Project OrgEditor Season 2 Information Thread

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor Season 2 Information Thread

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:08 am

Frequently Asked Questions / Basic Information

What is Project Orgeditor?

Project OrgEditor is the AnimeMusicVideos.org sponsored contest. It spans 6 weeks. We start with a large pool of editors, but in the end, only 3 will remain at the end of the competition to compete for the title of Project OrgEditor Champion (and a lovely prize pack)!

The contestants will compete with each other to create the best AMV possible in the span of one week. AMVs must be designed around a specific “theme challenge”. Their AMVs are judged, and one or more editors are eliminated each week until there are only 3 editors remaining for our final round of competition.

Editors in the past have had to edit to popular internet memes, work as a team, edit a video based upon who they are as a person and many other unexpected challenges.

What can we expect time wise?

Here's a look at a typical week with Project OrgEditor.

Contest Dates?

Here is our official Calendar of Events

How do I know if my registration went through?

I'll e-mail you once your information has been obtained. You can also check this page of our website.

How are we scored/judged?

Read more about that here.

Can we see the videos once they are finished?

Yes! Once I have all the videos at the end of the editing process, I will provide links to where you may view them.

How will we submit videos to you?

Through a form similar to the one you have already registered with. You will need to upload your videos to a file sharing service such as Mediafire or Sendspace.

The Quickening?

If you are required to edit in both the quickening and in Project OrgEditor on the same week (check the calendar above for exact dates), you may edit early for my contest if you so choose to do so. Please let me know at least 1 week in advance.

Prizes?

Champion: Title of "Project OrgEditor Champion", Custom Ribbon in Video Profile Page For Final Round Video, $75 Amazon Gift Card, Framed Certificate [If you live outside of North America, we will send you a digital signed certificate].

Runner Up: Title of "Project OrgEditor Runner-Up", $25 Amazon Gift Card, Framed Certificate [If you live outside of North America, we will send you a digital signed certificate].

Top 3 : Offer of being a future Project OrgEditor Judge or part of 2013 Theme Coordination Team

[More information will become available as questions are asked. Please use this thread to ask any and all questions about our contest.]
Last edited by CodeZTM on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor Season 2 Information Thread

Post by -Reda- » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:27 am

Already signed up, I needed something fun to do this summer. Can't wait to get back to editing.
*sips tea*

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

cant wait to see what AMVs come out from this. The VCA finals were crammed full of videos made for last year's OrgEditor.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm

So do the amount of rounds have a potential to increase/decrease based on the number of contestants we have ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:35 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:So do the amount of rounds have a potential to increase/decrease based on the number of contestants we have ?
I haven't really talked that over with Nya-Chan Production yet. We'll see after the first round. As you recall from last year, we had several drops early that made our elimination process easier.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Are the parenthetical notations (Nature's Wrath, etc.) posted in the Calender thread the themes for each week? Or are they there for some other, less srs and more silly purpose?
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 am

Rendakor wrote:Are the parenthetical notations (Nature's Wrath, etc.) posted in the Calender thread the themes for each week? Or are they there for some other, less srs and more silly purpose?
In the past, I always provide small "hints" as to what the theme rounds are. These are those hints. They are the official "titles" of the rounds.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:28 am

I forsee that we have to make trees come to life and eat all who walk in its path in the first round.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:I forsee that we have to make trees come to life and eat all who walk in its path in the first round.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
If only hentai was allowed with this :ying:
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Quick Question, at what time on May 7 will the theme be released?
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”