The Quickening - Videos

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
xDreww
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Videos

Post by xDreww » Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 am

So far my favorite video from this group is Colours & Carousels.
Captured more of a nice mood to me, compared to the others. Really digged the panning, and glowy effects you had there. Not super crazy about it overall, but it was really nice to watch.

Lopez, I couldn't get a grip of your concept at all, might have to re watch it again...but yours was pretty nice to watch as well. Liked the idea, but just felt like you could have done more. Knowing your style that I love a lot.

drewaconclusion - Star Crossed Lovers
When I saw Utena, I'm like "yay! This should be interesting" I felt like it was a bit choppy at parts, and some scene selections need work..I'm a fan of the anime, so thats just my opinion. Thought you could have captured more the that unique feeling, that the series had. It wasn't that bad though.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 am

xDreww wrote:So far my favorite video from this group is Colours & Carousels.
Captured more of a nice mood to me, compared to the others. Really digged the panning, and glowy effects you had there. Not super crazy about it overall, but it was really nice to watch.
x2
Colours & Carousels really have a nice feeling to me :up:
I also liked TwilightChrono's video.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 am

I agree too that Colours and Carousels was the winner of this group. Also, it would be a tough choice for me if i was a judge, but the four ones i would choose to go on to the next round, are: drewaconclusion's Star Crossed Lovers, The Pursuit, Concert Journey and ofc Colours and Carousels - not that the other 3 amvs were not worthy (i'll keep an eye on Evil Enviromentalist). Still, i'm waiting for the judges' thoughts!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 am

Animated wrote:I agree too that Colours and Carousels was the winner of this group. Also, it would be a tough choice for me if i was a judge, but the four ones i would choose to go on to the next round, are: drewaconclusion's Star Crossed Lovers, The Pursuit, Concert Journey and ofc Colours and Carousels - not that the other 3 amvs were not worthy (i'll keep an eye on Evil Enviromentalist). Still, i'm waiting for the judges' thoughts!
agreed

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 am

xDreww wrote:Thought you could have captured more the that unique feeling, that the series had.
Oh? Exactly how so?
ImageImage

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 am

My favourites would be Colours & Carousels and Concert Journey :up:

The rest was also not bad, but these I liked the most^^.

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Wed May 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Animated wrote:I agree too that Colours and Carousels was the winner of this group. Also, it would be a tough choice for me if i was a judge, but the four ones i would choose to go on to the next round, are: drewaconclusion's Star Crossed Lovers, The Pursuit, Concert Journey and ofc Colours and Carousels - not that the other 3 amvs were not worthy (i'll keep an eye on Evil Enviromentalist). Still, i'm waiting for the judges' thoughts!

same for the top 4.

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Darn, apparently no one liked my video. :cry:

Oh well, I tried my best and gave it my all, so at least I was happy with it. :)

Now what I would like to know is why everyone didn't like it?
Please be honest.
So I can try and improve for next time.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 pm

MasterZero8 wrote:Darn, apparently no one liked my video. :cry:

Oh well, I tried my best and gave it my all, so at least I was happy with it. :)

Now what I would like to know is why everyone didn't like it?
Please be honest.
So I can try and improve for next time.
For your first AMV, it was actually pretty good. I'd say that the main issue with your vid is the problem that absolutely everybody has in their first vid. You just gotta add in more sync and flow. Reading the sync sections in this guide will definitely help you improve http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =2&t=92942

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:10 pm

kireblue wrote: For your first AMV, it was actually pretty good. I'd say that the main issue with your vid is the problem that absolutely everybody has in their first vid. You just gotta add in more sync and flow. Reading the sync sections in this guide will definitely help you improve http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =2&t=92942
Thanks for the input :D
Will have to give that a look.

Return to “The Quickening 2012”