Sankarea

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Sankarea

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 am

SagexAMV wrote:
meleechampion wrote:First episode wasn't bad, should I follow this? Any of you feel strongly about it?
I definitely am liking this show so far, and at this current stage I think it's worth giving it a shot. Story seems kinda non-existent so far (other than the protagonist's zombie fetish) but it's only 4 episodes so it's all up in the air atm. Also unaware as to how many episodes there are supposed to be for this show as well. *shrug*
I wouldn't say the story is nonexistant, there's been a bunch of material already. The "story" is that he has to figure out how to cope with having a zombie girlfriend and all the crap that's going to happen as a result. the stuff that's been established so far:
Spoiler :
1. Obviously he has to figure out how to take care of her body, those leaves the cat was chewing on seem to keep it's body working (it hasn't gone rigid) but I don't know if they need to preserve her body in other way to stop rotting and stuff (maybe the leaves are enough to renew the potion or something).
2. When she was leaning towards he he thought she was going to kiss him but after he left she seemed afraid about what she was about to do, I think her body may have wanted to eat him??? (the black spirals around her stomach sorta made me think it was something darker than just a kiss).
3. Her insane parents are going to show up again, her dad so that he can "purify her with his love" and her mom so she doesn't lose face as chairman of the school (my god those people made me rage, hopefully this will be more comedic rather than drama)
4. He has to deal with family/friends finding out about her and their reactions.

So there's definitely plenty of material to speculate on. Whether some specific plot develops is another matter but I think most of this story will revolve around him just trying to take care of her and keep her hidden/safe, while continuing their relationship.
Either way, definitely a great series, very original considering it has to do with zombies, a must watch for me.

BONUS:
Scenes like this are why I'm loving this series
Spoiler :

cutest zombie ever, if there were more anime like this the zombie fetish might become mainstream

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 am

Jasta85 wrote:
Spoiler :
(my god those people made me rage, hopefully this will be more comedic rather than drama)
Spoiler :
Actually, I'm hoping it doesn't become comedic at all. I think it'd totally kill the tone of the show if it did.
ImageImage

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
Spoiler :
Actually, I'm hoping it doesn't become comedic at all. I think it'd totally kill the tone of the show if it did.
Spoiler :
Doesn't it already have elements of comedy? I mean c'mon, the grandpa? I don't mind some jokes here and there on the side, but hopefully the main plot will remain relatively serious like it has been so far.

drewaconclusion
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Kosmit wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Doesn't it already have elements of comedy? I mean c'mon, the grandpa? I don't mind some jokes here and there on the side, but hopefully the main plot will remain relatively serious like it has been so far.
Spoiler :
While I was kind of commenting about the general tone of the show I more specifically pointing at the father/daughter issue.

Speaking of the grandfather, I've had a feeling since the first episode that he's already a zombie. My guess is that the plant used for the potion works as a zombie preservative (and would make him eating the leaves make more sense than just him being senile). Notice that Bebu started behaving normally after eating some himself.
ImageImage

The God of Conquest
Org Profile

Post by The God of Conquest » Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm

This anime has an interesting new twist to the zombie genre that we have grown tired of watching. So far this anime has been turned worthwhile because it is not an apocalypse as so many anime's have and it has the zombies still have their senses and are not mindless which is a good change for once. I will be watching this one very closely.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 am

drewaconclusion wrote:
Kosmit wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
While I was kind of commenting about the general tone of the show I more specifically pointing at the father/daughter issue.

Speaking of the grandfather, I've had a feeling since the first episode that he's already a zombie. My guess is that the plant used for the potion works as a zombie preservative (and would make him eating the leaves make more sense than just him being senile). Notice that Bebu started behaving normally after eating some himself.
Spoiler :
Can it be both? but seriously, hopefully it can find a good balance, especially after this most recent episode, it has potential to be an awesome show.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Spoiler :
Sooooo, I thought she was going to be eating people but apparently she likes licking instead. Yea, can't take it as seriously now heh. Next ep is gonna be interesting as some people are going to be finding out.

I was a little curious as to why the rigger-mortis wore off by itself, I thought she would have to chew on some leaves first. And how exactly is she able to crawl on ceilings now? really strong grip on the support beams?

The fact that she's now really strong will probably also be helpful if her parents try interfering. I can see her giving their hired guns a beat-down if they came by.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 am

This series makes me feel really bad for playing L4D2 ...

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Sun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Jasta85 wrote:
Spoiler :
I was a little curious as to why the rigger-mortis wore off by itself, I thought she would have to chew on some leaves first.
Spoiler :
Rigor Mortis actually does wear off after a while, although I'm sure she'll need to eat some flowers soon enough.

drewaconclusion
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 am

Spoiler :
So I guess I was right about the leaves. I wonder how long Rea has before the poison can no longer hold off the decomposition.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”