Anime Expo is proud to officially present its third annual AMV Chef competition, hosted by Brad DeMoss and Nic Neidenbach!
If you've heard of "Iron Chef" then you already know the gist of what this event is about. However, instead of food contestants "cook" with a preselected cornucopia of demented anime choices as their ingredients
This year's theme is: "The Mad Dash".
Contestants are charged with the task of creating an AMV that best exemplifies their interpretation of that theme.
The selection of footage for this year is as follows:
Project A-Ko - BlueSide & GraySide
(Secret Source - To be announced here after the event)
The entirety of the above sources will be provided.
1) Competitors must use at least three of the five video sources listed.
2) At least one frame from the secret source must be used. Competitors should note that they will be judged on how effectively they integrate the secret source with their video.
3) Competitors will be given two (2) hours to edit their video. In the unlikely event of a technical malfunction, the downed editor's clock halts until they are able to resume editing.
4) Competitors may edit until the last second, at which time nothing may be added, moved, or removed. The final projects shall then be output to a file for playback.
5) Editors must provide their own audio track. It is recommended that editors bring multiple songs of different genres (you never know what that secret source might be). Anything goes, but nothing obscene or excessively vulgar.
A judging panel of select veteran AMV creators and past contestants shall score the videos using the following 50-point criteria:
Use of secret ingredient: 15 points
Use of theme: 15 points
Technical merit: 10 points
Artistic merit: 10 points
There will be competition!
Kisanzi is this year's challenger! At the event he will choose which of our chef judges he shall challenge.
Editors will be provided the usage of a preconfigured workstation to edit on. Each editor's workstation is identical. Equipment details will be forthcoming, but at minimum it will be an Intel i7 or better, and shall be equipped with the full Adobe CS5 Production Suite.
To keep the audience entertained while the entrants sweat, we'll be showing AMVs. Big surprise there. But wait, there's a twist! As part of the AMV viewing there will be games and audience participation with chances to win nifty kewl prizes an' stuff!
Any questions? Ask away! This post will be updated with further information as it comes.