The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 19 - Chiikaboom

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Jeez Chii, you get interviewed and get 4 pages in one day? You and your drama :awesome:
Kazemon15 wrote: Good interview, I like this part about you, Chii. Always edit what you want and don't let people's opinions about it sway your own opinion.

I also agree that AMVs are solely about the anime and song you want to edit with and as long as you have fun editing it as well. :up:
x2 - When I edit personally it is both for the fans of the show and to say "This show/song is awesome, you should like it too". I actually REALLY tried to drive home the "This is why I like this series" aspect of my newest [unreleased] vid.

All in all, good read! Im glad to see the Lip Flappers back up and running, I missed them.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Wed May 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Good interview :up:
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Yep, a lot of good points about the site. Well said Chii! :up:

I don't really take issue with anyone's personal approach to editing, but it would be nice to see more anime fandom here as such, it's really declined here in that here over the last few years. Personally I've got into editing not because of anime or my love (ha!) of editing, but because of the music. But anime is still an important motivator. I hate editing, I just do it cause I like the results. I edit firstly as a music fan, and secondarily as someone who still likes anime. I also feel like my perspective often gets lost in the often-technocratic world of competitive AMVing, but what can you do I guess. I personally like this community too much to ever even think of leaving.

On the other hand, hey, if Chii isn't on the site but is still editing happily, I see no problem with this whatsoever!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Nice and interesting read. It's been a long time that I've been waiting for an interview with Chiikaboom.
About me, I simply love editing, I like putting together something with my favourite musics. That's all, I don't care about what I edit, I just edit it. However, my favourite sources are anime, but I don't usually watch them (not anymore). And I don't think it's a bad thing or whatever, it's just a point of view like yours, which I respect. I'm not serious with editing, I just enjoy the experience. :bear:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Double post by mistake, fuck yeah.
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 am

I almost stopped reading it due to not being a part of her audience. Imho sounds grudgy. I agree with alot of the talk about the org being very technically inclined, but all in all the editing and quality play a major part of it being enjoying. Most people here are also editors so they give comments as such. Its not surprising to receive comments like those on youtube by people who dont edit but like amvs without knowing much if any about technical aspects. A fellow editor is much more likely to comment on editing, not just the anime or music. I also think its not fair to judge the community by a few. Do I need to upload a picture of my anime and music collection just to prove I edit videos as a fan of the anime and music as a member of this community? Do I have to orgasm over the anime or music you used in your video with every comment to show I'm a fan. You could just read my org nickname to know I'm a fan of atleast one anime I made amvs to. Not trying to be mean just dont like being judged this way as a member of the community.

All in all im not sure what the beef is here. I'm sure we all are fans of anime and/or music otherwise we would never have ended up here. Comments from other editors are obviously going to be reflective of them as editors in most cases.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sun May 20, 2012 7:02 pm

After reading the interview and many people's comments, this is one I'd like to add...

For me one big difference between the .Org community and YouTube is that, on YouTube, I get the overwhelming impression that people are watching and being all "Yay! AWSM!!" about most AMVs because they're fangasming over the anime IN the videos, not the videos themselves. This is how you get tons of terrible AMVs with tons of hits and glowing comments.

At the .Org, yes you still get this reaction to a certain degree, but that's not really an acceptable standard for evaluation around here. How much you like or don't like a series isn't supposed to be criteria by which you decide how good an AMV is, but on YouTube this seems to be the first (and often only) thing the average viewer cares about, in large part because it's built right into the YouTube system. You like cute little baby ducks? Here are some cute baby duck videos: "Awwww!! CUTE VIDEO!" You like DBZ? Here are some DBZ AMVs: "Wooo!! AWSM AMV!" Well thanks, but actually I had nothing to do with either of the things IN those videos...I just held the camera/combined some clips, but I get the feeling this wasn't what you care about, anyways. So...Cheers! :beer:

The .Org's standards of enjoying and evaluating AMVs fits very closely with my own, and it's why I don't pay much attention to what people say or think about the few videos I've uploaded to YouTube. I can't get there what I want, which is critical evaluation and appreciation of my AMVs. Yes, of course people saying they like my videos and are huge fans of X series gives me warm fuzzies, but at the end of the day I'm not making AMVs because that's the fire I'm trying to fuel. I'm very happy to leave that to the people who are much better at it, like Chiikaboom. :) If I could make purely fan AMVs and be happy doing it, I'd probably be doing it, but I don't make those kinds of videos, so my happiness must needs come from other sources.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:56 am

Very lovely read. Keep doin you Chii :up:
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 pm

All of this is a joke

All of us here want somehow to make good videos technically speaking, it's not only about being an animefan or not.
If it was only about this, all of us would take WMM, animes with logo and put things not considering anything important in editing.

And since we all want to make good videos, each of us tries to give ops on other videos so that the editor can even make a better one later.

Also, well, I don't know if I'm currently an animefan or not myself, I don't mind, anyways it happens that I'm happy to see some animes I love in video but it makes me on my nerves when these animes are destroyed by some bad editing 'cause in the end, even not considering this fact, I make and watch AMVs because I love anime, music AND editing. So, well, you can edit for the "fun" not putting effort in your vids, it's your right but dont' expect from others (at least me) to enjoy it, it's not only about being animefan.

Seriously...

To Chii particularly : you're the perfect example of what I'm saying, you do what you want and I respect that. Now, I love the vids coming from you that I think are the best edited ones, no matter if they use anime that I love or not.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

MimS wrote:All of this is a joke
x2

And even if i'm a big anime fan, i don't edit because i love an anime but because i love editing. And i can't allow myself to make something bad just for the fun, or because i love an anime. It's quite the contrary More i love an anime, more i'll be serious about it. But that's just my way of thinking.

And i really can't understand those who are agree with her, but are still on a-m-v.org. \o/ (but i can fully understand chii, if she wants to be loved by people without any efforts, yes, it's probably better to head to youtube |:> )

Return to “General AMV”