Looking for multiple anime for a multi themed video

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Looking for multiple anime for a multi themed video

Post by ngsilver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

I want to keep most of the details of what I'm planning rather hush hush right now. But suffice it to say I'm in the planning stages for a major video undertaking that will require a lot of sources that are character focused and across multiple 'themes' or generes. I'd prefer these to be newer, or at least obtainable in high definition, though I will take older series/movies as well, though I'm planning the video in a widescreen format (the specific aspect ratio is still up in the air however) so for 4:3 sources I'd prefer them to be framed such that I could easily crop them to fit. However a lot of this I can deal with later, but it's something to think about when looking at sources to suggest.

Basically, I need some help brainstorming series that are heavily character centric (have a lot of single character scenes or focus heavily on people rather then other things.) I will need multiple series to cover the following themes:

Mental Disorders, specifically: Bipolar Disorder, post-traumatic stress syndrome, schizophrenia, post-partum depression, Asperger syndrome, dissociative identity disorder

Heavy Modern Fighting/War, flashbacks welcome

Doctors, both medical and mental

Institutions, preferably of the mental variety, hospitals will work too

Young children, Babies, Mothers, Growing Up, Kids playing, Schooling

Multiple Personalities, waking up confused, general confusion and apprehension, wandering, aimless

Depression, crying, loneliness, pushing others away

Frantic working, pacing, moving fast, working fast, barely sleeping, insomnia

Lack of drive, no will, blank stare, mind control

Imaginary worlds, fantastical worlds, dreams, illusions

I may think of more themes as time goes on, but this is a good start. Any and all help will be appreciated. I'm not very knowledgeable with newer series so I'm at a bit of a handicap when it comes to brainstorming possible sources. And I need a LOT of sources for this project. I will recognize any help I get in the video credits, in case that matters to you, and you will have my gratitude for assisting in getting this project that I've been planning for quite some time off the ground. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Re: Looking for multiple anime for a multi themed video

Post by Zanzaben » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm

First off I suggest you read through this thread because the were a couple of overlapping scenes that you are asking for
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 4&t=108457

I don't have enough time right now to go through this entire post but I will defiantly work on a complete responses to this and post it sometime later.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:52 am

Monster pretty much fits everything that you just listed.

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 am

OK time for a full response, as a note almost all of these suggestions are only a year or 2 old and the few that aren't are 2006 at the latest. Also for some topics I just gave you a link to a diffrent thread that asked for the same thing.

Mental Disorders
So I am not great at recognizing these disorders so I am just giving you a bunch or characters and what I think they might have
Spoiler :
Mirai Nikki, Gasai Yuno: She is just plain crazy and probably fits Bipolar and identity
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, All the main characters: they are the same as Yuno and between the six of them there is alot.
Deadman Wonderland, Shiro: she switches between the happy playful friend and a crazy ultimate killing machine so yeah
Steins;Gate, Okabe: He will display Post-traumatic stress for episodes 13 and 14, and even attempt suicide but gets over it at the end of 14
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Erio: she spends a lot of time completely wrapped up in a futon and never come out, I felt that it was some kind of mental thing
School Days, Kotonoha: she goes crazy after being rejected and still thinks she has a boyfriend, she has fake calls and stuff with him and talks to him even though he isn't there, so Schizophrenia maybe.
School Days, Sekai: She shows a lot of Postpartum symptoms near the end.

These next ones are all for Identity however it isn't so much a disorder as there are actually 2 different people battling within her but they don't know it exactly so it seems like a disorder to others
Pandora Hearts: Alice
Guilty Crown: Inori, it isn't relevant until after episode 11
Heavy Modern Fighting/War
Gosick: Episode 23 and 24 have some WWII era fighting
High School of the Dead: They are fighting zombies yes but they use a lot of very modern weapons and vehicles
Eden of the East: In the last episode they have lots of jet fighters and navy ships launching missiles at buildings and other missiles

Doctors
So I tried to find real doctors that are actual characters with names and not just some random hospital employee
Mawaru Penguindrum, Sanetoshi: while is not a legal doctor he acts as a doctor starting at episode 13
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Kyousuke: he doesn't have a major role but he is at least a named character
Also in more of a comedic sense there are these 2, not really medical doctors but they are technically doctors
Soul Eater, Stein
One Piece, Chopper

Institutions/Hospitals
Deadman Wonderland: is the only thing even close to an institution that I can think of. It is really a jail but most of the people locked up there are crazy mass murders so it can seem like an institution
As for hospitals
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 4&t=107814

Young children, Babies, Mothers, Growing Up, Kids playing, Schooling
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 4&t=107187
Also,
Papa no Iukoto
Ro-kyo-bu

Multiple Personalities, waking up confused, general confusion and apprehension, wandering, aimless
MIrai Nikki, Gasai Yuno: Especially the second ending it is exactly this.
Soul Eater, Stein: Episodes 40-42 or so have Stein losing his mind and wondering about
Ef: A Tale of Memories, Chihiro: Episode 8 has the most waking up confussed a person can possibly get, I would recommend watching the whole series though because there are always a lot of good things to use in Ef

Depression, crying, loneliness, pushing others away
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Madoka: She cries at almost everything
The rest of these all come from an AMV that I am currently working on
Spoiler :
The concept is a tribute to all the girl in romance harems that don't get the guy, and these are all the ones that get super emotional and depressed about it

Shuffle!: Kaede, Sia
Sola: Anon
Ef - A Tale Of Memories: Kei
Hoshizora E Kakaru Hashi: Ibuki, Madoka
Tayutama: Kiss On My Deity: Ameri
Mashiro-Iro Symphony: The Colors Of Lovers: Airi, Sana
H20: Footprints in the sand: Hinata

I have most of the clips of just pure depression on me, if you want those then just let me know.
Frantic working, pacing, moving fast, working fast, barely sleeping, insomnia
Accel World: It's an anime that just started this season so I don't know that much about it yet but the concept is about how they accelerate there brain state so they can think 1000 times faster
Ef: A Tale of Memories: I just feel like there will be some things that work but I can't put my finger on it
Angel Beats: Yuri paces around a lot, and Angel will be moving very fast.

Lack of drive, no will, blank stare, mind control
Vampire Knight, Yuki
Arakawa Under the Bridge, Nino
The rest of these girls fall into this category
Spoiler :

Shuffle!, Primula
Darker than Black, Yin
Haruhi Suzumiya, Nagato
Kanon, Mai
Air, Minagi
Zero no Tsukaima, Tabitha
Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon, Horizon (AKA P-01s)

Imaginary worlds, fantastical worlds, dreams, illusions
Black Rock Shooter
Accel World
Pandora Hearts

So that is what I got, if you have any questions or come up with any more topics you need just let me know.

Zanzaben
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 pm

For all the things pertaining to mental disorders, you should be able to get a lot out of Welcome to the NHK. It's newer and heavily character centric. You can get the idea from that clip.
Spoiler :
Not just the main character, but the girl is suicidal at the end too when you find out her motives. Lots of screwed up minor characters along the way.
I'd also recommend Paprika (movie). There's lots of great stuff involving fantasy worlds, illusions, breaking down the barrier between dreams and reality, even though it's just a movie. Controlling people's dreams is a theme and seems like it might fit with what you need.
....will probably add some more later..

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Its old and doesn't fit your technical description, but it has everything your looking for: Saikano.
(I love imagining someone actually taking my suggestion to watch it and ruining their day)
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed May 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks for the ideas, this will definitely point me in the right direction for a lot of things.

I might be able to work some SaiKano in there. Sadly I can't take the suggestion and watch it for the first time since I saw it when it originally aired, but fun times anyway :D
ImageImageImageImage

SatoshiSakura
Org Profile

Post by SatoshiSakura » Sat May 05, 2012 1:57 pm

For mind control there are the scenes with Anri in DRRR that might work, and Chrono Crusade might as well.
You might be able to pull of Kobato for depression/loneliness.
Macross Frontier has some hospital scenes.

Return to “General AMV”