Eureka Seven AO

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: Eureka Seven AO

Post by meleechampion » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am

EkaCoralian wrote:Hadena Fansub's subbed version of episode 51?
Aww. Watched this, I thought it'd be... kinda... significantly different? Still cool that they aired that.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 am

Episode 4 was aight. I really liked the addition to the OP of Eureka turning her head and revealing the jewel on her forehead. :'3 I think the best part of the episode was Noah though.
Also my friend pointed this out to me, which I'm not sure how to react over.
Spoiler :
Its in the shape of the Gekko State logo, except there's a big 'GS' in the middle. Which could stand for 'Gekko State'. Godamnit BONES stop trolling us and tell me if this is an AU or not, kjhgidbd.
My friend also thought this looked a lot like Talho.
Also,
Spoiler :
ohmyGod the Three Stooges are stowaways. XD I laughed SO hard at the end with Gazelle, Pippo and Han. xD

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 am

Wow that logo! OMFG. AND WHAT IS GOING ON. Trapar mining? Was the original show this bad at being all like "stuff is going on and we're gonna make it really obvious and wave it in your face but we're purposefully not telling you any details haha" or do I just care more now?

I noticed the OP change. (came here to post about it) I really like stuff like that, but I'm TRYING not to nerd out and over analyze things. So hard to do, but I'ma try to sit back and enjoy.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 pm

TEKnician wrote:I wonder if Eureka went back to the other side...
Spoiler :
yup, went back home to her husband.
Okay, i don't know if it was just a bad translation or whatever...but...
Spoiler :
Am i to assume there are MORE half-breeds out there? AND WHERE IS MY PINK LOVE LASER? Although that 50-cal repeater sounded awesome, i needz mah LAYZAH!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 am

TEKnician wrote:
TEKnician wrote: Okay, i don't know if it was just a bad translation or whatever...but...
Spoiler :
Am i to assume there are MORE half-breeds out there?
Oh, nice snag! Hm... well to be honest I don't think there's other half human half Coralian babies because Eureka was the only humanoid Coralian left that the Scubs made before. If Ao is Eurenton's son, it doesn't really make sense that there would be more.
I think I watched that thinking they meant like orphaned children, maybe who could pilot IFOs really well. Who knows!

TEKnician
Org Profile

Eureka Seven AO

Post by TEKnician » Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am

EkaCoralian wrote:
TEKnician wrote:
TEKnician wrote: Okay, i don't know if it was just a bad translation or whatever...but...
Spoiler :
Am i to assume there are MORE half-breeds out there?
Oh, nice snag! Hm... well to be honest I don't think there's other half human half Coralian babies because Eureka was the only humanoid Coralian left that the Scubs made before.
that we know of! :wink:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri May 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Episode 5: Generation Moe.

Didn't love episode 5 a whole lot. I only really liked Gazelle's/Pippo's/Han's moments and Noah's moments.

Also I don't mind Team Goldilocks; I think the little girl's cute, and I'm in love with Maggie's hairstyle. Also Bruno's a big ol' Teddy Bear.

But yeah, besides that, boring.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri May 11, 2012 7:48 pm

I actually really liked it. Most original-E7-character-driven episode yet. I wanna know more about the world.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat May 12, 2012 1:32 am

Elena Just keeps giving me more reasons to love her!
Spoiler :
ImageImage
As for relevant-to-story commentary:

I liked the tour of the HQ, but I have no idea where anything is or where the hell they went. Are they now underground? Are they in a dome? Where is ANYTHING in in here? The episode was going good until they cut the tour short. I think he needs more of an intro to their world. But I like how they compensated with the ambush at the end. "Reality of war" and everything. Though I'll admit it was a little "boring", the pacing of the original E7 wasn't all that fast either. I'm just wondering how this plot is going to match up with the epic-ness of the original. I like how this show has so many different nationalities and not just all-Japanese. It really keeps that diverse Gekko State feel.

I think Maggie is the new Maeter.

I really thought Gazelle n friends were gonna get caught and be forced to be janitors or something while they continue their mischief and sneaking around. I know they look cool in suits, but I feel they lost their uniqueness (Like the Team Rocket Trio just went legit or something). All in all, an interesting setup for the next episode (whose name I can't stop laughing about). COME ON BABY, LIGHT MY FIRE! :awesome:

I really hope they outfitted Nirvash with a laser this time or i will be very disappointed. Last series, Nirvash spewed a laser by episode 2 and then stuck with the "Doomarang knife". Ao needs to learn some close-quarter combat soon or Nirvash is just gonna become another Gundam goddamn. I mean...

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat May 12, 2012 11:00 am

I was trying to forgive its pacing from episode 1 for that very same reason, but BONES simply HAS to realize that they have 24 episodes to start and finish the story.
Literally they have 19 episodes left. 19.

I have a feeling we'll get a hint to the villain next episode, then normal fighting for four episodes, then heavy plot stuff after.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”