Resources for lighting

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Resources for lighting

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 am

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but anyone here have any decent resources for lighting design?

I'm looking to tear down the ceiling in my family room to do some work - maybe turn the whole thing into a lite version of a home theater (i.e. i'll have a projector mounted, but i'm not going to drop huge money on seating and sound). I know I want to do a bunch of zoned recessed LED cans, but i'd like more than just the brain-dead simple advice i'm seeing when I search for stuff. Ideally, I'd like something I could mock up a basic floor-plan in and add lights to it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Resources for lighting

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed May 02, 2012 9:38 am

As far as the actual design goes, not sure there, past maybe finding books on the subject. Even electrician/wiring/lighting books that could be found at Home Depot/Lowe's might give you some ideas.

Perhaps you could try Google sketchup for making a to-scale layout of the room...this might help you figure out where things are going to go. I'm not sure (as I've not used it extensively) whether or not you can actually create light sources in it or not. This would be ideal, as you could emulate the type of lighting you are wanting to do, and render it out to give you a better idea of how it would look/feel. Wouldn't be the most accurate thing ever, but would help. If not, blender for sure has lighting.

Return to “General Discussion”