Moving cookie cutters?

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Moving cookie cutters?

Post by xAMVLoverx » Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Hello, I was wondering if someone has any idea how to move the images in the cookie cutters all together? And also those texts, how did the editor made appear them on the top of the images, I don't understand, it seems like it took a lot of layers but I just can't figure out how to make this on vegas -__-
The effect is from 0:19 to 0:21 and this is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJujna_6Tcc

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out with this ;---;

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Moving cookie cutters?

Post by Eake4 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:14 am

Well he/she just had one video and zoomed out of it. While doing so the editor duplicated the orginal video track onto several others making the others move in at the same pace. For the text the editor probably had a solid and used a transition to make it look good while framing up the text.
It may sound like a lot but actually its very simple to grasp and easy to understand when you try it out yourself good luck :D

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 am

-Eake4- wrote:Well he/she just had one video and zoomed out of it. While doing so the editor duplicated the orginal video track onto several others making the others move in at the same pace. For the text the editor probably had a solid and used a transition to make it look good while framing up the text.
It may sound like a lot but actually its very simple to grasp and easy to understand when you try it out yourself good luck :D
Just one video? O-o I am afraid I did not get what you mean ;-; sorry, and still I don't understand how to move those square all together and so symmetrically at the same time, I dunno but moving them one by one seems a little of a trouble x-x thx for the help anyway *o* if someone else has a better explanation or tutorial, tell me since ain't found any sigh-.-

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Wed May 09, 2012 9:23 am

Oh it's not hard actually.

Here's what I think he/she has: a layer with a solid white background, a layer with a solid orange/yellow background and the video mask.

He/she uses cookie cutter on both solid backgrounds, not the video mask. I don't know the anime, but I think the video mask is the only thing moving from one of the sides.
Now, if you open cookie cutter you will see a little window on the right with a little square, try moving that square around. See how your form moves? Now you just need to animate it. Click on "Animate" on the bottom right and put the values you want on the desired keyframes.

I'm sorry, I can't be much of help right now. I'm at work right now and I don't even have vegas here, but I can take a few screenshots when I get home of this intro I did for this MEP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzdptObwUU
Hopefully this is what you're looking for lol. Sorry if it's not!
ImageImage
ImageImage

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Wed May 09, 2012 2:50 pm

siny wrote:Oh it's not hard actually.

Here's what I think he/she has: a layer with a solid white background, a layer with a solid orange/yellow background and the video mask.

He/she uses cookie cutter on both solid backgrounds, not the video mask. I don't know the anime, but I think the video mask is the only thing moving from one of the sides.
Now, if you open cookie cutter you will see a little window on the right with a little square, try moving that square around. See how your form moves? Now you just need to animate it. Click on "Animate" on the bottom right and put the values you want on the desired keyframes.

I'm sorry, I can't be much of help right now. I'm at work right now and I don't even have vegas here, but I can take a few screenshots when I get home of this intro I did for this MEP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzdptObwUU
Hopefully this is what you're looking for lol. Sorry if it's not!
OMG if you could actually make some screen shots for me I would be glad;-; I still don't get sigh;-; and OMG moving the cookie cutter one by one is x-x I dunno if it is really this what this editor did, but I am gonna try it out. thx for the help, and yeah if you can, the screenshots would help me a lot too xD thanks again

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:34 am

xAMVLoverx wrote:
-Eake4- wrote:Well he/she just had one video and zoomed out of it. While doing so the editor duplicated the orginal video track onto several others making the others move in at the same pace. For the text the editor probably had a solid and used a transition to make it look good while framing up the text.
Just one video? O-o I am afraid I did not get what you mean ;-; sorry, and still I don't understand how to move those square all together and so symmetrically at the same time, I dunno but moving them one by one seems a little of a trouble x-x thx for the help anyway *o* if someone else has a better explanation or tutorial, tell me since ain't found any sigh-.-
Just 1 clip, I recommend using After Effects for this track but it is still obtainable with vegas and if you only have vegas that would be an okay route to go.
Im sure Siny would give you a good understanding with the screenshots

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 am

So sorry! Yesterday I wasn't able to do it, but I'll do it tonight.

Oh and don't worry, you don't need to animate it frame by frame. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm

siny wrote:So sorry! Yesterday I wasn't able to do it, but I'll do it tonight.

Oh and don't worry, you don't need to animate it frame by frame. :)
awww don't worry take your time, and well thanks for the help ;)

xAMVLoverx
Org Profile

Post by xAMVLoverx » Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Eake4 wrote:
xAMVLoverx wrote:
Just 1 clip, I recommend using After Effects for this track but it is still obtainable with vegas and if you only have vegas that would be an okay route to go.
Im sure Siny would give you a good understanding with the screenshots
Oh God, I don't use after effect I don't have it ;-; you mean that video has been made with AE? Anyway I am glad there is a way to make that effect with sony vegas as well;-;

Return to “Effects & Techniques”