Any thinkers here?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Any thinkers here?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu May 10, 2012 9:54 am

EvaFan wrote:Overall your still in highschool and essays don't really start to get serious till your first english college class where you really get into things like thesis statements, structure, purpose, and audience so I wouldn't worry too much about it right now and just write however you feel comfortable enough to finish the paper in time.
Not always true. No writing I ever did in college that came from an English department course was any more difficult than in high-school, and I took 300 level electives in English. Granted, my friends and I were weird. We'd take random arts and humanities courses in groups so we could break the curve.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
EvaFan wrote:Overall your still in highschool and essays don't really start to get serious till your first english college class where you really get into things like thesis statements, structure, purpose, and audience so I wouldn't worry too much about it right now and just write however you feel comfortable enough to finish the paper in time.
Not always true. No writing I ever did in college that came from an English department course was any more difficult than in high-school, and I took 300 level electives in English. Granted, my friends and I were weird. We'd take random arts and humanities courses in groups so we could break the curve.
Same here. The only time I ever had to seriously work in an English department class was in Technical Writing with my research paper (citing sources, ect). Everything else? Could totally BS and get A's.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 am

I didn't say difficult, I said serious as in start to teach that stuff more fluently. Besides, some people just learn easier than others. A college class could seem just as easy as highschool stuff if your already adept at whatever it is or just a really fast learner/smart.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 am

Eake4 wrote:Thanks guy!
Not sure what I did, but no problem. :bear:

Return to “General Discussion”