TOONAMI IS BACK!

TEKnician
Org Profile

TOONAMI IS BACK!

Post by TEKnician » Thu May 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: TOONAMI IS BACK!

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. I just hope they don't stupidly do stupid stuff while attempting to bring it back. >_>

ALthough maybe it'll get Madoka, and then I'll be happy. :3

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu May 17, 2012 2:59 pm

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

The release also reveals that the revived block will be shown once a week from midnight to 6 a.m. on Saturdays.
So, in other words, they really aren't bringing it back (it was a M-F thing), they're just re-branding the thing they do every Saturday and surrounding it with CG bumps instead of the Adult Swim white text.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Mon May 21, 2012 10:52 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
The release also reveals that the revived block will be shown once a week from midnight to 6 a.m. on Saturdays.
So, in other words, they really aren't bringing it back (it was a M-F thing), they're just re-branding the thing they do every Saturday and surrounding it with CG bumps instead of the Adult Swim white text.
That's the funny part.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... wonderland

Hmm... :book:

f**k only 2 new shows. same old Bebop, GITS, FMA, and Bleh. Well, at least we'll see 'ol Tom again! Wonder if he has the same voice... :book:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:26 pm

they're showing FMA: brotherhood, not the old series, and I think they only showed the first series of GITS, I don't remember seeing any 2nd Gig eps when I used to watch it (granted that was like 8 or 9 years ago lol).

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Thu May 24, 2012 12:32 am

ok quick before i lose my train of thought if i remember right TOONAMI played two a week once during the week and once on saturday 12- 6 am everytime TOONAMI was on they played it for a few hours at a time showing all sorts of stuff ragging from cowboy bebop to even tmnt 2003 TOONAMI was the shit thats how i found out about dbz back then they replayed it even if all they play right now is stuff we seen before like FMA it be nice to see something good on tv again besides the shit they got on now like all the stupid drama/reality crap thats why new adventure tv show's don't make it past seaon 1 or 2 because no one watches tv anymore but old people lol

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 am

Not to sound pessimistic but, I find this rather pointless. Viewership has moved on to the internet where streaming and downloading is widely available. Why would someone want to wait weeks/months/years for a show to air on TV when you can easily access this stuff on the net? With the existence of Netflix, Hulu, and other on demand networks, you can instantly watch those animes "now". As much as I enjoyed Toonami back in the early days, those days of anime on TV are over. I can guarantee Toonami will get axed again within a year or less because the people who are rejoicing its return, I bet most of them aren't even gonna tune in, especially when it's only on satudays.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Well middle schoolers or people who just aren't internet savvy and might not know about the beauty of the internet will probably tune in. I watched toonami a bunch when I was in early and mid highschool, didn't know about eps on the net, and I hadn't quite gotten used to subs yet. But I do agree that most avid anime watchers probably already know about the net so this wont make a difference to them.

Return to “General Anime”