Premiere & After Effects CS6 - New features

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Brad
Org Profile

Re: Premiere & After Effects CS6 - New features

Post by Brad » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am

Mister Hatt wrote:Off topic hey Izumi, that's a name I haven't seen in like 8 years, what's up?

On topic do people still use Foundry products? Node based workflow is fine and all but Nuke and friends were always kinda hacky...
Nuke, Fusion, Flame, etc. are all still used very heavily in the compositing/finishing industry.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 am

I have a short fake trailer I'm working on this summer, with shooting starting in three weeks. I think I'll try to fit my editing window into the 30day trial time for AE CS6 so I can give it an nice shake down and then decide if wanna spend the money to upgrade to PP and AE CS6.

Do you suppose that PP CS6 project files could be opened by PP CS5?

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:04 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:I have a short fake trailer I'm working on this summer, with shooting starting in three weeks. I think I'll try to fit my editing window into the 30day trial time for AE CS6 so I can give it an nice shake down and then decide if wanna spend the money to upgrade to PP and AE CS6.

Do you suppose that PP CS6 project files could be opened by PP CS5?
I don't know about Premiere, but I know for a fact that AE CS5.5 has an option to "Save for CS5". I want to say that I read that they were going to carry this forward, but it'd only be to save back a half version. So, CS6 would let you Save for CS5.5, then you could load it up into CS5.5 and save it for CS5. Kind of a shitty workflow, but at least it's something. And, again, I only about that for AE. I haven't checked if Premiere does that.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Awww man, the Doppler Shifter is back in Audition CS6, they took that out of CS5. I neeeeeeed that for sound design.

Hrm, not sure if I really want Premiere CS6, but AE and Audition are tempting.

$375.00 to upgrade CS6 Production Premium. Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm... Maybe at the end of the summer.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:35 am

Brad wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:On topic do people still use Foundry products? Node based workflow is fine and all but Nuke and friends were always kinda hacky...
Nuke, Fusion, Flame, etc. are all still used very heavily in the compositing/finishing industry.
Oh I know that, I work with Inferno and Flame myself, but those are AutoDesk really. Totally an Adobe's bitch for Audition and Lightroom though.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed May 09, 2012 1:28 pm

WHAT THE FUCK?
This stuff is totally shit for skimming through large/long files like an anime episode....

I need this to work with, or atleast an equaly nice solution.

:uhoh: hopefully I'll find a process that suits me else this would a major workflow design fail.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed May 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Good news though! Time Remapping and Keyframes don't fuck each other up anymore! :awesome:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 pm

I think you can click on the + that you can see in the bottom right of your screenshot to add/remove buttons (the scroller you like should be there too).

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 pm

mirkosp wrote:I think you can click on the + that you can see in the bottom right of your screenshot to add/remove buttons (the scroller you like should be there too).
I don't see it on Trial version.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Also, just to confirm, the 64bit Avisynth plugin does work with CS6.

Return to “Adobe Software”