Animazement 2012 AMV Contest (Deadline: 5/1/2012)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
StarTrinity009
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2012 AMV Contest (Deadline: 5/1/2012)

Post by StarTrinity009 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 pm

hmm .... think I'll go Super Saiyan and make a video for this in 1 day .... Yesss .... :bear:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm

StarTrinity009 wrote:hmm .... think I'll go Super Saiyan and make a video for this in 1 day .... Yesss .... :bear:
Super Saiyan StarTrinity009? That actually has a nice ring to it :asd:

StarTrinity009
Org Profile

Post by StarTrinity009 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 pm

kireblue wrote:
StarTrinity009 wrote:hmm .... think I'll go Super Saiyan and make a video for this in 1 day .... Yesss .... :bear:
Super Saiyan StarTrinity009? That actually has a nice ring to it :asd:
It does doesn't it? :up:

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 am

We'll I've sent 2 entries in myself! Should be interesting this year, more editors I know of on the org submitted videos :)!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am

I didn't notice any rules in place for proxies accepting awards on your behalf. Is that doable? I was thinking of submitting something since I was just told some friends are going to be there. Because of the time-sensitive quality of this question, I was thinking of posting on the con forums as well, but after looking at how dead they are and how long people seem to wait for responses, it doesn't seem worth the effort.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:55 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I didn't notice any rules in place for proxies accepting awards on your behalf. Is that doable? I was thinking of submitting something since I was just told some friends are going to be there. Because of the time-sensitive quality of this question, I was thinking of posting on the con forums as well, but after looking at how dead they are and how long people seem to wait for responses, it doesn't seem worth the effort.
They don't do trophies, and last year they just did amazon.com gift card by e-mail after the con, so I wouldn't stress over a proxy. They don't do prizes that would require you to be there or give you an option to PICK things.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Have to say, I'm rather annoyed at the way this contest has been handled and run the pass 3 years. Each year has been worse than the last, I'm just glad that there was a better set of videos (a good chunk of them were from editors I knew that I suggested sending videos in), however there were videos they lost and even worse, videos they didn't download at all due to their automated system not sending it to their email (confirmed this with the staff). Not assuming I would have won, but it is rather annoying that my chance to win comedy for a third year in a row wasnt even a possibility because they never even downloaded my video at all. I can't say it the worst contest I've participated in before, but that is only because they actually announce the winners, however everything else about the contest the last three years has ranked it amoung the lowest of contests I have participated in. I really hope someone takes the initiative to take over the contest because I would love to see it run more effectively, it would take little effort to improve it from the current level it is at.

That said, I'll post the winners tonight when I get home (if someone else doesn't beat me to it). It was also disappointing as to what little care was taken with the announcement at closing ceremonies.

Melichan923
Org Profile

Post by Melichan923 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Have to say, I'm rather annoyed at the way this contest has been handled and run the pass 3 years. Each year has been worse than the last, I'm just glad that there was a better set of videos (a good chunk of them were from editors I knew that I suggested sending videos in), however there were videos they lost and even worse, videos they didn't download at all due to their automated system not sending it to their email (confirmed this with the staff). Not assuming I would have won, but it is rather annoying that my chance to win comedy for a third year in a row wasnt even a possibility because they never even downloaded my video at all. I can't say it the worst contest I've participated in before, but that is only because they actually announce the winners, however everything else about the contest the last three years has ranked it amoung the lowest of contests I have participated in. I really hope someone takes the initiative to take over the contest because I would love to see it run more effectively, it would take little effort to improve it from the current level it is at.

That said, I'll post the winners tonight when I get home (if someone else doesn't beat me to it). It was also disappointing as to what little care was taken with the announcement at closing ceremonies.
Aw, that's a shame to hear. :( Sorry to hear that meatwad. The fact that there were videos lost because of the automated system glitch is nothing short of a disaster.

It was my first year submitting to Animazement. I thought the process was a lot different than what I'm used to. If people's videos are getting lost or not received often I sincerely hope there is effort made to improve that process for next year.

How large were the showing rooms this year and was there a big crowd? I wish I had the opportunity to attend more cons.
Image Image

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Have to say, I'm rather annoyed at the way this contest has been handled and run the pass 3 years. Each year has been worse than the last, I'm just glad that there was a better set of videos (a good chunk of them were from editors I knew that I suggested sending videos in), however there were videos they lost and even worse, videos they didn't download at all due to their automated system not sending it to their email (confirmed this with the staff). Not assuming I would have won, but it is rather annoying that my chance to win comedy for a third year in a row wasnt even a possibility because they never even downloaded my video at all. I can't say it the worst contest I've participated in before, but that is only because they actually announce the winners, however everything else about the contest the last three years has ranked it amoung the lowest of contests I have participated in. I really hope someone takes the initiative to take over the contest because I would love to see it run more effectively, it would take little effort to improve it from the current level it is at.

I feel better for backing out of sending something, then. Contests that show so such little respect for the entrants as this one seems to don't deserve editor support.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Contests”