"The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Re: "The Quickening" Registration Thread - FULL

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri May 04, 2012 4:10 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:Expecting a lot of drops?
maybe not a lot, but a situation like taht to arrive , maybe. but i would prefer not. :awesome:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat May 05, 2012 2:01 pm

It would be lame for people to drop, since they had previously committed themselves to edit in that week of their choice.
Since this contest is a closed number sign up, registering means taking a spot away from someone else who would have been genuinely interested but wasn't timely enough in the registration. Dropping would be disrespectful to them; a dick move, actually. :down:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat May 05, 2012 3:13 pm

mirkosp wrote:It would be lame for people to drop, since they had previously committed themselves to edit in that week of their choice.
Since this contest is a closed number sign up, registering means taking a spot away from someone else who would have been genuinely interested but wasn't timely enough in the registration. Dropping would be disrespectful to them; a dick move, actually. :down:
To be honest, I'm surprised contests like this don't have a communal "naughty list" for people that have dropped in the past. If you're on the "naughty list" you get punted to the bottom of the list for sign-ups.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat May 05, 2012 5:46 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
mirkosp wrote:It would be lame for people to drop, since they had previously committed themselves to edit in that week of their choice.
To be honest, I'm surprised contests like this don't have a communal "naughty list" for people that have dropped in the past. If you're on the "naughty list" you get punted to the bottom of the list for sign-ups.

What a stupid idea... :down:

Mirko is right but it's up to us, people taking part in the contest, to be responsible. Coordinators have no right to judge us because of what we did in the past, absolutely no right! They only have to judge one thing : the video we send to them.
If it happens some people drop, I'm pretty sure Yue will find a way to deal with this and to keep the awesomeness of this contest.

Yue, you're the boss!

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Sat May 05, 2012 8:14 pm

MimS wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:

What a stupid idea... :down:

Mirko is right but it's up to us, people taking part in the contest, to be responsible. Coordinators have no right to judge us because of what we did in the past, absolutely no right! They only have to judge one thing : the video we send to them.
If it happens some people drop, I'm pretty sure Yue will find a way to deal with this and to keep the awesomeness of this contest.

Yue, you're the boss!
I don't think he was talking about judging during the contest... I think he meant that if for example you drop out this year, next time the contest is up, others would have priority over you (during signups) if you decide to compete again.
ImageImage
ImageImage

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 pm

No, still a dumb idea, there aren't enough contests a year to build such a reputation without accounting for legitimate excuses.

If you didn't get into something you didn't sign up fast enough. You snooze you lose!

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Siny, I clearly got what he said and to me it's equal to a judgement : "Yo dude, last time you dropped so you see, I don't like people who drop in contests so sorry but even if you showed your interest in this one before other guys, I don't want you, bye"
Seriously, wtf?

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sat May 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Mims is right. o:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Yea, wow. Personal responsibility and actions having consequences - what was I thinking? :roll:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun May 06, 2012 1:09 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Yea, wow. Personal responsibility and actions having consequences - what was I thinking? :roll:
This. Haha, I don't really understand what's so bad about that rule. You don't want the same person dropping again, so you put him at the bottom of the list. It's their fault for dropping out in the first place. It also doesn't mean they don't want them in their contest, it just means that they aren't a higher priority over later registrants because they dropped out last year. I don't see the problem there.

Return to “The Quickening 2012”