Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [5/64]

Post by Rendakor » Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [9/64] [New Links]

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 am

More videos up! If I get some spare time today, I'll upload a few more since they're coming in really quickly now with only a few days remaining.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [9/64] [New Links]

Post by AimoAio » Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

I'm so sad I couldn't join this now because of my crappy exams. ;__; Some of these videos are excellent!

Some short general comments so far:

Video 1:
Spoiler :
Not bad, but I felt like it was lacking some sync.
Video 2:
Spoiler :
Really beautiful and great mood throughout parts but somehow I would have liked to see less water and more about the people because aside from the surfer, I don't see any relation between the other characters and the water. I can see a vague meaning but it's not expressed very clearly.
Video 3:
Spoiler :
Quality wasn't the best but the theme was cute. Think it would have been better if you showed more joy/cheeriness in how life is great under the sea. You know, more smiles and sparkly stuff.
Video 4:
Spoiler :
The sync is awesome. And I LOVE the texturizing you implemented in certain areas of the video to emphasize the effects of the scene, sometimes it's harshly cut/flashed in but most the time it's integrated very well with the rest. Also the scene at 1:48 I feel is a little slow-paced, I felt like the bullet should have been synced a little earlier. Really enjoyed this one though! ^^
Video 5:
Spoiler :
The theme is great in this one. The source and the song fit together very well and give off one of the best nature feelings ever. I also really liked how you had a contrast between nature scenes at the start and more character scenes near the end, which helps break up the video so it doesn't feel like you're showcasing earth and that's it. Nice one!
Video 6:
Spoiler :
Is this really the right length? Because the ending is so abruptly cut off I can't tell. Still great action and great combination! Severely lacking concept wise though. I get the pirates being linked to the sea part...BUT WHERE IS THE SEA? AND WHERE ARE THE PIRATE SHIPS?!
Video 7:
Spoiler :
This one is deep. Very interesting too. I like it.
Video 8:
Spoiler :
Quality is kinda subpar, especially since Trigun looks badly upscaled. I do like the theme of using water as a reminder of bad memories though. The Kuragehime and Samurai Champloo segments emphasize this point very well.
Video 9:
Spoiler :
Lacking some faster sync/pacing in a few areas but the concept can be seen and the general mood and feeling of it is very nice. Some scene choices are absolutely perfect in showcasing the "paradise" she is dreaming of. Very pretty, almost unreal feeling.
Video 10:
Spoiler :
I cannot see either element in this unless you are referring to the peace in water at the start and the rage in fire for the battles afterwards. The quality is absolutely awful. I'm not just talking about blocks, there are uncropped borders and frame blending. The song cuts do not blend at all and I actually got a fright when it suddenly cut to Witchcraft. Also why subtitles for the first voice but not the second voice? 0:51 also looks very very weird with...uh...a mid-cutter + white + border + some opacity effect? It's very random and nothing is holding it together, no offense to the creator but what the heck were you trying to show with this?

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [10/64] [New Links]

Post by GuntherAMVs » Thu May 10, 2012 10:20 am

Wow, look at them all coming in~!
It's so exciting :3
And props to Aimo for giving good feedback for the editors~! Yay May <3
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Thu May 10, 2012 10:34 am

5, 7 <3

Can't wait to see more!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 10, 2012 12:19 pm

I'll have full comments for all the videos later on, I just wanted to say that I've been sitting here at work watching Video 5/7 ALL DAY. <3

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Thu May 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Nice thing the new host! :up:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 pm

So far I'd put my money on #7.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [11/64] [New Links]

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu May 10, 2012 3:36 pm

The videos don't work if I try to watch them on browser, but if I'm not supposed to try that in the first place then derp. xD
Awesome stuff so far!

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [11/64] [New Links]

Post by Rendakor » Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Right click, save as.
Image Image

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”