is falling org is dying" threads that point to a lack of activity. Damn fine catch-22.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 pm

what can you do, you know. everyone has their own opinion. the problem with that is we think there's something wrong with everyone not all agreeing. the drama would disappear if we could simply accept that we're all different and edit for our own reasons. nobody's right and nobody's wrong. we're just different.
DriftRoot wrote:And just to be clear, that was a question I didn't want answered by anyone other than Beavis and Butthead rocking out. So thank you for that. :awesome:
:up:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed May 23, 2012 11:36 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Turn that question around. If we don't have these passionate threads that show that people are passionate and involved we get the "the sky is falling org is dying" threads that point to a lack of activity. Damn fine catch-22.
Yes, hence what I said about this thread warming my heart. ^_^ <3

Pikachew
Org Profile

Post by Pikachew » Thu May 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Holy f*ck.

Holy mother of Jeebus this is a long interview thread.

But after reading through most of it (pssh, like I'ma read all of that XD), I feel it's time that I laid my two cents out on the table.

First off, Chii- great interview. I love what you have to say. I've always been a fan of your videos and style because of the simple fact that I can see what you like (which is awesum animes with kick*ss titles and a strong sense of iknorite). I can't say I 100% agree on everything you said because there's always that small difference in opinions, but I can definitely I say I respect what you had to say.

I view AMV's as a sort of artistic expression, but I feel like it's not just about the whole "art" concept. It's a hybrid- it's expressing your love for the show, love for the music in a way that it entices others to appreciate it, too. When I watch AMV's, I don't solely think about "Omg this clip should've been here," or "this fade shouldn't be there omg how random" (LOL). I watch to appreciate the effort someone puts into their work, and to appreciate the anime and music itself. There are many editors/anime-fans who can disagree with me. Some people use anime as "stock footage" to make really deep emotional whatever sh*t, and others use anime to show how awesome the anime itself is or to showcase the overall feel/story/mood behind the anime. I can't tell you how many times watching an AMV has shown me the way to awesome anime- I know 'Attack of the Otaku' got me started on Haruhi, and Nostromo's 'ROS3' track got me started on Noein. The bottom line: There are so many different reasons people make AMV's- we're all human, and we all have different preferences. And if you aren't human...then where are you from because I'm curious :awesome:

Back on track, everyone is different. There are ways in which we are like all others, like some others, and like no others. I don't think the problem here are the differences in how we express what we like/dislike/etc. I think the problem here is that over time, people start to think of themselves as a "level above others", and thus try shoving opinions down people's throats. I can tell you that this is not what art, editing, drawing, or anything is about unless you want to be a dictator. There are skill differences, yes- some people can create really epic AMV's that combine footage from multiple anime's and make it look like an entirely new show. And then there are other videos that still have their subtitles and logos etc. But they're still AMV's. What we all have in common is that we have an anime, we have a song, and we put it together. We make videos. In that sense, no one is above anyone else. But people forget that and assume the role of telling others "your video sucks because this this and this." Constructive criticism is nice, but there's definitely a fine line where something is constructive, and where something is destructive.

I left the org in about 2008, and returned this year. Why did I leave? The same reasons Chii did- people became ass-tards and you know, tbh, I do take things to heart. I'm sensitive :( I don't get hurt by constructive criticism, and I actually enjoy making improvements to anything I make (whether it be graphics, music or whatnot). But when it gets to a point where someone says "Well this just downright sucked you should quit", then you know- that wasn't very nice. Also (four years ago, idk how it is now), I noticed a general air of arrogance when someone came from "YouTube". I frankly don't think there's anything wrong with coming from YouTube. I came from YouTube because I was a fan of anime, and decided "Hey, how can I make something cool like this so I can showcase my favorite kickass anime?!" In this aspect, I agree with Chii wholeheartedly.

By the way, to the arseheads that say that Chii only wants an "easy to please audience" and other comments- lolwut? I think that highlights a big part of the problem right there- some people think that they are above other people. I cringe.

The bottom line of my seemingly endless rant :uhoh: *sorrygaiz* : Keep an open mind.

Once again Chii, you've really inspired me to edit whateverdafuqIwantto again. Thank you :') :up:

/endapocalypticrant

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Weechaca wrote:Also (four years ago, idk how it is now), I noticed a general air of arrogance when someone came from "YouTube".
There's the occasional comment here and there, but it's not nearly as prevalent anymore, especially given that the majority of active members frequent both sites.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pikachew
Org Profile

Post by Pikachew » Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm

^ Thanks for the clarification, Ileia (like I said, haven't been here since awhile ago XD). And...Ileia *fangirlscream* I enjoy your workz a lot :up:

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Weechaca wrote:to the arseheads that say that Chii only wants an "easy to please audience" and other comments- lolwut? I think that highlights a big part of the problem right there- some people think that they are above other people. I cringe.
Actually, that's the truth. I don't know why people think it's that bad of trying to please his audience. Hey, stop, there's nothing wrong with that. Like you said, we are all different, I have my way to do the thing and I've never forced anyone to do the same. But i'm sorry for chii, but it's easier to make your audience liking stuff they usually like. It's like putting ecchi scenes in an ecchi anime, that most of the ecchi fans are watching. (yep that's fanservice). And surprisingly, they will like.
I don't say it's bad, but it's easy, and most of the fans don't even try to notice the work behind it (for the amvs), and just see their favorite anime edited. And even on org i can see that (and even me can do it), but yeah, the community is not as big as youtube, so there's not a ton of reborn fan, sorry. But that don't want to say that most of people here see the amvs as art, or that they judge amvs only on a technical aspect. (actually most of the comment here are "nice job", "awesome", "good stuff", ... Those who don't like a video don't comment it, and if they do the justify why, yeah common sense and all...)

The thing that annoys me the most, is that chii claims to be in a minority, when we are all different. Wth? There's no minority or majority here, oh, but maybe she quitted org because 2 or 3 people who didn't judge the amvs the way she wanted, and if that's the case it's really stupid. I just still don't understand why. And when i read the interview that was even more confusing (she seriously confuses me, and i can also tell she confuse herself xD). But i seriously don't care what she think of the community, but i really don't like people agreeing, or saying it's awesome, when they are probably as confused as me. No seriously, when you think about it, you don't find ths interview a bit weird.... :uhoh:

But well, it it seems like when we have a different point of view, people say we don't understand that we can have different op, so i'll end it here. :awesome: (and i just don't understand Chii, I though i could, but it seems that no)

Return to “General AMV”