Eureka Seven AO

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Eureka Seven AO

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:42 am

There's a theory running around that this is an alternate universe, and Eureka fell from the sky through the rip in time/space to the Island to give birth to Ao. Not impossible either, considering the Scubs themselves had to travel to a different universe at the end of the series.

Eureka also doesn't have her wings from the shots we've seen, so there's some questions that need answering.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 pm

The fact the she had to dye her hair because of how poorly she was being treated on that island PISSES ME OFF. :evil:
EkaCoralian wrote:Eureka also doesn't have her wings from the shots we've seen, so there's some questions that need answering.
Not really a col explanation, but maybe they're just retracted?

Off topic, I will admit that Flair is cute, but I still like Elena. I'm wondering why technology called for ditching the REF Boards and sticking with jet-type aircraft. "OMG, its standing up!" Was it THAT much of a shock?

BONES seems to be trying to rope in viewers by showing a lot of explosions and fighting this early in the series, I'm hoping it settles down and focuses more on the actual story and dialogue. I also miss the creative episode names from the original.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:13 pm

TEKnician wrote:BONES seems to be trying to rope in viewers by showing a lot of explosions and fighting this early in the series, I'm hoping it settles down and focuses more on the actual story and dialogue. I also miss the creative episode names from the original.
I loved the "slow" pacing of the old show but if we look at this as a continuation, and E7 has the stereotypical "shit gets crazy" anime ending, this is just the logical next step. Even so I'm okay with this direction as the characters seem to have SOME amount of depth, but we'll see the extent of that.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:54 pm

The problem is that Ao is set for 24 episodes; they simply don't have time to do 10 episodes of you getting to know the characters with no hint to the plot whatsoever.

@TEK: No I'm with you; I thought they retracted. I don't think thats impossible considering she was able to completely get rid of her green arm with no explanation in the final episode. xD (I only imagine because Renton said she looked beautiful with the wings, so she kept the wings).

And you miss the episode names? They're pulling the same thing they did in the first series with the titles though for AO. Only difference is they have a main episode title and then a sub-title.
01 - Deep Blue / Born Slippy
02 - Ao's Cavern / Call It What You Want

They still put song titles as the episodes, so I don't really understand what you're missing about em.

Also did anyone notice
Spoiler :
the Holland, Matthieu and Stoner reference in AO when Gazelle, Pippo and Han all set on the ledge together with binoculars?
Throwback to E7 (episode 1)! :3
The ending shot of the OP as well was a reference; I squealed when I saw it.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Oh man, her face in that picture struck a chord.

This show may not be as good, but I still am way into it. Realized I shouldn't wait for shit to get crazy, it may not happen, this entire series may just be fan pandering. I don't really care, they're doing ok by me.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 pm

I think they've done a fine job with AO; sure its not as good as the original thus far, but for a sequel not starring the original cast as the mains, this is pretty damn good (they've even thrown in a few references to the first series all over the place. Good move!)

Episode 3 was fine; nothing big since it was a set-up for the next episode and everything. I LOVE the artwork by Yoshida of Eureka and baby Ao in the picture. Yoshida, just... c'mere and let me love you, you artistic wonder.
I also like the addition of Eureka near the moon in the OP (as well as the necessary hair color change for Ao in the OP and ED).

Also, not entirely AO-related, but did anyone catch Hadena Fansub's subbed version of episode 51? (The famed alternate ending to E7 that was never aired, but had dialogue written out and performed by the seiyuus in 2006 at a Sony Music Festival)? BONES recently put it out on Japanese televisions a few weeks ago and Hadena graciously subbed it.
I sobbed like a baby the entire time.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 pm

FINALLY! THERE YOU ARE, MY LOVE!

Okay, I'm totally for the theory that this is an alternate universe because of Eureka's DYNAMIC ENTRY. I mean, why drop from the sky in the first place? Renton must then still be in the other universe.

Eureka w/ black hair? :? ... :mrgreen: a'ight. Thought she was Talho at first, but thats what you get when you have the same facial structure. I wonder if Eureka went back to the other side...

I wanna see pink laser next episode

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Apparently she got taken by the US military though. No idea if she got back (or if she went away with the Scub Burst. In the manga it was like that, but the anime only briefly mentioned the Burst), but somehow they got her and Ao's bracelet ('cause Gazelle was trying to bring that to the Japanese military or somesuch in the briefcase in episode 1).

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:13 am

Oh BTW...you still like Fleur?
Spoiler :
BEAT THAT! I TOLD you Elena was better! :rofl:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:09 pm

And Fleur answers to a small girl who's mother had been crushed by debris by running out to get her Allelujah to help move the blocks.
HM. Now I wonder why I like Fleur so much...

No but really both are cool; I think Elena's otaku obsession is amusing as anything and Fleur's admirable (not to mention, lol, 'I'LL UPDATE MY BLOG WHERE I WANT!" xD)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”