Avisynth Open Failure

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
ahinton
Org Profile

Avisynth Open Failure

Post by ahinton » Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello.

I am doing some post-production for my AMV and I am running into a problem with AviSynth reading my AMV. The code I have currently is this:
[AVISource("C:\AMVProjects\FinalResults\KnightsOfCephiro.avi")
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)]

Once I press the run script button I get the following message:
Avisynth open failure
AVI source: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc dvsd

I check the file source and it is correct with correct spelling. Does anybody out there recognize this and if so, what do I need to do to correct this? As always any help any of you can provide, large or small, is appriciated.
Matsuricon V.E.S. AMV Contest Coordinator 2023
https://matsuricon.org/
amv@matsuricon.org

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Avisynth Open Failure

Post by LantisEscudo » Thu May 03, 2012 11:54 pm

You don't have a VFW codec for DV video installed. You can either install one (This one's pretty good) or use a different source method.

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Sat May 05, 2012 6:57 am

LantisEscudo wrote:You don't have a VFW codec for DV video installed. You can either install one (This one's pretty good) or use a different source method.
I don't know if you have run into this problem or not, but I clicked on the link, got to the site and downloaded their link, chosing to open the file instead of save it. Now the instructions said to right click on cedocida.inf and the click install. When I right-click it, it only gives me the option to open, which I did, and instead I get the source code for installation, showing up on my notepad. I am guessing that this didn't install on my computer. Have you had any issues of this sort and if so what can I do to counteract this so that this codec gets installed?
amv@matsuricon.org

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 am

You have to extract the files to a folder first. Then when you right-click the .inf file, you'll get the option to install. As a security measure, Windows won't let you do it from directly inside the ZIP.

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Tue May 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks. I am good to go now.
amv@matsuricon.org

Return to “AviSynth Help”