The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Results All Up in Here

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brakus
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules Pre-Release

Post by Brakus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
xDreww wrote:Just making sure, if I enter Animenext and IF I win action,upbeat or whatever. That video can still take part of otakon right? I just want to be 100% sure.
Yes this is correct, provided you don't win anywhere else first.
In other words, the contest is open to "Nonwinners of one AMV contest other than AnimeNEXT." :) So technically this isn't a total maiden special weight affair.

I hope I can make it again this year.... I'm thinking an "every other year I make the contest" thing for me....
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Post by irriadin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 pm

How does AX fit into the trolling policy? Is it OK if a video wins at AX, or will it be DQ'd?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Because Anime Expo occurs after the Otakon deadline, any wins there would not affect a video's Otakon eligibility.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 am

Hm...for some reason, my FTP client isn't connecting with the password and username I was given.

I'm using filezilla. Is there a problem with the server or is it me?

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Hm...for some reason, my FTP client isn't connecting with the password and username I was given.

I'm using filezilla. Is there a problem with the server or is it me?
For whatever reason, the otakon.homeip.net URL wasn't resolving until after I logged in to check on it. The IP never changed so I don't know why it derped up, but it's fixed now.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Question, I ant to submit my Otakon entry to AMV france Japan expo as well. I think it's an online contest also? Forgot. Just wondering if it's also okay for me to do that? The deadline is Jun 10th, and For me to submit my Otakon Entry is Jun 11th right?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 am

xDreww wrote:Question, I ant to submit my Otakon entry to AMV france Japan expo as well. I think it's an online contest also? Forgot.
Actually, Japan Expo International is the biggest animé convention in Europe (and possibly the world outside of Japan, if I remember correctly). The event itself doesn't occur until July 5-8.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Scintilla wrote:
xDreww wrote:Question, I ant to submit my Otakon entry to AMV france Japan expo as well. I think it's an online contest also? Forgot.
Actually, Japan Expo International is the biggest animé convention in Europe (and possibly the world outside of Japan, if I remember correctly). The event itself doesn't occur until July 5-8.
This. It's based on other conventions' ACTUAL DATE, not their submission deadline.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

How does Big Contest factor into it? Its an online ongoing contest, and the winners are announced something like 10 days after the final video is played, which could be before or after the Otakon deadline. I'm guessing if we go strictly by the wording of the rules Big Contest wouldn't even factor in since its not a convention or anything, but just wanted to check in to make sure.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:How does Big Contest factor into it? Its an online ongoing contest, and the winners are announced something like 10 days after the final video is played, which could be before or after the Otakon deadline. I'm guessing if we go strictly by the wording of the rules Big Contest wouldn't even factor in since its not a convention or anything, but just wanted to check in to make sure.
Strictly online contests don't count.

Return to “AMV Contests”