Fate/Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
uncreative
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Zero

Post by uncreative » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:36 am

Jasta85 wrote:
Spoiler :
Lancer really got the short end of the stick in this war.
More like
Spoiler :
the long end of the spear.
As usual, Maiya proves to be the most handy person to have around.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:28 am

uncreative wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:
Spoiler :
Lancer really got the short end of the stick in this war.
More like
Spoiler :
the long end of the spear.
Yeah Lancer class has it really tough in Grail wars... more information in the Carnival Phantasm series :D :D
uncreative wrote: As usual, Maiya proves to be the most handy person to have around.
Yep
I actually believed for a second that
Spoiler :
he'd let Lancer's master live
But I don't even blame him for it, I didn't like him anyway

On different note:
Am I the only one who never really cared for Saber, not even in Fate/stay night?
I would be glad to see Rider win this war, but as we all know.. that's not gonna happen :,(

also
Spoiler :
I've been thinking this ever since Gilgamesh and Kirei spoke with each other for the first time in the first half of /Zero
I think that Kirei is gonna kill Tohsaka out of curriousness or something and that he will form contract with Gilga
Either way, Gilga is more sympathetic for me then he was in /Stay Night
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:27 pm

In both fate/stay night and fate/stay zero everyone except Gilgamesh and rider (zero rider) is too damn serious. I like both of them just because they're more off beat. Gilgamesh mostly has a "I don't give a shit because I'm so awesome" attitude while rider's attitude is just awesome in general.

Lancer and Sabre are too caught up in their codes of honor, both casters were just messed up people (although the female caster did have here dere side, and ironically both casters seemed to get along with their masters the best out of all the heroic souls), and both assassins were kind of minor characters over all lol, they both got taken out without much effort. and fare/stay archer was just too emo, kinda like his original self heh.

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:59 pm

@uncreative

Great, now do one with /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Seriously, if it's one thing I've learned from anime, NEVER sign any contracts.

As for the episode, holy shitballs that was intense.
Spoiler :
If Emiya Kiritsugu didn't personify tvtropes's What the Hell, Hero? before, he sure does now.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 am

Spoiler :
Diarmuid D': *sobs*
I'm glad his master(s) died though. Didn't like either of them, especially in this episode.
This was a really cool episode though.
He certainly DOES get his biznas done, jesuschrist. xD

As for the Gil/Saber discussion,
Spoiler :
I understand what you're saying, and that's probably the mindset both of them have. In their battle in Stay Night though it felt like, 'Heres this incredibly powerful and bloodthirsty servant who's going to fight King Arthur. As the battle progresses he looks like he's acknowledging her power, and even admiring it.' It wasn't really the idea of a realistic relationship, but more along the lines of, 'Wow, only Saber has had this effect on the King of Heroes. He's showing a weaker side of him because of this, that's sorta cute.' And when he was defeated in the battle he wasn't like clawing at the ground trying to be like 'YOU'RE GOIN' TO HELL WITH ME', he accepted his fate and left Saber to her fate, believing that she could achieve success. I think Gil secretly does have a bit of feelings for Saber, but he's too clouded by his own pride and dignity to come to terms with it. Anyways, THAT'S why I sorta like Gil/Saber (but I mean o' course I like Saber/Shiro from Stay Night more because hello canon cuteness).

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:15 am

ibabrak wrote: Yeah Lancer class has it really tough in Grail wars... more information in the Carnival Phantasm series :D :D
Spoiler :
LANCER DIED!!! Your not HUMAN!!! Laughed at that joke ever since it began xD

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Ep 17, this may be your last chance, if you have not watched fate/stay night then hurry and watch it now before it is too late
Spoiler :
Gawwwwwww, the scene with chibi Rin really moved me because we all knew exactly what was going to happen. Although it really is ironic that Kirie gets that dagger from Kotomine, then kills him with it, then gives it to Rin when she finishes her apprenticeship under him and then Shiro uses it to kill Kirie at the end of Fate/Stay night. It's given as a gift from master to apprentice twice and then used to kill both masters.

I'm really bummed about Kotomine dying, he was one of the only top class mages in this war (heck in both wars) and he never had a chance to really shine (his fight with berserker's master was too one sided). On the other hand it was pretty cool to see Kirie's final step in his fall into evil.

And I actually watched the closing credits for the first time, another Gawwwww moment, since it shows scenes of Kiritsugu and Irisviel from before the war started. Dangit, we know how that's going to end as well. DEPRESSING! I need to watch some carnival phantasm to cheer up.

Anyway, next ep looks like it's going to focus on Rider's master and his past, at least from the preview.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat May 05, 2012 3:06 pm

that is some messed up past, Kiritsugu :awesome:
ImageImage

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 am

ibabrak wrote:that is some messed up past, Kiritsugu :awesome:
x2